Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (12 Viewers)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Half a billion spent on Higuain and Ronaldo. Two players on the wrong side of 30. There's no way you can deny they played a significant part in our financial demise.

The timing and the situation in which we signed Ronaldo was extremely poor as well. You had an expensive outgoing Higuain. And the squad already needed a major overhaul in midfield and defense.

All those unnecessary expensive contract extensions dwarfs the investment made on 34 year old Ronaldo.

Terrible timing. Marotta was right when he was against signing him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
i don't think signing ronaldo was a mistake. ignoring the rest of the squad and giving paratici the managing duties on the other hand...

how many proven class players did we sign since ronaldo? zero? or de ligt qualifies for one? and it's not like ronaldo broke the club, we had money, we spent loads on ramsey, arthur, de ligt, locatelli, etc. if you consider wages and transfer fees, jj made plenty of expensive signings since ronaldo joined, and the club also raised the wages of former and current players to an undeserved and unsustainable level. that's the real issue, not ronaldo himself. we simply dropped our level and rewarded mediocrity with unparalleled wages. ronaldo deserved his 31m, tek, bonucci, rugani, arthur, sandro, ramsey (etc) didn't. balance was lost, and after ronaldo left, jj found itself with a bunch of overpaid clowns with zero direction

i don't like ronaldo personally but i'd sign him again if a competent director would be in charge :boh:
I kinda agree with the theory, but since the person(s) who made all these mistakes is/are the same who brought Ronaldo, things were probably connected. It's possible that Paratici made a great move (bought Ronaldo) and followed it with bad moves, but imo it's more possible that he made a lot of those bad moves as a result of having Ronaldo here.

Half a billion spent on Higuain and Ronaldo. Two players on the wrong side of 30. There's no way you can deny they played a significant part in our financial demise.

The timing and the situation in which we signed Ronaldo was extremely poor as well. You had an expensive outgoing Higuain. And the squad already needed a major overhaul in midfield and defense.

All those unnecessary expensive contract extensions dwarfs the investment made on 34 year old Ronaldo.

Terrible timing. Marotta was right when he was against signing him.
Yeah, the timing was terrible. Although, the pandemic made everything look much worse.
It would have been great if Ronaldo was 3 years older. We could have bought a 33-34 years old Ronaldo in 2015/16. Now that was gonna be a good timing :D

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...It's possible that Paratici made a great move (bought Ronaldo) and followed it with bad moves, but imo it's more possible that he made a lot of those bad moves as a result of having Ronaldo here...
make no mistake, it wasn't paratici who was the mastermind behind the ronaldo deal, it was ronaldo who picked juventus. marotta found it risky, he was fired, fresh energy guy (paratici) was incompetent and everything went to shit

i still think that the whole ronaldo operation was feasible with proper preparation. not selling higuain _before buying cr, getting into shady swap deals, raising other players' wages, signing talented but overall unreliable players like arthur or ramsey were things that even a regular fan knew that looked like bad moves. our wage bill and insane amortization were the issue, and ronaldo was only part of that

i liked the published wiretaps for one reason only: those confirmed what many have suggested for years. paratici was a careless fraud unable to act responsibly

Strickland

May 17, 2019
The amount of disrespect Higauin gets is crazy, he was fantastic for us for a while until he wasnt anymore. He couldnt help the price, I'm glad we got him, we needed him at that point. Pipita was a friggin assassin for us (and an underrated all around player) :

Dude had one fantastic season for Juve. For a while is a very vague way of putting it, he was fantastic for exactly on season, 10 months or so. 2nd season he was the average Serie A striker, put a 1st stint Matri in his shoes in the 2nd season and I'm sure the difference in goals scored is minimal.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Damn, what a plan B after losing on Viega.
Like they getting a better player for real. Maybe the good source dudes stayed in Napoli lol (scouts Giuntoli had). Because Lindstrom with Szoboszlai was one of the best young AMs in bundesliga.

- - - Updated - - -

am? we don't use those here

who was the last proper am we signed? ramsey partly qualifies maybe? then it was diego before him, quickly sold. not a lot in a decade or so.
I say AM due to skillset, but he is one of the most versatile attacking mids, he can play SS, LW, LM, RW, RM, CM. He is basically a Di Maria type. Would been perfect replacement for Di Maria. 25m is nothing for a top talent.

- - - Updated - - -

no he cant, in our team wingers get the AM role, while CMs get the wingers role. Pure AM? we didnt have one here and im really scared to even predict where he would be played.

I know you kidding but Lindstrom can play every position in mid and attack except for DM and CF.

Jul 15, 2006
I know you kidding but Lindstrom can play every position in mid and attack except for DM and CF.
Reading other reports where it says €30m + €5m which would make more sense. Frankfurt fans are happy that he is leaving, apart from that 3 month purple patch he didn't really play that well. Definitely a versatile player tho, if he can find more consistency at Napoli it'll be a good transfer for them — he's a better option than Lozano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)