Nooooooooooo!!!!! (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Why why WHY???? didn't he quit, so close and yet so far! :down::down::down: So close to putting a good team back together without that clown and now all hope is lost. :down::down::down:

====

Totti almost quit Azzurri
Friday 1 October, 2004

Francesco Totti has revealed that he considered international retirement after his disastrous Euro 2004.

The No 10 was expected to lead Italy to the latter stages of the tournament but returned home in disgrace.

That after he was handed a four-match ban for spitting at a Danish player in the Azzurri’s opening game of the tournament.

It was that incident which he today claims nearly saw him end his love affair with La Nazionale.

"I’ve now forgotten about that situation," he told the Gazzetta dello Sport. "I know that I made a mistake but I didn’t do it on purpose. It was a spontaneous gesture, a reaction.

"For a while I did consider quitting the national side but then I realised that would have seen my critics win. Now I have a great desire to return."

The Roma ace also admitted that the pressure on him to deliver was a factor in his Portugal nightmare.

"The Championships had finally arrived and much was expected from Italy," he added. "We all had a desire to do well."

Totti has now archived the past and is just concentrating on the future with Marcello Lippi’s new outfit.

"The objective is Germany 2006," he exclaimed. "I hope to have a better World Cup than the European Championships – also because I didn’t really play at Euro 2004…

"I’ll look to end my Nazionale stint by having a great World Cup Finals tournament."

Totti is set to make his first step towards that aim next week as he is expected to feature in the qualifiers against Slovenia and Belarus.

The 28-year-old hasn’t played for Italy since the spitting incident as he missed the previous three internationals with suspension and then injury.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Face it Totti, is Italy's best player, okay he may of been a complete and utter idiot, who I could of repeatedly slapped, but we NEED him for Germany 2006!

Sep 28, 2002
how is he the best player? on personal basis, yes? on team, no by far. italy always have better results when they play without him.

martin, great reaction. :howler:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I rather replace him with another player.........

To me he's a disgrace.........even though he is skilled, but in terms of attitude, NO WAY!!!!!

Dec 27, 2003
I think we should get over the "dribbling" episode at Euro 2004. It is only in recent years (since WC 02) that Totti's contribution to the NT has been mostly negative, i.e. since he has been (unduly?)designated as the new messiah on which all expectations of glory rest. People tend to forget how Totti was without a doubt our best player at Euro 2000, scoring two goals and entertaining us with his great passing skills (he totally eclipsed Zidane in the final, despite the result) or his Panenka-like peno against Holland. Clearly Totti hasn't been able to cope with the international pressure after that, and clearly he has the intelligence and the humanity of a water melon, but the fact is that year in year out he has proven to be the best Italian player around with Roma. Unlike a guy like Del Piero, who has shown time and again that he is past it both at club AND international level. Totti's parabole resembles a lot that of Mancini, who was an exquisite player with Sampdoria but who, after a promising international debut at Euro 88, never managed to impose himself with the squadra, with Cassano playing the role of Baggio as the young talent surpassing his master. Will Totti's international career end up in the same fashion as Mancio's? Maybe. But until he keeps scoring his 20 odd goals a year with Roma and keeps asserting himself as one of the very finest "fuoriclasse" of the serie A, I say we should keep giving him a chance to illuminate the NT with his immense talent too.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
pity we can't force him into international retirement:groan:

well i guess it'll probably just take another red card to get him out of the azzuri for good.(on his own or otherwise.)

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
The 28-year-old hasn’t played for Italy since the spitting incident as he missed the previous three internationals with suspension and then injury.
TFOOOOOO :D:p

lool,spitting totti

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
but I must try to defend the best player in Italy, and arguably of all-time!

Totti is a very good person, who hasnt made a mistake before, okay he was a little bas*ard for doing that, but I've forgiven him, so can you!

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Man you had a one off with the Neville incident but I take back saying you're not funny, this one really kicks ass!!! :howler:

CuTe-17

Jun 17, 2003
    He's GoOD..and no one could say otherwise..

but a good player with no respect for other people..

tht's just plain stupidity...

tht's just my openion..!!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++

Totti is a very good person, who hasnt made a mistake before, okay he was a little bas*ard for doing that, but I've forgiven him, so can you!

Best player in italy of all-time?

:rofl: Please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)