Nedved - Mutu

Trezeguet

or

Buffon

Zebina - Thuram - Legrottaglie

Zambrotta - Emerson - Tacchinardi - Jankulovski

Nedved - Del Piero

Trezeguet

For some reason I doubt that Capello will use both Del Piero and Mutu at the same time, unless Trezeguet is injured or subbed.

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Bianconeri increase Oddo bid

Massimo Oddo looks set to join Juventus over the next week, while Igor Tudor is heading towards the Premiership.

Newspapers have long been linking the Lazio fullback with the Bianconeri, but so far the deal has been on the back burner.

However, it’s believed that recent friendly outings have pushed Juve to make a firm bid for the 28-year-old defender.

Oddo would be available for £2m cash plus a player, who is likely to be either Mark Iuliano or Alessandro Birindelli.

Lazio are keen on taking Under-21 international Giorgio Chiellini instead, but the ex-Livorno player is also wanted by Udinese as part of their deal for Marek Jankulovski.

Meanwhile, there are more changes afoot in the Juventus defence with rumours that Igor Tudor has chosen his next club.

The Croatian, who can also play in midfield, is sought after in the Premiership and reportedly has an agreement in place with Tottenham. However, the two clubs have not yet worked out the terms of this move.

Alex

May 1, 2004
Is Oddo as good as everyone makes him out to be? I personally have seen very little- please fill me in.

Besides isn't he 28, i thought we would go for a younger defender.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Is Oddo as good as everyone makes him out to be? I personally have seen very little- please fill me in.

Besides isn't he 28, i thought we would go for a younger defender.
Well, Oddo's an adventurous right back who loves to go forward. He's pacey and has a great cross, and though he prefers to attack, he's not that bad a defender either. If it comes down to him or Bonera I'd definitely choose the former, but having Oddo and Zambrotta as full backs could be dangerous as both of them love to go forward which could leave the centre backs exposed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)