Official Azzurri WC2010 Thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I'm assuming this is an April fools joke?

Goalkeeper Gigi Buffon, former World Player of the Year Fabio Cannavaro, Milan midfield ace Andrea Pirlo and new strike sensation Giampaolo Pazzini are among eight players to have been ruled out of this evening’s game having been taken ill overnight. Fringe players Morgan De Sanctis, Salvatore Bocchetti, Alessandro Gamberini and Pasquale Foggia are the others to be stricken with the virus which swept through the Italy camp less than 24 hours before kick-off at the San Nicola Stadium.

EDIT: I can confirm that it is

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
This would be a great line up for Italy :D

.................Buffon
..........Legro...Chiellini...Ariaudo

Camo......Zanetti....Marchisio.....De Ceglie

....................Giovinco
..........Iaquinta......Del Piero

With Chimenti, Molinaro, Marchionni, Fausto Rossi, Luca Castiglia and Giuseppe Giovinco on the bench.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
This would be a great line up for Italy :D

.................Buffon
..........Legro...Chiellini...Ariaudo

Camo......Zanetti....Marchisio.....De Ceglie

....................Giovinco
..........Iaquinta......Del Piero

With Chimenti, Molinaro, Marchionni, Fausto Rossi, Luca Castiglia and Giuseppe Giovinco on the bench.
Well at least that midfield would take Pepe-Brighi-Palombo-Foggia to town

Mar 30, 2006
i am happy Rossi is starting.

I dont thinkg Quag or Pepe should be starting for Italy though. Di Natale is effective and creates chances when he plays so he kinda merits his place. But I think Giovinco would bring far more to the national team than Pepe does. If Lippi calls Iaquinta when he was not starting he should call Giovinco. Giovinco is the type of player Italy lack (Central attacking mid/ Left Attacking mid). He would be great to have on the bench .. like if Di natale got injured ... ..

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pazzini got red card after 2 minutes? Missed it. But sucks because makes it very unlikely Rossi gets on...

And the goal was a typical combination of Pirlo and Grosso, they know eachother well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)