Official Azzurri (Italy) Euro 2008 Qualifier thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
Nooooooooo.... :cry:

I just felt I have to give some spice to this thread....It turned out to be alright, no?

I promise I will behave :D (if I don´t see any bad comments about French NT).....
donadoni is the spice of this thread it doesnt need ur spice, but if u promise to behave we might have a chance
:heart: sorry rami:cry: :D

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Captain Canna defends Don Monday 26 March, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Cannavaro believes that Roberto Donadoni is doing well at the helm of the Nazionale. “Only a saint could Coach this team.”

According to the latest reports the tactician could be axed if the Azzurri were to lose the next match with Scotland.

Italy are in desperate need of points if they hope to qualify for the 2008 European Championship, but Cannavaro has no doubts in supporting the under-fire Coach.

“We would need a saint at the helm of this team,” grinned the World Cup winning captain.

“Donadoni is fine where he is and it isn’t true that he has no personality,” added the Real Madrid defender.

“I can tell you that he has increased the strength of the World Cup winning squad. It is logical that it is hard to live up to Marcello Lippi’s fame.

“The match with Scotland is decisive, we are all concentrated and ready for this event. The most determined player is probably Antonio Di Natale,” concluded Cannavaro.

In the meantime, Gianluigi Buffon has not recovered completely from the gastroenteritis, which debilitated him over the last few days.

That worry, plus the withdrawl of fellow 'keeper Marco Amelia with a knee injury, has seen Donadoni call-up Morgan De Sanctis of Udinese as a precautionary measure.

The Bianconero will join the rest of the squad on Monday evening before the trip to Bari’s Stadio San Nicola.

channel4

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
And..
Gattuso confident of Italy win Monday 26 March, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gennaro Gattuso is confident that Italy will beat Scotland in their Euro 2008 qualifying clash on Wednesday.

The Azzurri need to win the upcoming tie in Bari if they want to keep their qualifying hopes alive, but the Milan midfielder is sure that Italy can do well despite the strength of their opponents.

“I am sure they will have the same attitude showed by Celtic when they faced us in the Champions League,” said Gattuso.

“They will try to earn at least one point, but in any case it is better to face them rather than France or England,” added the Rossonero.

“We will need some luck, as the Scots had on Saturday against Georgia. We are mainly missing the two points dropped at home with Lithuania, but we can win.

“As to the other sides, I believe that Ukraine must not be underestimated, there will be four teams fighting for the qualification spots in this group.”

Gattuso also dismissed the latest reports suggesting that Roberto Donadoni might be replaced by Carlo Ancelotti in the summer if they were to not win their next match.

“Donadoni is a good Coach and knows his job. I understand the critics, our position in the table isn’t that good, but we can win on Wednesday and change things.

“Ancelotti is contracted until 2008, he isn’t an idiot and he would never want to take Donadoni’s place. He respects the current Coach very much, they also played together for many years,” concluded Rino.

channel 4

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006

I just felt I have to give some spice to this thread....It turned out to be alright, no?

I promise I will behave :D (if I don´t see any bad comments about French NT).....
Sorry mark, I can't promise you.

@Christina, keep on the nice work. :pint:

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
So, after those changes done by Donadoni, who are exactly the call-ups for the Scotland match?
Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis(Udinese), Abbiati (Torino)

Defenders: Barzagli (Palermo), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Materazzi (Inter), Oddo (Milan), Tonetto (Roma), Zambrotta (Barcelona)

Midfielders: Ambrosini (Milan), Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Mauri (Lazio), Perrotta (Roma), Pirlo (Milan)

Forwards: Toni (Fiorentina), Gilardino (Milan), Di Natale (Udinese), Del Piero (Juventus), Rocchi (Lazio), Quagliarella (Sampdoria)

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis(Udinese), Abbiati (Torino)

Defenders: Barzagli (Palermo), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Materazzi (Inter), Oddo (Milan), Tonetto (Roma), Zambrotta (Barcelona)

Midfielders: Ambrosini (Milan), Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Mauri (Lazio), Perrotta (Roma), Pirlo (Milan)

Forwards: Toni (Fiorentina), Gilardino (Milan), Di Natale (Udinese), Del Piero (Juventus), Rocchi (Lazio), Quagliarella (Sampdoria)
Nice to see De Sanctis in the squad again, I rate him highly. I also hope that Quagliarella gets some playing time. At least that is one positive thing you can say about Donadoni: He tries different players and does not necessarily hold on to his or the country's favourite players, whose performances are not that good anymore like Inzaghi for example.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Scotland 1 - 0 France :weee:

Does that count?

1 Scotland 5 4 0 1 11 4 7 12
2 France 5 4 0 1 12 2 10 12
3 Ukraine 4 3 0 1 7 4 3 9
4 Italy 4 2 1 1 7 5 2 7
5 Lithuania 4 1 1 2 3 4 -1 4
6 Georgia 5 1 0 4 10 11 -1 3
7 Faroe Islands 5 0 0 5 0 20 -20 0

How about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)