Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Qualifier thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
what about the rest of world cups won by other national teams. France for example, at the time of Thuram Zidane Trezeguet. How about the World cups won By Brazil, were Milan or Barcelona or Real Madrid the true Champion of the world.. what kind of fucked up logic is that??

And when I don't agree with it, I am automatically turned to a non-Juve fan. You have to relate every success in the world to Juventus, otherwise you are an Anti-Juve. The Philosophy of Turk_Bicanconero :tup:

Jul 2, 2006
what about the rest of world cups won by other national teams. France for example, at the time of Thuram Zidane Trezeguet. How about the World cups won By Brazil, were Milan or Barcelona or Real Madrid the true Champion of the world.. what kind of fucked up logic is that??
thanks I almost forget it

France 98 Zidane-Deschamps partnership

Juventus have rights on that cup too

One post of Fred adds to this forum more than what you add in a year or more, so Fred is staying!
then,he should stop talking about my posts

he adds too much things for sure

like del piero is second rate,nedved is not class,henry is best bla bla

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Iaquinta wasnt useless at all,he played a Good match,he was runninng everywhere & he fought on every ball.
At least he has some pace in comparison with Alex & Inzagui

As for Di Natale,U cant call a player who scored twice in a close game ending 2_1 horrible,it is just not right,he wasnt that Impressive but again he has pace & thats exactly what Italy are lacking upfront.
I think when he starts playing for Udinise regularly,him & Toni will give a Good line up upfront.

It will really Suck if either Italy or France didnt qualify,I know that Scotland are playing it like worriors & they have the Best Crowd in the world, But not seeing Class players like the ones of Italy & France in the Euro will not be pretty.
Anyway Italy can still make it happen & beat Scotland in Hampden Park which will really be The Hardest Test for The Azzuri.
He had pace because there were spaces to run into. He cannot control the ball cos his first touch is shite.

He overhit his crosses and the chances he got and they were a couple he did not make good use of them.

Comparing his contribution to what Inzaghi and Dp had to cope with is unfair as France have a far better defence and unlike Ukraine, France did not come out to play so it was extremely difficult for Inzaghi to do anything with Thuram, Escude and Abidal watching his every move.

In the 2 games, Italy played better against France and because they did not win people are acting like they were utter shite cos they were not, they were far worse against an inferior opposition in Ukraine.

I know its impossible to tell but I cannot see Di natale and Iaquinta causing any problems whatsoever to the |France team, the way they played and Inzaghi would surely have carved out chances against Ukraine.

My analysis is not based on results as I am not a result obsessed person. I am not 1 of those people especially reporters that go overboard depending on whether a team won or lost

I dont know why people went overboard as regards Inzaghi, France have 1 of the if not the meanest defendign unit in world football and its very difficult to score against them and for a striker, its a thankless task, not alone playing there by yourself.

The only Italian striker, I would play before Inzaghi is Toni becos as far as I am concerned he is superior to Lucarelli, Gilardino, Iaquinta and the other number 9s in Italy unless Vieri starts to take football seriously again

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I thought our performance sucked, and we were fortunate enough to score on 2 of the 4 real chances that we had

Ukraine sat back, waited for us to bring the ball into their end of the field, took it away from us too many times, and started the counter-attack. A better team would have easily put 3 or 4 past us...

Again, our offense lacked ideas, and we didnt seem to know what to do with the ball for much of the game...DONEadoni is to blame for that

Iaquinta should have never been signed by Juve, and its an even bigger crime that he is on the NT. I would select a Vieri on crutches before I would ever pick a fully fit Iaquinta

Perrotta was very disappointing.... I expected more from him

I'm happy Di Natale scored a brace, but I'm not too sure he is the man to lead us if we make it to the Euro's...he was anonymous aside from those two opportunities

about the Euro's- I dont have much confidence in this idiot of a coach, and wouldnt be surprised if we didnt make it...

...and if we do, does anyone believe that this retard can actually help win us the trophy ??

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
So is the general consensus that Iaquinta is a near-worthless player?
Let's put it this way: Del Piero has had his fair share of worthless games for the NT as well. I think most sensible posters will wait until he has more than one appearance in the Juve jersey before passing judgement.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Let's put it this way: Del Piero has had his fair share of worthless games for the NT as well. I think most sensible posters will wait until he has more than one appearance in the Juve jersey before passing judgement.
Well then label me nonsensical, but I have seen Iaquinta play countless times and I have never seen anything (at all) special about the guy. For a club like Juventus and a country such as Italy, Iaquinta has really stepped past his play-grade - and pay-grade in my opinion. We're not talking about Del Piero here... we're talking about a player who has far less skill, less experiance and a price tag at Udinese that was outrageous.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I agree that the price was much too high (compare to what we sold Mutu for), but I do think he will be a good player for us. He has scored more than 10 goals in a season before and if he keeps doing so, then he can't be labelled useless or a flop, as many members are doing already.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I agree that the price was much too high (compare to what we sold Mutu for), but I do think he will be a good player for us. He has scored more than 10 goals in a season before and if he keeps doing so, then he can't be labelled useless or a flop, as many members are doing already.
If we wastes as many chances as he currently does, yes, he will be considered a flop by me and other. Rightfully, I must say. You can't waste that many chances at Juve.

Hey Andy,didnt see you for a while.Welcome back.
Thanks. :pint: But with University going on, I'll take a bunch of breaks from here I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)