Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This was brilliant, Red :lol: :lol:

Maggie Thatcher, can you hear me, your boys took a hell of a beating :lol:

I found the translation:
"We are the best in the world! We are the best in the world! We have beaten England 2-1 in football!! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten England! England, birthplace of giants. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--we have beaten them all. We have beaten them all. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher, your boys took a hell of a beating. Your boys took a hell of a beating" :lol2: :lol2:

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 10, 2006
Look again. Only 13 players are confirmed for the CC. The other 10 will be chosen from the players playing against N. Ireland, and Rossi is among those players.

Btw, the u-21 EURO is taking place from June 15th, exactly at the same time as the Confederations Cup. That might be the reason why there aren't many youngsters called and at the end it might be the reason why Rossi and Santon won't make it to the Conf. Cup.
Yea I missed that he was in the squad for the friendly. I hope he plays this time. Was it against Ireland that he never saw the pitch?

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Btw, the u-21 EURO is taking place from June 15th, exactly at the same time as the Confederations Cup. That might be the reason why there aren't many youngsters called and at the end it might be the reason why Rossi and Santon won't make it to the Conf. Cup.
I think Rossi and Santon will make it. Lippi had an agreement with Casiragh and he promised that he wouldn't call up U-21's youngsters during the U-21 Euro Cup (I guess if Casiragh doesn't get the result, he will be fired for he has failed the 2007 Euro and Olympics). The only three youngsters eligible for the U-21 called up are Santon, Rossi and Esposito. Rossi, after Balotelli's promotion to the U-21, is no longer needed there and I think Lippi has promoted him permanently to the Nazionale. Santon only played once for the U-21 in a friendly and does not have a fixed place in the team, neither does Esposito who was never called up by Casiragh before. So no need to give these three to Casiragh.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
LOL @ Italy haters.

LOL @ people who hate Italy, yet support a team based in that very country.(not to mention that fact that many Juve supporters in Italy are extremely right wing and patriotic...and wave Italian flags in the curva)

LOL @ a the USA in general.

And finally

LOL @ International football.
So what are you doing in Sydney? Another fucking reject?

I don't care whether the Drughi waive rainbow flags back there. It's not any of my concern.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
So what are you doing in Sydney? Another fucking reject?

I don't care whether the Drughi waive rainbow flags back there. It's not any of my concern.
LOL @ reject. Have you been to Calabria mate? Fucking glad I live in this country FYI. And yeah, I've read a few of your posts on this board and you come across as an A-Class fuckwit, so I'm proud to be called a "reject" by the likes of you.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You are right, this is obviously the reason, Motta, Marchisio, Santacroce, Bocchetti, Criscito would have been quite assured call ups for this friendly if it wasnt for the U-21 ( main reason why likes of Biagianti are called up, just for the heck of it) which is more vital then this confed cup. Perhaps Balo and Gio too if they were lucky, but that would be pushing it.

But the reason Santon is called up in this friendly, is not only because Lippi needs some fresh positive call ups, instead of meeeh ones like most others, but also because Santon is very new to the azzurrini, and his absence wont be felt from there for the tourno, in case he wants to experiment and take him to confed. Motta and Criscito ahead of him (So Casiraghi prolly gave the ok to take him, so dont be suprised to see Santon picked). But Rossi, dead sure he will be on the Confederations cup, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope he isnt called up at all, that would be amazing.

Because I will be going to Italy's U-21 euro games :D And it would be so perfect to see Gio and Rossi link up, and this type Balo as primapunta instead of Freshwater who aint so fresh most of the time.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
23 called-ups for the Confederation Cup:

Portieri: Buffon (Juventus), Amelia (Palermo), De Sanctis (Galatasaray);

Difensori: Cannavaro (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Dossena (Liverpool), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Grosso (Lione), Legrottaglie (Juventus), Santon (Inter), Zambrotta (Milan);

Centrocampisti: Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria), Pirlo (Milan);

Attaccanti: Gilardino (Fiorentina), Iaquinta (Juventus), Pepe (Udinese), Quagliarella (Napoli), Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal), Toni (Bayern Monaco).

Nothing new except Santon. And no D'Agostino.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And for the 1000000th time Juve gives more players than the others. Even in the u21 Juve will give most of the players.
I don't like it. Too many of our players with less time to rest. Bah, at least our best player will have full summer to charge his batteries.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
At least we don't have Obi Mikel, Drogba, Essien and Kalou in the team :D
Daymn...that's why Ancelotti is starting by selling Essien, he will build a new team. He's so much aware of the problem.

Shit, I hope Essien doesn't end up with Milan as I feared. Let Kaka stay, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)