Offensive problems (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Here is what we can expect to happen this year-

DP and Trez will no doubt get injured, and most likely, it will be at around the same time (with our luck!!)

This will leave Zlatan and Zalayeta to be our starters. I have little faith in Zalayeta, and could see our offense produce few goals.

We have no 5th striker, so getting rid of Miccoli really makes no sense to me......................

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
With all dues respect Vinman (I'm unusually polite, because you're big enough to kick my ass ;) ), I dont think we have offensive problems, and even if we do, they can be solved pretty easily. We'll only have problems if Zlatan, Alex and Trez all get injured at the same time, which is possible, but unlikely.

If Trez and Alex do get injured at the same time, we could play just Zlatan up front, in a 4-2-3-1. Also, we could play Kapo or Olivera up front with him, ore we could even play a 4-5-1 with 2 playmakers. We dont have to play 2 strikers every match.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
With all dues respect Vinman (I'm unusually polite, because you're big enough to kick my ass ;) ), I dont think we have offensive problems, and even if we do, they can be solved pretty easily. We'll only have problems if Zlatan, Alex and Trez all get injured at the same time, which is possible, but unlikely.

If Trez and Alex do get injured at the same time, we could play just Zlatan up front, in a 4-2-3-1. Also, we could play Kapo or Olivera up front with him, ore we could even play a 4-5-1 with 2 playmakers. We dont have to play 2 strikers every match.
BUT we wouldn't play with pure strikers up front anymore. So Vinman has got a point.

OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #6
    I hope you guys are right, but I dont see Kapo or Olivera as strikers

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Zlatan is a striker. If needed he wouldnt come back for the ball and he'd do the same thing Trez does.

BTW, Olivera and kapo would be support strikres, like Del Piero. Kaka isnt a "real" striker either, but he can still score plenty of goals.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
    May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    I hope you guys are right, but I dont see Kapo or Olivera as strikers
    lets say dp and trez are out.. LOOK

this... 4-3-2-1

-------------Buffon
    --------Thuram-Cannavaro
    Zebina------------------Zambrotta

-----Blasi----Emerson---Appiah

-------Olivera-----Nedved
    -------------Zlatan

SEEeeeeeeeeeee this is NICE!!! believe moi...!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    4-2-3-1

----------------Zlatan--------------

------Zambrotta Nedved Olivera-----

-----------Blasi Emerson---------

Birindelli Thuram Cannavaro Zebina

------------Buffon---------------

4-4-2

----------------------Zlatan--------------
    --------------Kapo----------------------------

---------------Nedved--------------------

----------Blasi --- Emerson -- Olivera

Zambrotta Thuram Cannavaro Birindelli

--------------Buffon----------------

3-6-1

----------------Zlatan---------------

------------Nedved Kapo------------

Zambrotta - Blasi - Emerson - Olivera

-----Tudor Cannavaro Thuram------

-----------------Buffon--------------

The possibilities are endless.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    He isn't and that's exactly what worries me. But I believe we could turn him into a great goalscorer.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    No, but he could be.
    I hope so but from what ive seen of him he hasnt never really seemed a natural goalscorer, and although that will be ok when Trez is around or Del Piero is hitting goals that could be a major problem should they have injuries and you are relying on Zlatan.

Great signing non-the less though, just wouldnt be expecting him to score that many goals.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Vinman is right. But Olivera and Nedved would be our only offensive alternatives, not Kapo. As it stands now, our first choice forwards better be prepared to play the full 90 minutes. Zalayeta, get ready to be the next Serie A star :eek:

River

Jun 15, 2004
    I expect him to be able to score 20+ in all competitions.
    If he hasnt scored that many in holland why would he score that many in Italy? All successful goalscorers that come from there, do so having ripped the place apart. But yeah he could, i dont really know him that well

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

If he hasnt scored that many in holland why would he score that many in Italy? All successful goalscorers that come from there, do so having ripped the place apart. But yeah he could, i dont really know him that well

coz he has nedved, zambo, camo, oliviera, emmerson, and DP delivering

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)