Now Giraudo Under Investigation for False Practices! (2 Viewers)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
no offence ZAF3000,i appreciate the way ur defending juventus,but i think ur being blinded by your love for the club.we're not as clean as you might think.there has been too much uproar over the last weeks over scandals surrounding us,and where there's smoke there's fire.dont get me wrong,id love to see juventus coming out clean of it all and being cleared of all charges.but i cant see it happening.and its our own fault and we have to pay.regardless of whatever happens,i sincerley hope we come out of it stronger and greater than ever.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
oh lord...some ppl DESPERATLY want us dead....

but noone can kill us....
but even if they manage to do smg aganst us,we will support juventus no matter what....even to serie b....c......\9thought i don't even wanna think about it :wallbang: it hurts sooo much)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Boksic said:
I dont think that Juve will be relegated, in these situations it is usually the individual that gets punished not the club eg the doping scandal.
TBH, right or wrong, I don't think Lega Calcio can afford to punish Juve anyway. It would be shooting itself in the foot. Cutting off its right arm. It wouldn't be a suicidal act, but it would be on par with binge drinking and then getting in a car to drive home on the autostrada in a downpour.

Not that I think we should feel good about that at all. But the fact is that Italian football would screw itself if it allowed the whole club to tumble.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
swag said:
TBH, right or wrong, I don't think Lega Calcio can afford to punish Juve anyway. It would be shooting itself in the foot. Cutting off its right arm. It wouldn't be a suicidal act, but it would be on par with binge drinking and then getting in a car to drive home on the autostrada in a downpour.

Not that I think we should feel good about that at all. But the fact is that Italian football would screw itself if it allowed the whole club to tumble.
There are no obstacles in punishing only the people involved, and not the associations they represent. However, that might require taking this to court.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Below is a direct transcript of Antonio Giraudo's statement taken from his press conference at the Delle Alpi on Friday morning:

“Once again Juventus and it’s directors find themselves under the spotlight in a media case without precedent in football. I’ve read in the papers this morning that our silence is borne out of fear. Nothing could be further from the truth. In order to respond to what I’ve read in the papers in the last few days it would be proper on your part to note that in the most intense period of the hearing the Prosecuting Magistrate of Turin placed wire taps on our telephones the content of which – probably favourable to the defence – was never made available to our legal team and wasn’t included in the appeal that we have recently celebrated, but above all that the transcripts of those taps were distributed to the papers before those whom they concerned and their legal teams, almost a year on and with the end of the league in sight”

“Juventus responds today to what we have learnt exclusively in the press in the last few days because only today have we received part of the documents. It’s incredible that possible violations of the fundamental rights of the citizen are, in our country, so devoid of interest that nobody even cares about them. The appearance of which, on the contrary, we will take up with the appropriate authority”.

“The investigation by the Prosecuting Magistrate of Turin was concluded last summer after months of documental scrutiny and intercepted phone-calls, as well as interviews conducted with certain members of the club and others. Yesterday we submitted a request for all of the records and this is the statement that accompanied the end of the inquest. It is dated 29th September”

“Seeing that the recurrent words in the press yesterday and today have been 'ethics’ and 'moral’, I ask that the following behaviour be judged in the same way: we have read in the papers accusations, insinuations, defamatory comments and judgements about an investigation of which we were never informed. Is that correct? Is it ethical? Is it fair or unfair?”

“Two aspects are involved: one judicial and one sporting. With reference to the first, Marcello Maddalena, a rigorous and strict magistrate who is the Chief Prosecutor of Turin, requested that the case be dropped on the grounds that after objective analysis of the documentation, not only is there nothing to confirm the initial grounds for investigation, but on the contrary one can confirm that there is evidence to suggest the opposite, indicating an absence of irregularity and of any steering of the refereeing selection process by Pairetto. In his conclusion, moreover, he confirmed in writing that, after all the assessments had been carried out, there wasn’t even “the faintest hint” of anything that would lead to a continuation of the inquiry. This is the truth that emerges from the Prosecution’s documents”

“I believe that it’s fundamental that every citizen is respected. We weren’t given any respect in the seven long years of the trial, during which we were subjected to the most defamatory accusations from stadiums around the world, and neither are we today following an investigation that has been dropped and closed for months, and proved us to be completely clean”

“With regard to the second aspect, that of the sporting justice, we will wait for it to take it’s own course, but we are confident and know that the verdict will arrive in good time”

“The quotations that were taken from interviews and telephone conversations by Luciano Moggi, General Manager of Juventus, paint a distorted picture based in partial reality, creating a series of accusations with the sole intention of discrediting and damaging the name, history, achievements and image of Juventus. This management, of which Moggi is a fundamental pillar, have won a great deal, have sparked a huge amount of envy and have demonstrated that it is possible to combine economic efficiency with competitive sport. To supply to the papers a distorted and partial picture of what emerged from the documents of the Prosecution constitutes the umpteenth attempt to discredit the refereeing profession which doesn’t deserve this treatment and to bring into disrepute the legitimate pride of Juventus football club for the victories achieved by their team on the field. To extract pieces of a conversation and present them as indicative of our entire management represents an intellectually dishonest act and one that we will fight against”.

www.juventus.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)