Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
I've been saying this for quite long time, that Iaquinta is the best striker we have at JUVENTUS :D I just love that guy, and his spirit. He runs the whole game :D

Jul 10, 2006
Lippi: It was a training session
Wednesday 10 June, 2009
Marcello Lippi concedes the hard-fought 4-3 friendly win over New Zealand was “a good training session.”

The World Cup winners were trailing to the All-Blacks three times in this game in Pretoria, which acted as a warm-up for both in the Confederations Cup.

“It was a training session and this is what we needed tonight, which is why I left out most of the 'veterans,'” said the Coach.

Lippi had stated he already knew the starting XI against USA next Monday will not be this one, so he gave others the chance to make their mark.

Marco Amelia did himself no favours, as three howlers gave New Zealand their goals and the defending from set plays was dire.

“We made mistakes and paid for them, but then made up for that in the end,” added Lippi.

“There were good and bad things, which is normal. Errors are always worrying, obviously, but it was a good training session.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun10w.html

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I'm not too impressed by a team that consists (mostly) of Serie A stars, that has problems with a completely inferior team

it doesnt matter if they arent our starters, they still are worlds better than New Zealands entire team, and there are no excuses

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I agree. I wasn't completely aware new zealand has a full team. And how we went behind twice was not acceptable.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #651
    I'm not too impressed by a team that consists (mostly) of Serie A stars, that has problems with a completely inferior team

it doesnt matter if they arent our starters, they still are worlds better than New Zealands entire team, and there are no excuses
    It was completely Amelia's fault for all he goals. His performance was shockingly terrible and with Buffon in goal Italy would have kept a clean sheet.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007

Aren't you American?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    He didn't say that, Andy. But given the history of Italian Americans he might and there might be a very good reason too.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    It's a thing immigrants do. Even if they are third or fourth generation immigrants. And why blame them? You're the ones who keep calling them Italians.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)