Offensive problems (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Here is what we can expect to happen this year-

DP and Trez will no doubt get injured, and most likely, it will be at around the same time (with our luck!!)

This will leave Zlatan and Zalayeta to be our starters. I have little faith in Zalayeta, and could see our offense produce few goals.

We have no 5th striker, so getting rid of Miccoli really makes no sense to me......................
i said it from the start we need another 2 strikers since dp is not a striker and he and trez always injured and ofcourse zalayeta is not always scoring just one goal in every 50 games:D

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

i said it from the start we need another 2 strikers since dp is not a striker and he and trez always injured and ofcourse zalayeta is not always scoring just one goal in every 50 games :D

hmmm sins when did zala play 50games for us..?

he scores the most times when he get the chance to play..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

hmmm sins when did zala play 50games for us..?

he scores the most times when he get the chance to play..
I'm with you on this one. Zala isn't world-class, we know that, but he's hardworking, doesn't complain about sitting on the bench, and most importantly he is IMO a decent player. Obviously he isn't someone that you want to have to rely on for a sustained period of time, but he can be useful. Given the fact that we have Olivera and Kapo who can play as support strikers I don't think we need to spend big on Cassano or Morientes. Just bring back Sculli or loan someone.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Don't fool urself guys, we don't have many top-class strikers. U call DP in his current form a top-class Striker? Or Zlayeta? No, we only have the not yet adapted Ibra and the Injured Trez. But what we lack is a strong offensive line, we don't have Milan's Shevchenko or Inter's Adriano, nor Arsenal's Thierry Henry.

Nedved gave strong words when he said Ibra is better than Adriano, we'll see by mid-season. But we really need to sign somebody to sub Trez, and DP (who is injury prone).

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
This is the result of selling two strikers and buying one

What would have happened if Juve kept Miccoli?? They said they sold him for financial problems, but now they will have to play with no strikers and they will have to buy a new one in January.

This time Moggi failed the test

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
miccoli should never have gone.now we're just waiting to sell his other half(he's never coming back) and i don't know if we can replace a talent like him.

OP
Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #134
    (As I stomp my feet, and wave my hands in despair)

I KNEW IT...I KNEW IT....I KNEW IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    The club says Miccoli and Di Vaio wanted to move. So what? The club should say "No" once in a while. Shut up Miccoli, we pay your wages, now sit down, and wait for your turn. Who is the boss these days?

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #136
    ++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
    The club says Miccoli and Di Vaio wanted to move. So what? The club should say "No" once in a while. Shut up Miccoli, we pay your wages, now sit down, and wait for your turn. Who is the boss these days?
    You're right Pado....

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, I can't blame moggi for tryin to buy ssomeone like Zlatan an sacrificing miccoli. I never really understood why they all left except for the fact that Juve will always grant DP the numero uno position..
    Guess we're in for it now, hope Kapo or Oliviera can fill the forward positions, doesn't look like we'll be buying anybody.

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
    without DP and Trez, i think capello must change the formation a little bit.....kapo and olivera are better in midfield position IMO.
    4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 is not a bad idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)