Official Application for Moderator (74 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2004
I think that you would probably make as good a "mod" as the next person, but that is with the "skill" that is required. As for being a good "mod" in the sense of being able to provide help and direction in a way that does not come down to personal attacks, and urine bombs :howler: . That is the only thing that leaves me troubled.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
Nick as mod?

Would the Anti-American and Anti-English crap continue? Isnt that what cost this forum Sergio (almost), Vicky and River?

In saying that I would have no particular reason to choose Nick. Sergio or Vinman would be equally as good, Nicks just the only one who can be bothered.

Anyways its not going to happen so end this. Martin wont even give us a bigger avatar, you think he's going to do this? Fat chance :D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Ian…I don’t think racist remarks can be « warranted » any way you « roll the dice ». Personally I can’t foresee a situation where one is justified to throw racial remarks so I’m not too sure what you imply when you say I brought it upon myself. Maybe you can explain how one brings that upon themselves.
I honestly don't know the actual incident you are referring to, but that does not change what I said,

OP
IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #266
    ++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

I honestly don't know the actual incident you are referring to, but that does not change what I said,
    actually it SHOULD because in my initial post which you responded to (i.e. what you said) I was speaking about remarks/attacks made on me...to which you said I brought it on myself.
    The remarks I was refering to include being refered to as "Sal" (for my Italian background) -Il Duce and a fascist. The best part was that these comments were made in the midst of a debate on football/soccer. I don’t think anything could justify calling an African American “uncle tom” a German “Hitler” or a Middle Eastern person “Bin Laden” no matter how blunt/aggressive/tactless the individual is being.

Jul 12, 2002
    actually it SHOULD because in my initial post which you responded to (i.e. what you said) I was speaking about remarks/attacks made on me...to which you said I brought it on myself.
    The remarks I was refering to include being refered to as "Sal" (for my Italian background) -Il Duce and a fascist. The best part was that these comments were made in the midst of a debate on football/soccer. I don’t think anything could justify calling an African American “uncle tom” a German “Hitler” or a Middle Eastern person “Bin Laden” no matter how blunt/aggressive/tactless the individual is being.
    That's true, but that doesn't allow you do respond in the manner that you do. I'm not trying to excuse other people's foolish actions, but at the same time, you can't excuse you're own tactlessness and aggression.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
    Nick as mod?

Would the Anti-American and Anti-English crap continue? Isnt that what cost this forum Sergio (almost), Vicky and River?
    Yeah, well it just costed another member here, Vinni, and its about to lose some more.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Yeah, well it just costed another member here, Vinni, and its about to lose some more.
    I don't think that Vinman left because of anti-american sentiments, but rather because of anti-vinni sentiments. I personally don't feel for him at all. If he wants to leave, that's his choice, but if he wanted stay then he should stay. To leave because you feel threatened or attacked it weak, in my mind.

OP
    IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #270

That's true, but that doesn't allow you do respond in the manner that you do. I'm not trying to excuse other people's foolish actions, but at the same time, you can't excuse you're own tactlessness and aggression.
    are you kidding??

one invidivual using a racial slur does not warrant aggresive responses? What the hell does then?

OP
    IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #271

I don't think that Vinman left because of anti-american sentiments, but rather because of anti-vinni sentiments. I personally don't feel for him at all. If he wants to leave, that's his choice, but if he wanted stay then he should stay. To leave because you feel threatened or attacked it weak, in my mind.
    I would not label Paul and Vinman as weak...I think just logical i.e. When the cons outweigh the pros its time to pack it up. In other words, THIS (or whats left of it) is not worth the bullsh*t one has to swallow when they post.

Jul 12, 2002
    are you kidding??

one invidivual using a racial slur does not warrant aggresive responses? What the hell does then?
    What I'm saying is that there is nothing that warrants an aggressive response, in the way that you make them.

Jul 12, 2002
    I would not label Paul and Vinman as weak...I think just logical i.e. When the cons outweigh the pros its time to pack it up. In other words, THIS (or whats left of it) is not worth the bullsh*t one has to swallow when they post.
    I'm not labelling either of them weak, I don't know for sure why either of them left. But, I do know that this forum is what you make of it. It's not hard to get your opinions out there and have good discussions without people throwing hissy fits and running away and whining about this or that. It just requires a little understanding, patience, and tact.

OP
    IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #276
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
    are you saying you have insomnia?:confused:
    Ever since I moved to Italy from the U.S.

At this point a University in Rome (where my doctor teaches) has asked if they could make a case study of my condition.

OP
    IncuboRossonero

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
    Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #278
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
    jesus. damn im sorry nick. i really am..:frown:
    don't be...people are getting killed by giant waves...by flesh eating diseases and getting ploughed down on interstate's....I just have trouble getting some zzzzz's which explains my presence in this fine establishment :D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004

don't be...people are getting killed by giant waves...by flesh eating diseases and getting ploughed down on interstate's....I just have trouble getting some zzzzz's which explains my presence in this fine establishment :D
    I have the opposite. I sleep to much, but no one feels sorry for me :down: :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)