Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (56 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
There is no limit. The Market sets the limits.
The increase of fees and salaries is just so out of sync with everything else out of football.

Then again, many of these big spenders aren't trying to get a return - especially clubs owned by states or state companies. Trying to keep up with these kinds of sums can't be sustainable for a club like Bayern though.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Man Utd fans still wishing he is Haaland because his name is similar.
Typical United purchase. Hyped player that still has a lot to proof. For a brief period last season he looked very promising but he still has some way to go. I think he will be great player he isn't there yet. And I agree, he is nowhere near Haaland and most likely never will be.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Man Utd fans still wishing he is Haaland because his name is similar.
I found it amusing last night on talksport when man utd fan Goldstein was like oh we are getting 15 mill for Fred, 30 for maguire, 20 for someone else. Stick another 20 mill and we can get Kane :lol: as if they forgot who their big signing upfront is already and a little thing called FFP

- - - Updated - - -

Typical United purchase. Hyped player that still has a lot to proof. For a brief period last season he looked very promising but he still has some way to go. I think he will be great player he isn't there yet. And I agree, he is nowhere near Haaland and most likely never will be.
Thing is they've paid alot for basically potential. For the most parts it hasn't worked for them, look at sancho, Anthony and even Martial, all arrived based on potential and have largely flopped so far. As much as I think Hojlund is a good player, but by no means he's a generational talent I think they were better off signing someone like Jonathan David and Openda (before moving to RB Leipzig)/Wahi for the same price as 1 Hojlund

Apr 12, 2004
Ugh, I hope he sucks so much.

- - - Updated - - -

The increase of fees and salaries is just so out of sync with everything else out of football.

Then again, many of these big spenders aren't trying to get a return - especially clubs owned by states or state companies. Trying to keep up with these kinds of sums can't be sustainable for a club like Bayern though.
It's not sustainable for anyone.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Bayern got bitchslapped big time. Well done Levy.

Hypocrite club can stop complaining now about other clubs spending exorbitant sums of money

People say bitchslapped, and its alot of money. But on sporting level, they signed a 40-50 goals guranteed striker. Litterally the only thing they needed to compete for CL again.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
People say bitchslapped, and its alot of money. But on sporting level, they signed a 40-50 goals guranteed striker. Litterally the only thing they needed to compete for CL again.
it's still funny how they criticised juve publicly for spending loads of money on a relatively old player just to do the same a few years later

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Oh yeah true, that aspect I get, its a German holier then thou thing. But on sporting level this is a home run (only minus is age 30).

Speaking of that: I wanted Klopp to get Caicedo for 120m before the player rejected it. Because like Bayern, Klopp was talking like he is above it few years ago, saying if you see us signing a player for 100m it's because I'm not in football anymore. Or something to that effect.

I would really enjoyed if someone reminded Klopp of that quote if they signed him in the first press conference.

Actually someone should still ask because 120m Pool bid is a official news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 19, Guests: 33)