Now THIS would not happen in Belgium, Turk. (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
''Tanlay reportedly told Hürriyet that Belgium wants to sweep the matter under the carpet,
Tanlay's an ass. We're giving people a fair trial here. The matter on which he commented was th Court of Appeal reopening the debates. The trial is still ongoing ffs.

adding that terrorism would strike the country and that only then would the people of Belgium understand what it is.''
Inch Allah or not doesn't change a thing. But that's not the point of this thread, let's leave it there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
not that i approve ambassador but Belgium government was wrong in that case. They have protected a subcontractor terrorist group. trial is ongoing but nothing has happened. Fehriye Erdal has escaped(!) from his imprisonment. now nobody knows where she is.

he isn't saying Insh'Allah, it will happen to Belgium btw

''Tanlay reportedly told Hürriyet that Belgium wants to sweep the matter under the carpet, adding that terrorism would strike the country and that only then would the people of Belgium understand what it is.''

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n....ish-ambassador-over-terror-remarks-2009-07-24
Say that to the wrong country and you could be easily listening to the sound of missiles the next night.

Jun 26, 2007
Turk, what the hell do you know about Belgian society besides what you've read in some half-assed articles? Looks like the narrow-mindedness you're accusing people of is something you yourself are guilty of in the first place.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Both sides are guilty of the same crime: generalizing.

Turk see's the ill treatment of one Turkish/Muslim immigrant in a European country and assumes there's some kind of a conspiracy against his people. While he totally ignores the millions of Muslims and Turkish people that are given haven in European countries. Not only that but live off their welfare and I've seen with my own two eyes what a significant part of them do for a living- nothing. While their kids run around and are up to know good. The first chance they get the complain about the 'white's' and how much injustice there is :disagree:

The other side, you have people (including on these forums) that think all Muslims are either terrorists or closet terrorists, believe in veiling their women (as if they are our property or something), beating women, believe in stoning, and the list goes on. The stereotypes come dime a dozen.

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #26
    Both sides are guilty of the same crime: generalizing.

Turk see's the ill treatment of one Turkish/Muslim immigrant in a European country and assumes there's some kind of a conspiracy against his people. While he totally ignores the millions of Muslims and Turkish people that are given haven in European countries. Not only that but live off their welfare and I've seen with my own two eyes what a significant part of them do for a living- nothing. While their kids run around and are up to know good. The first chance they get the complain about the 'white's' and how much injustice there is :disagree:

The other side, you have people (including on these forums) that think all Muslims are either terrorists or closet terrorists, believe in veiling their women (as if they are our property or something), beating women, believe in stoning, and the list goes on. The stereotypes come dime a dozen.
    In case you hadn't noticed, the thread is about an Afghan LAW. Not some shady muslim organisation.

As for the part about welfare: funnily enough I think Turks work very hard in Belgium. I have several Turkish friends, they all work. And through them I know other Turks who also all work. I agree with your general point though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)