Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
That's how I want the Azzurri to look like after the U21 EC/Confederations Cup.Not going to happen before 2016 when they're all at least 30 though...

____________Buffon
Motta Santacroce Chiellini Santon
___Marchisio De Rossi Pirlo
Rossi_________________Giovinco
___________Cassano

There is no target man upfront but hey,If we don't have a decent one why should we force a mediocre one to play upfront?

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Buffon
Zambrotta-Cannavaro-Chiellini-Grosso
de Rossi-Pirlo-Gattuso
Camoranesi-di Natale
Toni

With the likes of Amelia, Gamberini, Legrotagglie, Motta, Giovinco, Aquilani/Marchisio, Montolivo, Iaquinta, Del Piero, Rossi and others on the bench and with a master like Lippi at helm this team still doesnt look mediocre and thats probably how it will look on WC. In the ideal world Zanetti could recover, have a wonderful season and be brought back to NT as well as Totti and Nesta, which would streghten the team in the tournament a lot.

for my taste i would put Camoranesi in the midfield trio and put one of Giovinco or Rossi in his place. maybe even start Delpie if he can do it also in 2010. but i don`t think many would believe if someone at 2004 claimed Del Piero would start in 2010 world cup. many strange things happen though :)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Buffon
Zambrotta-Cannavaro-Chiellini-Grosso
de Rossi-Pirlo-Gattuso
Camoranesi-di Natale
Toni

With the likes of Amelia, Gamberini, Legrotagglie, Motta, Giovinco, Aquilani/Marchisio, Montolivo, Iaquinta, Del Piero, Rossi and others on the bench and with a master like Lippi at helm this team still doesnt look mediocre and thats probably how it will look on WC. In the ideal world Zanetti could recover, have a wonderful season and be brought back to NT as well as Totti and Nesta, which would streghten the team in the tournament a lot.

for my taste i would put Camoranesi in the midfield trio and put one of Giovinco or Rossi in his place. maybe even start Delpie if he can do it also in 2010. but i don`t think many would believe if someone at 2004 claimed Del Piero would start in 2010 world cup. many strange things happen though :)
If Gattuso and Di Natale are starting at the 2010 WC the azzurri are gonna have major problems

Gamberini and Montolivo are quite possibly the most overated players in calcio

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
he gets a pass on this one....not much can be done when you're down to 10 men for nearly 90 minutes
Yeah, probably, but what about the subs? If Ranieri did that at home, against any team, even if we were playing with 10 men, you would have been the first one to criticize him.

Pirlo was brilliant both against Montenegro and against Ireland. The only one capable to do something. Yet Lippi subbed him out at half time for the DMC Palombo and plays with 3 DMCs.
Then he subs off the second attacking player, Pepe, with a fifth defender, Dossena, and for more than half an hour he plays 5-3-1 with 5 defenders, 3 DMCs and Iaquinta.

Now lets say we lead 1:0 at home against Cagliari and Amauri gets a red card at the start of the match. At half time Ranieri takes Camoranesi off and puts Poulsen in Camo's place and in 55th minute he takes Del Piero off and puts Zebina in his place.
Then we play 5-3-1 with Zebina, Grygera, Chiellini, Legro and Molinaro in defense, Poulsen, Marchisio and Sissoko in midfield and Iaquinta alone up front.

Oh, and Ranieri didn't call Giovinco (Cassano) for this match against Cagliari even though Gio was in great form and he played better than any other Juve player.

Will Ranieri get a pass on that one?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do you not remember the slaging Ranieri got for winning away to Catania in similar circumstances?

He got slaughtered for not making attacking changes, so God knows what would have been said if he had gone very defensive.

Jul 10, 2006
Now lets say we lead 1:0 at home against Cagliari and Amauri gets a red card at the start of the match. At half time Ranieri takes Camoranesi off and puts Poulsen in Camo's place and in 55th minute he takes Del Piero off and puts Zebina in his place.
Then we play 5-3-1 with Zebina, Grygera, Chiellini, Legro and Molinaro in defense, Poulsen, Marchisio and Sissoko in midfield and Iaquinta alone up front.

Oh, and Ranieri didn't call Giovinco (Cassano) for this match against Cagliari even though Gio was in great form and he played better than any other Juve player.

Who were we playing when Vincenzo got an early red card right after his goal to put us up 1-0?

May 22, 2007
Marceℓℓo;1945229 said:
That's how I want the Azzurri to look like after the U21 EC/Confederations Cup.Not going to happen before 2016 when they're all at least 30 though...

____________Buffon
Motta Santacroce Chiellini Santon
___Marchisio De Rossi Pirlo
Rossi_________________Giovinco
___________Cassano

There is no target man upfront but hey,If we don't have a decent one why should we force a mediocre one to play upfront?
Lippi should start to get some of them involved with the senior team instead of some players called up.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If Gattuso and Di Natale are starting at the 2010 WC the azzurri are gonna have major problems

Gamberini and Montolivo are quite possibly the most overated players in calcio
how can you say that? if gattuso is having no problems in 2010 and plays like in the first months of this season, then there is no better option. and di natale is definetly going to start if lippi plays 4321, which i believe he will do.

two reserve players dont change my point that italy still can put together fine squad, do they?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, probably, but what about the subs? If Ranieri did that at home, against any team, even if we were playing with 10 men, you would have been the first one to criticize him.

Pirlo was brilliant both against Montenegro and against Ireland. The only one capable to do something. Yet Lippi subbed him out at half time for the DMC Palombo and plays with 3 DMCs.
Then he subs off the second attacking player, Pepe, with a fifth defender, Dossena, and for more than half an hour he plays 5-3-1 with 5 defenders, 3 DMCs and Iaquinta.

I don't give him a pass. I think he coached the situation poorly. Putting subs on so early when he didn't need to. Playing chumps like Pepe (sorry, I think he's lame: can I call him "PEE-PEE" Vinman-style? :D) and Palumbo (wrong sub, and well, iffy... like the new Perrotta but worse). Not even calling up Cassano when it was so blatantly clear that the team missed precisely his caliber and style yesterday.

And Dossena (where Santacroce would be better) on rather than put the match away when Italy was getting penetration but lacked a finishing touch?

I agree that Lippi must take some of the heat for this result.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002

I agree, the subs were pretty lame, and Pirlo should have stayed in

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
because of all the hours I've been working, I still havent been able to watch the entire game (have it on tape), but for Alen to compare Lippi to RUINeri is almost laughable !!

Lippi has a room full of trophies, including a World Cup, and Claudio has nothing to show for his efforts....besides the " hi, I'm the village idiot" plaque that sits on his desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)