Norberto Murara Neto (1 Viewer)

Numero Uno

Jun 18, 2012
thats the only thing gigi can not teach him...
Sure he can't...

What was the name of that guy who saved three penalties against Napoli in Super Coppa, saved another one in the last match of the season, and also saved our ass earlier last season by saving Denis penalty in Bergamo? I also heard that he had another penalty save just recently from our new player in Crotia.

Penalty Kick Save Percentage in Serie A Last Season:

Samir Handanovic: 66.7 - 6 Penalties faced, 2 Penalties allowed
Gianluigi Buffon: 60.0 - 5 Penalties faced, 2 Penalties allowed

OK.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Buffon will probably retire in 2018 after his last world cup, when he'll be already 40.

Neto is still young, would be in a prime position to get the vacancy at 28/29, an ideal age for a keeper, and if he's good he'll have the starting spot for a good 5/7 years. It's a long time.

So I like his decision, and I love his signing by Marotta. Very reliable backup, with good projection for the future.

- - - Updated - - -

But yes, he'll have to be very patient and be a backup for 3 years. Hopefully he will have what it takes to be OK with only playing in Coppa for 3 years.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Neto was a good opportunity because he was free and young and for most clubs is starting quality. We needed a younger keeper in case Buffon gets injured. When Buffon retires we will have seen Neto for a couple years and can determine if he is good enough. If he is not there are several young Italian keepers that seem to have bright futures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)