Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Qualifier thread (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
If we wastes as many chances as he currently does, yes, he will be considered a flop by me and other. Rightfully, I must say. You can't waste that many chances at Juve.
Yes, he will be considered a flop by me as well, but I'll give him more time before passing my final judgement. I'm sure he's more confident now after scoring 2 goals in his debut for us and starting for the NT. It would be fair to at least give him half a season before calling for his head, don't you agree?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 19, 2006
Well then label me nonsensical, but I have seen Iaquinta play countless times and I have never seen anything (at all) special about the guy. For a club like Juventus and a country such as Italy, Iaquinta has really stepped past his play-grade - and pay-grade in my opinion. We're not talking about Del Piero here... we're talking about a player who has far less skill, less experiance and a price tag at Udinese that was outrageous.
I always agreed with ur opinions but I must disagree here.
Iaquinta is not a talented player at all,he has almost 0 skills
BUT there is a very important thing about him that I think onlyfew people noticed it,HE is a very very lucky player,the ball always march by him & it is not smthing temporarly,he is just lucky.

Speaking on his abilities,he is very fast & he always have Pace which is smthing that Italy & Juve lacks especially with Neddy growing old & totti retiring.
Another thing that impresses me about him is that he has a great spirit & he alwasy fight on every ball & he never stop running.
I am not expecting great things from him coz he lacks skills but I think he could be very helpful at some stage for both Italy & Juve & ask LIPPI,he really knew when & where to use him.

As for Juve we really lack pace upfront with Dp & Trezy so I think he will help us a lot this season & he will play a big role in our success.
Forza Iaquinta

Sep 19, 2006
He had pace because there were spaces to run into. He cannot control the ball cos his first touch is shite.

He overhit his crosses and the chances he got and they were a couple he did not make good use of them.

Comparing his contribution to what Inzaghi and Dp had to cope with is unfair as France have a far better defence and unlike Ukraine, France did not come out to play so it was extremely difficult for Inzaghi to do anything with Thuram, Escude and Abidal watching his every move.

In the 2 games, Italy played better against France and because they did not win people are acting like they were utter shite cos they were not, they were far worse against an inferior opposition in Ukraine.

I know its impossible to tell but I cannot see Di natale and Iaquinta causing any problems whatsoever to the |France team, the way they played and Inzaghi would surely have carved out chances against Ukraine.

My analysis is not based on results as I am not a result obsessed person. I am not 1 of those people especially reporters that go overboard depending on whether a team won or lost

I dont know why people went overboard as regards Inzaghi, France have 1 of the if not the meanest defendign unit in world football and its very difficult to score against them and for a striker, its a thankless task, not alone playing there by yourself.

The only Italian striker, I would play before Inzaghi is Toni becos as far as I am concerned he is superior to Lucarelli, Gilardino, Iaquinta and the other number 9s in Italy unless Vieri starts to take football seriously again
I am not a person who judje on results at all.

first of all,I think Inzagui will be useless if he doesnt have players like (Kaka_Seedorf or even Totti) behind him,he needs a playmaker or 9.5 player,like Iaquinta Inzagui has 0 skills,but he too is a lucky player & his biggest strengh is knowing where & when to stand infront of the goal.

As for Dp,he is my favourite player of all time,that said I've been criticizing him from the biginnig of the season,we all know that he lacks speed & that he is not that strong on the ball anymore,he could be outmuscled easily but he is the most talented player in Italy's squad.
My problem with him is not being slow,it is Playing slow,the first 2 matches wiht Juve & the match of France,he always played slowly,he should comrimise his low speed by playin fast & dribbling only when he needs to but right now,every sec. he touches the ball he keeps it & slows the whole attack so he needs to speed up his play or he will lose his starting place in both Italy & Juve.

As for Iaquinta I said what I think about him in Andy's post.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Donadoni: Del Piero Was Not Dropped

Italy Coach Roberto Donadoni has denied that Alessandro Del Piero was discarded from Italy’s starting line-up against the Ukraine because of his poor performance against France.

The Juventus striker started the Euro 2008 qualifier at San Siro on Saturday but put in a very disappointing performance by his standards. In the subsequent match with Ukraine on Wednesday evening Del Piero was not even named among the Italy substitutes as Donadoni opted for Vincenzo Iaquinta and Antonio Di Natale up front.

“Del Piero out of the Ukraine game? He was not dropped. Alex gave a lot in the game against France and I needed fresh resources. Unfortunately, in these occasions one has to make painful decisions,” Donadoni explained.

The former Livorno boss also offered his opinion on Scotland’s shock 1-0 victory over France in Paris, a result that means Italy may now have to win all three of their remaining qualifiers to book their place at Euro 2008.

“Scotland’s victory over France changes nothing. We are all there in a balanced group,” Donadoni stated. “We will see who goes through in the end. For now all we are concerned about is the game with Georgia.”

Georgia are Italy’s next Group B opponents on October 13. The Azzurri will once again have to contend with problems in defence as Fabio Cannavaro is suspended and Marco Materazzi is unlikely to be back from injury.

goal.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well then label me nonsensical, but I have seen Iaquinta play countless times and I have never seen anything (at all) special about the guy. For a club like Juventus and a country such as Italy, Iaquinta has really stepped past his play-grade - and pay-grade in my opinion. We're not talking about Del Piero here... we're talking about a player who has far less skill, less experiance and a price tag at Udinese that was outrageous.
I don't know what it is about Iaquinta that is good, but something has to be, because the guy has always performed. Sure, he doesn't know how to play football, but he scored two goals on his debut for Juventus and gave an assist. And all that with only one good touch really.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Iaquinta isnt great to watch i think.Thats why he isnt appreciated as much.Like Seven said,he does get the job done.He isnt as sublime as someone like Del Piero or Pirlo,but he'll do what you tell him to do.Though it wont be done in style.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,048
    turk dont leave i like ur views. all other clubs do suck. and i hate how people on this forum always talk about barca players being the best and how we should sign them.
    fuck barca fuck henry fuck fagadinho fuck messi fuck etoo i dont ever want to see any of them at juve

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,049
    He had pace because there were spaces to run into. He cannot control the ball cos his first touch is shite.

He overhit his crosses and the chances he got and they were a couple he did not make good use of them.

Comparing his contribution to what Inzaghi and Dp had to cope with is unfair as France have a far better defence and unlike Ukraine, France did not come out to play so it was extremely difficult for Inzaghi to do anything with Thuram, Escude and Abidal watching his every move.

In the 2 games, Italy played better against France and because they did not win people are acting like they were utter shite cos they were not, they were far worse against an inferior opposition in Ukraine.

I know its impossible to tell but I cannot see Di natale and Iaquinta causing any problems whatsoever to the |France team, the way they played and Inzaghi would surely have carved out chances against Ukraine.

My analysis is not based on results as I am not a result obsessed person. I am not 1 of those people especially reporters that go overboard depending on whether a team won or lost

I dont know why people went overboard as regards Inzaghi, France have 1 of the if not the meanest defendign unit in world football and its very difficult to score against them and for a striker, its a thankless task, not alone playing there by yourself.

The only Italian striker, I would play before Inzaghi is Toni becos as far as I am concerned he is superior to Lucarelli, Gilardino, Iaquinta and the other number 9s in Italy unless Vieri starts to take football seriously again
    i agree with you 100%

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,050
    I don't know what it is about Iaquinta that is good, but something has to be, because the guy has always performed. Sure, he doesn't know how to play football, but he scored two goals on his debut for Juventus and gave an assist. And all that with only one good touch really.
    did u see his two goals? he scored a pk and nedved shot a ball that bounced off his ass. how is that good? if i had a pk and a nedved to shoot balls off my ass i could have scored those.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I am not a person who judje on results at all.

first of all,I think Inzagui will be useless if he doesnt have players like (Kaka_Seedorf or even Totti) behind him,he needs a playmaker or 9.5 player,like Iaquinta Inzagui has 0 skills,but he too is a lucky player & his biggest strengh is knowing where & when to stand infront of the goal.

As for Dp,he is my favourite player of all time,that said I've been criticizing him from the biginnig of the season,we all know that he lacks speed & that he is not that strong on the ball anymore,he could be outmuscled easily but he is the most talented player in Italy's squad.
    My problem with him is not being slow,it is Playing slow,the first 2 matches wiht Juve & the match of France,he always played slowly,he should comrimise his low speed by playin fast & dribbling only when he needs to but right now,every sec. he touches the ball he keeps it & slows the whole attack so he needs to speed up his play or he will lose his starting place in both Italy & Juve.

As for Iaquinta I said what I think about him in Andy's post.
    Does this mean that Trez and Iaquinta and other players are useless as well cos they sure as hell would never create any goals.

Did you know that Inzaghi is the 1 of the if not the highest ever goal scorer in European football when you count what he has scored in UEfa and Cl?

He is Italy highest scorer in European football

For the NT he has scored 26 goals in 57 appearances or something of that nature.

How can you call the guy useless because he does not don the black and white?

Unlike Trez he never lets defenders any peace in 90 minutes.

In a world cup final I would count on Inzaghi to score the winning goal over any striker in Italy because is strenght is that he never lets being caught offside or missing a million chances bother him.

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
    Does this mean that Trez and Iaquinta and other players are useless as well cos they sure as hell would never create any goals.

Did you know that Inzaghi is the 1 of the if not the highest ever goal scorer in European football when you count what he has scored in UEfa and Cl?

For the NT he has scored 26 goals in 57 appearances or something of that nature.

In a world cup final I would count on Inzaghi to score the winning goal over any striker in Italy because is strenght is that he never lets being caught offside or missing a million chances bother him.
    That's how it is. I don't like Pippo that much because he loves to dive and stuff, but he sure is kinda useful. (+rep)

Sep 19, 2006

OMG!
    did u see what u did here??

U only took the first 3 words of my sentence & wrote all this without even reading the rest of the sentence.

I never said Inzagui is a Useless player.
    All I said is that Inzagui doesnt create chances so he would be useless if he doesnt have a player who can creat chances for him behind him.
    Inzagui is with no doubt the Nbre 1 striker in the Milan squad especially in the Do or Die matches but in Milan,it is whole different style of play than that of Italy.

I dont need u to tell me whats inzagui is all about,I've been watching him for almost 10 years now & I admire him a lot.

& that part with Black & White shit really made me lauph,unfortunatly I though u were better than this.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    OMG!
    did u see what u did here??

U only took the first 3 words of my sentence & wrote all this without even reading the rest of the sentence.

I never said Inzagui is a Useless player.
    All I said is that Inzagui doesnt create chances so he would be useless if he doesnt have a player who can creat chances for him behind him.
    Inzagui is with no doubt the Nbre 1 striker in the Milan squad especially in the Do or Die matches but in Milan,it is whole different style of play than that of Italy.

I dont need u to tell me whats inzagui is all about,I've been watching him for almost 10 years now & I admire him a lot.

& that part with Black & White shit really made me lauph,unfortunatly I though u were better than this.
    You said Inzaghi was useless then you tried to quatify it by saying he is useless without creative players behind him.

You tried to tell us that Iaquinta played a good game when he didnt and thats why I said because Inzaghi is not a Juve player you are trying to belittle him

Whats that all about?

Loads of strikers are useless without creative players behind them so whats the point in bringing that up

Doesn't Gilardino nad didnt Olivera have the same players behind them for Milan? How come they dont score as many crucial goals?

When Inzaghi was scoring all those goals for Italy did he always have Totti playing with him?

Inzaghi played in Euro 2000 scoring 2 goals and for some reason he was ignored against France in the final

If he had those 2 chances like Dp did he would have buried them

In the world cup how many chances was he given and he scored against Czech republic

Against France last week he even hit the bar with the only chance he had

I dont what point you were tryint to make but my point was and is noone in his right mind should ever pick Iaquinta over Inzaghi and also Iaquinta did jusrt as badly against Ukraine as Inzaghi did against France, the diffrence being Italy won the Ukraine match so his performance was not scrutinised

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #1,058
    You said Inzaghi was useless then you tried to quatify it by saying he is useless without creative players behind him.

You tried to tell us that Iaquinta played a good game when he didnt and thats why I said because Inzaghi is not a Juve player you are trying to belittle him

Whats that all about?

Loads of strikers are useless without creative players behind them so whats the point in bringing that up

Doesn't Gilardino nad didnt Olivera have the same players behind them for Milan? How come they dont score as many crucial goals?

When Inzaghi was scoring all those goals for Italy did he always have Totti playing with him?

Inzaghi played in Euro 2000 scoring 2 goals and for some reason he was ignored against France in the final

If he had those 2 chances like Dp did he would have buried them

In the world cup how many chances was he given and he scored against Czech republic

Against France last week he even hit the bar with the only chance he had

I dont what point you were tryint to make but my point was and is noone in his right mind should ever pick Iaquinta over Inzaghi and also Iaquinta did jusrt as badly against Ukraine as Inzaghi did against France, the diffrence being Italy won the Ukraine match so his performance was not scrutinised
    thats right inzaghi is way underrated. also id choose him over iaquinta anyday

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Del Piero sets Donadoni ultimatum

Alessandro Del Piero has warned Roberto Donadoni that he will never again accept a midfield role for Italy.

The support striker was fielded out wide on the left in the disappointing 0-0 draw with France and sent to the stands for the next Euro 2008 qualifier in Ukraine.

“I accepted playing in a different role from my own and I take the responsibility for my performance. But that was definitely the last time,” warned Alex on Sky Italia.

“I spoke to Donadoni about this. It is right that I am used in my position, where I can be decisive, where I have scored goals and where I have done well.”

That was not the first time Del Piero has found himself pushed out wide for the Nazionale and with Francesco Totti now retired from the international scene, he feels it is time he was allowed to take centre stage.

“I really care about the Nazionale. I would like to see out this era and go to the European Championships,” assured the Juventus captain.

“What I am saying is not a threat, it is a statement of fact. As a forward I can do certain things, but I can’t as a midfielder. Players like Antonio Di Natale, who play that role habitually and probably do it better, are there for that.

“Donadoni has the option of using me as a striker, if he thinks it is opportune to do so. If he doesn’t, then he won’t.”

Del Piero will turn 33 in November and is reconsidering his future at both international and club level, particularly his contract renewal at Juventus.

“There are some meetings planned, dates in which we will talk, so the climate is not stormy – not from me and not from the club.

“There is the intelligence of the people involved that allows us to discuss our points of view that at this moment are certainly different, but we hope they will come together.”

channel 4

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)