Nooooooooooo!!!!! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LaPrimaJuve ] ++

River, you got some good points there. But I feel that you don't understand why Becks is the Captain and always kept on the team. Marketing, simple marketing. For that same reason, Italy has been stuck with Vieri, Del Piero and Totti ALWAYS getting on the NT. If they can sell more tickets and shirts, then they will always get a spot. True, in Italy it's like this to a greater degree than in England. HOWEVER, with Lippi as coach, that won't happen until his replacement. Take a look at the call ups for Volpi and Toni. They never expected to get a shot. I see some serious NT ommisions and career ending blocks in the near future.

England has a multitude of players for every position and I believe you could easily find a replacement for Becks. Sven, he is simply a pawn for the FA, otherwise he would have been sacked a long time ago. Who do you think they could use as a replacement for him?

Rooney, he's special. He is definetely the future of England. Just make sure not to overwork him. You don't want him to end up being a vegetable of a footballer after 2 years of exhaustion.

Raise your hand if you think BECKHAM and TOTTI are overrated!!!
:rofl:
Didnt England drop Beckham for the first few games of the last world cup causing uproar through out the entire country? Its Sven whos chosing him, no one else. And no there isnt someone better to replace Becks. If you look at his last few international games he has been amazing in each.

Alex Ferguson is in charge of Rooney now, couldnt have a better manager to handle young stars IMO so im not particulary worried about someone burning him out.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
I find the way that English players are hyped completely insane. Beckham went to Real Madrid and has been outshone by all the other galacticos. Owen's reputation was at his best in 1998, since then he hasn't actually done anything or improved his status. Rooney has a superb shot but almost no technique or speed - he IS overrated and I think that in five years time he will be another has-been.

The list is endless, wasn't Dyer supposed to be the next Figo? Woodgate? Hargreaves? I like the English team as a whole, but because idiots who believe all the hypes and think that Rooney is the best striker in the world I always hope that they lose 7-0 to open people's eyes.

The Premiership has good players, but not as good as the Spanish and Italian leagues. The tactics are underdeveloped as well. English teams or NT will never win anything because they think that they have the best league in the world with the best players and that arrogance will onoly make the other teams try harder.

PS I HATE John Terry. He is as agile as a iceberg and will probably lose to the pope when it comes to 100m dash. It's like he's the secret English stereotype defender project developed in 1950. He probably needs to go to his Lazarus chamber every year to recharge his Lithium heart.

LaPrimaJuve

Sep 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
I find the way that English players are hyped completely insane. Beckham went to Real Madrid and has been outshone by all the other galacticos. Owen's reputation was at his best in 1998, since then he hasn't actually done anything or improved his status. Rooney has a superb shot but almost no technique or speed - he IS overrated and I think that in five years time he will be another has-been.

The list is endless, wasn't Dyer supposed to be the next Figo? Woodgate? Hargreaves? I like the English team as a whole, but because idiots who believe all the hypes and think that Rooney is the best striker in the world I always hope that they lose 7-0 to open people's eyes.

The Premiership has good players, but not as good as the Spanish and Italian leagues. The tactics are underdeveloped as well. English teams or NT will never win anything because they think that they have the best league in the world with the best players and that arrogance will onoly make the other teams try harder.

PS I HATE John Terry. He is as agile as a iceberg and will probably lose to the pope when it comes to 100m dash. It's like he's the secret English stereotype defender project developed in 1950. He probably needs to go to his Lazarus chamber every year to recharge his Lithium heart.
Gratze amico! I've always wanted to say that.
Stupid overrated Enbglish Premier League!!

:cheesy:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

I have to agree with the lot, except for the Terry part. He has shown great defensive displays in Europe for Chelsea, and looks like England's best defender.

But I do agree with your points on English players to a certain extent. If a country's best player and Captain is David Beckham, that shows a glarring weakness.

River

Jun 15, 2004
Beckham was easily one of the best players at Real up until he started having problems off the field.
Owen hasnt done anything? He is playing for Liverpool, and he has won trophies for them. Thats a bigger achievement than Del Piero scoring 9 penalties a season.

The list is endless, wasn't Dyer supposed to be the next Figo?
Sorry, but did you make that up?

Woodgate?
One of the best defenders around these days. And Woodgate was never hyped. Woodgate has had an amazingly hard time with the press infact.
Hargreaves?
Hargreaves got some attention for helping his team to the CL final. Whats wrong that? Again Hargreaves was never that hyped.

LOL. We think we have the best league in the world and the best players? Thats rediculous. Maybe some bandwagon fans think that, but how exactly is that going to affect our national team? And couldnt you say EXACTLY the same about the Azzurri? Infact isnt that Italys biggest problem? We've never had any problems with big ego players arguing over who gets the number 10 jersey, who should play, who shouldnt play for being from argentina, should we call up a past it old player who would get in the way (baggio), inform the entire world press that 'I wont go to the competition to sit on the bench' (Toldo and more). Need I go on?

John Terry is a great defender. You know what. You really dont have a clue what your talking about. Stick to topics you have an idea about in future :rolleyes:

And to Mr Oh Yeah I agree. Thats you Andy.

Dont the fabulous Italian team choose their captain on the most games he has played? What kind of way is THAT to choose a captain? So when you critise England choice to choose Beckham as captain you are being a hypcrite again, also you know nothing of how good a captain Beckham could be. I dont. No one does but the coaching staff and other players. Have you heard anyone in the entire team complain about Becks being captain? NO. Then he must be doing a good job. **** sake.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by LaPrimaJuve ] ++

Gratze amico! I've always wanted to say that.
Stupid overrated Enbglish Premier League!!

:cheesy:
Why didnt you say it then? Dont really know what to say without sounding like an idiot? Just generally hate the league because your friends like it and not the italian league?

THIS FORUM SUCKS. Atleast at xtratime for every hypocritical idiot there are a few people who are willing to be open minded on the subject and not just rant out the same bullshit over and over. Good friggin bye Juventuz.com.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well I have to admit the EPL most certainly is the most exciting league to watch... but English player can be overrated at times yes, just like Italians.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Despite beign a complete drama queen about this situation i do agree with a fair few of your points River. Majority of intelligent english football fans realise that our league is not superhuman and does have its weaknesses. Just because the Sun hypes up all our players doesn't mean we're all of that opinion.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Why didnt you say it then? Dont really know what to say without sounding like an idiot? Just generally hate the league because your friends like it and not the italian league?

THIS FORUM SUCKS. Atleast at xtratime for every hypocritical idiot there are a few people who are willing to be open minded on the subject and not just rant out the same bullshit over and over. Good friggin bye Juventuz.com.
"Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out"

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002

Rivs, and where is your famous:

People you talk to on the internet dont care about you and you dont care about them.You can also turn them off when you want to and use them when you need to. :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

Yeah exactly. Dont think this will affect my life. And now im turning it off ;)
Darn it! you're back! Already? I expected you to leave for at least a couple of days!

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Ouch Vit...
What? :confused:
She said she didnt care what people on the net say, so why is she angry now?

Besides: you cant care about all things people say. If I cared about all those negative things said about me, to me, about things I like - I would go away ages ago.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

What? :confused:
She said she didnt care what people on the net say, so why is she angry now?

Besides: you cant care about all things people say. If I cared about all those negative things said about me, to me, about things I like - I would go away ages ago.
I know what the post meant Vit :) ... I'm just testing her reactions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)