Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Isn’t it just unbefuckinglievable that they’re able to sell their trash for such prices and the best we can do is a loan.
JJ business model exposed. You guys need to stop buying terrible players at reasonable prices. Start spending 80m on terrible players. That way if they’re only worth 10 or 15 percent of their purchase it still looks pretty good when you sell.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
These Saudi clubs are funny because they're giving players insane salaries, but they're not even paying that much for getting the players. The European clubs should honestly just milk them.
You're right, only Malcolms fee was insane 60m! The rest yeah they overpaid, but 1.5 times. Most of the players are easily be in the top 25 highest earners in the world , I think the wages will reduce once the league gains popularity and momentum.

I can see the appeal, Kante went from 290K a week to 1.6M a week. I think taxes over there are lenient too and of course you'll be treated like royalty.

Apr 12, 2004
These Saudi clubs are funny because they're giving players insane salaries, but they're not even paying that much for getting the players. The European clubs should honestly just milk them.
You're right, only Malcolms fee was insane 60m! The rest yeah they overpaid, but 1.5 times. Most of the players are easily be in the top 25 highest earners in the world , I think the wages will reduce once the league gains popularity and momentum.

I can see the appeal, Kante went from 290K a week to 1.6M a week. I think taxes over there are lenient too and of course you'll be treated like royalty.
The problem is you can't milk a team absolutely when they off the player those types of wages. A contract only works if it works for both parties. If you try to milk them and you end up with a nonplussed player, then they end up being Dembele at Dortmund or something, which can have larger Squad issues.

Players will put up a stink if you start playing with their money; and we aren't talking about guys like Kane who are going to make money anywhere. We are talking about 5M or 8M gross a year players being offered 35M net.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol2:

YES!

Report: Harry Kane leaning toward staying with Tottenham Hotspur as Bayern Munich readies new bid
Bayern Munich’s Harry Kane dreams are crumbling.

Bayern Munich’s dreams of signing of Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane could be crumbling.

According to a report from Dan Kilpatrick from The Evening Standard (as captured by @iMiaSanMia), Kane might be tiring of the transfer process and also likes what he has seen from new Spurs coach Ange Postecoglou:

Harry Kane is leaning towards staying at Tottenham this summer after Bayern Munich’s latest bid was rejected, with a move now considered unlikely. It is understood Kane has been impressed by new coach Ange Postecoglou’s philosophy and has enjoyed training under him.​
Sky Sports journalist Kaveh Solhekol issued a similar report (as captured by @iMiaSanMia):

Harry Kane not travelling to Barcelona for Tottenham’s friendly against Barça today. Nothing to do with potential transfer. Lot of players involved on Sunday not travelling. Kane is enjoying life under Postecoglou & right now it’s looking more likely that he’s staying.​
The Bavarians, however, remain undeterred and are reportedly preparing another bid on Kane, which is either the next step of a long and drawn process or a last-ditch effort (depending on your perspective). Tz reporters Mano Bonk and Philipp Kessler released their last information on this topic (as captured by @iMiaSanMia):

Bayern are still fighting for Harry Kane, with the next round of negotiations scheduled to take place soon. The sticking point remains a gap in the overall valuation, and not just the structure of the fixed fee and add-ons.​
Finally, Kane appears to be getting worn down by this transfer saga and just wants it to end. Kane has — allegedly — laid down his own deadline for a deal to get done, as reported by (as captured by @iMiaSanMia):

Harry Kane has set a personal deadline of this Sunday for Bayern to agree a deal with Spurs - or he will commit to Tottenham for the year. That leaves Bayern under pressure to try and get the transfer over the line before Tottenham’s game at Brentford.​

Last edited:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
The problem is you can't milk a team absolutely when they off the player those types of wages. A contract only works if it works for both parties. If you try to milk them and you end up with a nonplussed player, then they end up being Dembele at Dortmund or something, which can have larger Squad issues.

Players will put up a stink if you start playing with their money; and we aren't talking about guys like Kane who are going to make money anywhere. We are talking about 5M or 8M gross a year players being offered 35M net.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol2:

YES!

Report: Harry Kane leaning toward staying with Tottenham Hotspur as Bayern Munich readies new bid
Bayern Munich’s Harry Kane dreams are crumbling.

Bayern Munich’s dreams of signing of Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane could be crumbling.

According to a report from Dan Kilpatrick from The Evening Standard (as captured by @iMiaSanMia), Kane might be tiring of the transfer process and also likes what he has seen from new Spurs coach Ange Postecoglou:

Harry Kane is leaning towards staying at Tottenham this summer after Bayern Munich’s latest bid was rejected, with a move now considered unlikely. It is understood Kane has been impressed by new coach Ange Postecoglou’s philosophy and has enjoyed training under him.​
Sky Sports journalist Kaveh Solhekol issued a similar report (as captured by @iMiaSanMia):

Harry Kane not travelling to Barcelona for Tottenham’s friendly against Barça today. Nothing to do with potential transfer. Lot of players involved on Sunday not travelling. Kane is enjoying life under Postecoglou & right now it’s looking more likely that he’s staying.​
The Bavarians, however, remain undeterred and are reportedly preparing another bid on Kane, which is either the next step of a long and drawn process or a last-ditch effort (depending on your perspective). Tz reporters Mano Bonk and Philipp Kessler released their last information on this topic (as captured by @iMiaSanMia):

Bayern are still fighting for Harry Kane, with the next round of negotiations scheduled to take place soon. The sticking point remains a gap in the overall valuation, and not just the structure of the fixed fee and add-ons.​
Finally, Kane appears to be getting worn down by this transfer saga and just wants it to end. Kane has — allegedly — laid down his own deadline for a deal to get done, as reported by (as captured by @iMiaSanMia):

Harry Kane has set a personal deadline of this Sunday for Bayern to agree a deal with Spurs - or he will commit to Tottenham for the year. That leaves Bayern under pressure to try and get the transfer over the line before Tottenham’s game at Brentford.​
Well if the Saudis can offer that amount in salary to these players then they can to the clubs as well. It means nothing to them how much money they have to pay and the European clubs should squeeze them.

Apr 12, 2004
My point is, it's a bigger issue to keep a player who wants to leave than it is to get 80% of his value.

- - - Updated - - -

Dembélé deal falling apart? (Sport1)
It seemed as if Ousmane Dembélé’s exit from FC Barcelona was all sealed. The Frenchman was set to transfer to Paris Saint-Germain...until he wasn’t:

Ousmane Dembélé’s transfer from FC Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain for 50 million euros seemed to be sealed. PSG and the player have reportedly already agreed on a five-year deal in the French capital, with official confirmation still awaited. As reported by L’Équipe, it is mainly due to FC Barcelona that the change has not yet taken place. Accordingly, the Catalans had sent the necessary documents to PSG too late, so that the mandatory medical check could not be completed.​

The alleged reason: In Catalonia, those responsible should still have a small hope of finding another customer for Dembélé. At least that’s what Le Parisien reports. The crux of the matter should be a clause that the French star had written into his contract last year.​

According to this, if the transfer fee was 50 million euros, he would collect around half of the sum himself together with his agent, while Barca would only get 25 million euros. On the other hand, if the Catalans found a new transfer partner who paid more, they would also have the prospect of a higher sum themselves.​

That’s why Barca reportedly want to place Dembélé in Saudi Arabia. As reported by Foot Mercato , Al-Hilal is said to be interested in a transfer. The Frenchman could collect around 100 million euros as an annual salary in the desert - and Barca’s account would also be significantly higher than with a PSG deal. The clause that allowed Dembélé to leave the club for €50m expired on July 31 . Since then, interested clubs have had to dig deeper into their pockets for the winger’s services.​

- - - Updated - - -

"In the desert" seems so derogatory. :lol:

Jun 16, 2020
tici gave wages that are too high even for those clubs

"best squad in the league" my ass, bunch of overpaid mercenaries
I don’t think that it are the wages. Pellegrini doesn’t earn much, on to his 6th loan now. McKennie and Zakaria aswel. Arthur we tend to think that it’s high but if I remember correctly it just 5m or so.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I don’t think that it are the wages. Pellegrini doesn’t earn much, on to his 6th loan now. McKennie and Zakaria aswel. Arthur we tend to think that it’s high but if I remember correctly it just 5m or so.
Perhaps they don't earn much for Jj standards, but they earn too much for the smaller clubs interested in them. How many Lazio players earn what we pay Pellegrini? And keep in mind he's a mediocre hack and would in now way be one of their best players.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Too desperate for my liking, imagine if we get him and he ends up being a flop like Mane and with all that money involved :lol: Tottenham will probably reject our next bid as well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)