Nonda To Roma For Cassano (4 Viewers)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
For the 1000th time: It makes NO sense to sell BOTH Del Piero and Trezeguet. Both have done a great job in the previous seasons and should get our respect. Selling them simply to get new players is ridiculous and a waste of money. If we can sign a player who may seem better at the moment, so be it, every squad needs evolution. But I'm sick of the people who want to sell half the squad every summer.

We won the Scudetto and only lost to the later winner in the Champions League. Why the hell do you have to sell two of your attackers?!

:fero:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I agree we souldnt sell two stars, to buy two talents,
thats a risk a big team sould never take,
stars are popular and tried solutions
but selling DP+treze to buy Cassano+Gila isnt exacly a waste of money as its almost prooven those players would play more games than the first and there is a large possibilty to play even better and secure our future.
Anyway we cant afford both of them and we cant compete Milan on Gila or even a serius Inter on Cassano.
The wisest thing to avoid risk and high costs is to replace only one star a time/year

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
We won the Scudetto and only lost to the later winner in the Champions League. Why the hell do you have to sell two of your attackers?!
One's past it and one's always injured and incredibly lazy when he does play. The only down side is the net profit delpiero generates our club through merchandising, it'd be interesting to know what this figure is

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Yeah, the only reason I reckon Del Piero stays is to appease the fans and the fact that he is a commodity to the club.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
i cant find the relation of nonda being left to roma to take for us to take cassano , it makes no sense at all

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
As great as he is, Cassano is too expensive and there are some very good, less expensive alternatives out there.
And one of those alternatives is already at the club, his name is Adrian Mutu.

I still hope that we leave our strike force as it is (Trez, Zlatan, DP, Mutu, Zala) and spend the money Cassano would cost on a midfielder and a defender.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Agree but i believe we will loan Zala and buy a midfielder no matter if we buy or not Cassano,
if Cassano comes those players will be cheaper=>low value=low quality

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

One's past it and one's always injured and incredibly lazy when he does play. The only down side is the net profit delpiero generates our club through merchandising, it'd be interesting to know what this figure is
I'm not saying Del Piero and Trezeguet are perfect, but both have been very important during the last few years. Selling almost your entire attack in a summer after a good season is absurd.

Cassano is a very big talent, but also a large question mark. Gilardino is a better and more complete player then Trezeguet, but can he perform on the same level with Juventus?

We are not Real Madrid who buy players simply because they can. We are able to sign Cassano and Gilardino this summer, true. But since we already have DP, Trez, Mutu and Ibrahimovic would that be a sensible spending? I would rather see some superb midfielder or youg central defender coming rather then yet another attacker.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
If we want to compete for the CL then we have to keep a player like Mutu. We are already lacking cerativity in the midfield, Mutu plays either behind the attackers or as a left wing. This means that he leaves more options for the coach. Take for an example Pessotto, if we didn't have pessotto this past season we wouldn't have won the scudetto. He gave Capello all the options he needed when he was suffering from injuries and cards. Pessotto played Deffensive midfielder (covering for both Blasi and tacchi), Center midfielder (blasi), left wing (nedved), left back (zambrotta) and right back (Zebina). He is programable.
Mutu can do the same for us for a lesser extent, ofcoruse.
He can play as an assistant striker (del piero), Offensive midfielder (nedved), or left wing as he used to play back in the days.
I am starting to think that our best choice for winning the CL next season is to play 4-3-3. This would justify buying Cassano, meaning that capello is interested to have more forwards to perform rotation on a 3 strikers rather than two. I also would like to see another right Side back rather than Zebina. This might be Zebina's best season ever, but still ..
Our formation would be nice if:

---------------------------Buffon
Zebina ------ Thuram --------Cannavaro ---- Zambrotta
----------------------- Emerson / or any other DM
-------------Camoranesi ------ Nedved
----- Zlatan -------- Trezeguet ----- Del Piero

In this past Seaon Camoranesi has showed a very good deffensive abilities. He might be as good as a deffensive midfielder, nevertheless, he can cut balls and tackle. We can also change the formation by changing Nedved or Camo with another DM to play a more deffensive game. Mutu can play in this formation in, Nedved's place, Del Piero's place, Zlatan's place and even at trezeguet's place.
This explains that we want to sign Giannikeda and also explains Cassano's interest.
To play with this formation you will need:
1- another Rt SB with good deffensive abilities
2- another CM who is creative
3- Another forward.
4- an experienced DM

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002

Past it? our top goal scorer (17)? :rolleyes:

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++

I'm not saying Del Piero and Trezeguet are perfect, but both have been very important during the last few years. Selling almost your entire attack in a summer after a good season is absurd.

Cassano is a very big talent, but also a large question mark. Gilardino is a better and more complete player then Trezeguet, but can he perform on the same level with Juventus?

We are not Real Madrid who buy players simply because they can. We are able to sign Cassano and Gilardino this summer, true. But since we already have DP, Trez, Mutu and Ibrahimovic would that be a sensible spending? I would rather see some superb midfielder or youg central defender coming rather then yet another attacker.
... One must come, one must go, keep your hands of Mutu. I would kill myself if we miss out on these kids.

If Cassano joins Juventus he should wear #10, if Gilardino arrives he should wear #17. Or else Trezeguet and(/or) Del Piero would just be pumping out huge amounts of money for nothing.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

Just imagine, if we have a guy who's past it and always injured for our topscorer, the other forwards we have must be pretty horrible.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
my last post was referring to teh injury problem which was stated. i just find it weird that some would rather keep two forwards who will play 50% of the seaosn and add another one or two forwards to the squad just becuase these two are always injured. thats just stupid...why double up if you can fix the real problem from the start.

and if del piero and trezeguet were sold and replaced by cassano and gilardino...i dont see anything but an upgrade. trezeguet is great when he plays his 15 games a season and del piero is on a decline. Cassano and gilardino are ready to explode on the world scene and have basically done so already.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
So has Zlatan.

What we need is NOT another forward.We need to evaluate what would be the most significant upgrade for the team;as it is the offence is the envy of many and in good shape with all our forwards in double figures last season.

The same,however,cannot be said of the midfield.And the defence's age has been a problem for years and years,while Canna and Thuram will probably hold for a couple years more we should plan ahead for replacements.Like you said Adrian, lets fix the problems.Don't start going all Claudio Ranieri on the forward lineup for the fun of it.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Want it, or not we will use the one life oppurtunity to grab (Cassano or Gila),
a forward doesnt mean we wont buy anything else,
those 15 mil urgently used, now, to buy the offer/discount wont be used for next year bought of attackers,
a club with money aside sould consider the offers when they find it,
we have money and we use them wise,
better spend now, than spend double in the future.
Talents like Cassano and Gila arent born everyday and u dont have the opportunity to sign them every year.

Defense can hold up this year(esp with the arrivals of Kovac,Chiellini,Bonera and a Parisi/Cassetti etc etc like)
though there are still chances to sign the uneeded?!? Samuel

Midfield will defintly be strenghened
Gianni,Mozart and a big name? is coming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)