Official album review thread (1 Viewer)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Good review :tup: Dirt is one of my favourite albums ever. Alice in Chain's EP Jar of Flies sits great beside it as the best work from an amazing band.
I'd say Dirt is definitely the best, though I dont think I could pick whether I like Facelift or Dirt more.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Muse always sucked cock big time. Same with Radiohead and all those massively overrated shithouse bands for trend hoppers.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
The best thing about Muse is how unintentionally funny they are. They had an incredibly pretentious interview in the Guardian a couple of days ago.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Muse always sucked cock big time. Same with Radiohead and all those massively overrated shithouse bands for trend hoppers.
Some of their bass-lines are pure ass-kickers, Origin of Symmetry is a really nice album. I agree with Curr about the funny part, like when the song about protecting his new-born child suddenly turns into dance pop-song, that's one of the biggest wtf moments in the new album.
Thom Yorke is genius :stuckup:

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Those bands fucking suck, all the people I know that like them are trend hoppers. Radiohead in my opinion is the most overrated band ever.

'Hey let's just be popular and put some dubstep on our rock album to be 'ambitious' and 'inventive' or whatever bullshit words they want to use to try and hide the fact they are conforming to trends.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Those bands fucking suck, all the people I know that like them are trend hoppers. Radiohead in my opinion is the most overrated band ever.

'Hey let's just be popular and put some dubstep on our rock album to be 'ambitious' and 'inventive' or whatever bullshit words they want to use to try and hide the fact they are conforming to trends.
:sergoi:

I'm no fan of Radiohead, but god - you're such a teenager :D

Oct 3, 2004
It's just a matter of taste I guess.

I'm used to Radiohead. big fan since, the 90s.

Yeah so their processed beats sound like processed farts. Whatever, their music takes me somewhere far away. :weee: :spliff: :burke: ...if you know what I mean :p

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Survival makes a lot more sense in the context of The 2nd Law, an album which encompasses the global economic crisis, peak oil theory, food security, evolution, the taxation proposals of 19th-century economist Henry George and the concept of the "stress nexus". "It's talking about the second law of thermodynamics and how, as a limited ecosystem, we are on the verge of needing an energy revolution in order to sustain the way that we're living," says Bellamy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/sep/30/muse-2nd-law-tour-interview

:sergio:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I kinda like Mumford and Sons new album Babel, I'll try to give it a proper review sometime this week, gotta listen to it a few more times. Glad that the fall is finally here, always plenty of new albums, Stereophonics will also release a single or two this month after 3 years of complete silence, it's been a long wait.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
god damn hipsters, radiohead, muse, mumford & sons. I'd rather listen to recorded farts than that.

Give me new Soundgarden & The Sword albums pls.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
god damn hipsters, radiohead, muse, mumford & sons. I'd rather listen to recorded farts than that.

Give me new Soundgarden & The Sword albums pls.
I think we kinda get it that you hate everything that doesn't have two electric guitars in it, no need to be so repetitive :D I'm interested in Soundgardens new album as well, Chris hasn't had a good record since Carry On in 2007, Scream was ... and Songbook was more of a recorded concert than a new album.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I think we kinda get it that you hate everything that doesn't have two electric guitars in it, no need to be so repetitive :D I'm interested in Soundgardens new album as well, Chris hasn't had a good record since Carry On in 2007, Scream was ... and Songbook was more of a recorded concert than a new album.
No...I love electronic i.e. techno, house etc and hip-hop amongst other things.

Soundgarden's album will be great.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I can't stand Mumford and Sons. They need to stop recording that same song over and over again.
They got pretty deep lyrics (heard that they're ripping off Shakespear quite a lot) and nice melodies, also think they're excellent at making slow building angry/negative songs like I Gave You All, Broken Crown, Dust Bowl Dance or Thistle and Weeds. Their more popular faster paced songs that get played a lot at places are annoying, I agree there :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)