Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (42 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Atletí do good some business once in a while. They take full advantage of arbitrage opportunities
atleti wanted to have 21m (15m loan + 6m gross salary), so they'll miss a big chunk of that. the guy's yearly amortization must be around 18m, not to mention the wages, so it looks like they are making a loss. hands are tied, guy wants to leave.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
atleti wanted to have 21m (15m loan + 6m gross salary), so they'll miss a big chunk of that. the guy's yearly amortization must be around 18m, not to mention the wages, so it looks like they are making a loss. hands are tied, guy wants to leave.

Appears that a significant portion of expenses will be taken off of Atletí books. Is his contract up this summer? If that’s the case then yeah they might get Jj’d

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Appears that a significant portion of expenses will be taken off of Atletí books. Is his contract up this summer? If that’s the case then yeah they might get Jj’d
he was bought in '19 for 127m on a 7-year contract expiring in '26. his amortization is a bit north of 18m. his wages are around 6m gross per season (i found conflicting data, he's probably on 3.5m net, ~6m gross). that's 24m gross. they are making a loss if they "only" get 11m, which is still obscene for a half yearly loan, but a loss is a loss.

the only good part of the deal is that they get rid of an unhappy player who'd rather be elsewhere. financially the whole felix deal is not a success story, just some damage control at this point.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
he was bought in '19 for 127m on a 7-year contract expiring in '26. his amortization is a bit north of 18m. his wages are around 6m gross per season (i found conflicting data, he's probably on 3.5m net, ~6m gross). that's 24m gross. they are making a loss if they "only" get 11m, which is still obscene for a half yearly loan, but a loss is a loss.

the only good part of the deal is that they get rid of an unhappy player who'd rather be elsewhere. financially the whole felix deal is not a success story, just some damage control at this point.
Reminds Juve of recent years a lot eh?

From Higuain, through Arthur to CR7. Pretty much all the big-money signings caused a major financial upset, not only for the high transfer fees.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Won't Chelsea be paying his wages in the next 6 months? In that case the wages would be 3m gross, the total for the year is 21m, and 11m for half a year isn't a loss. Or am I counting something wrong?

I counted wrong :D
So, Chelsea are paying 14m, of the 24m total, so it's not a loss for Atletico, but I did count wrong above.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If he does well and is sold to EPL for decent money, its a good deal for Atleti. Strange that he didnt go to Arsenal though, he couldve been the difference and push them closer to the title. Instead goes to Chelsea shitshow for couple of months

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Won't Chelsea be paying his wages in the next 6 months? In that case the wages would be 3m gross, the total for the year is 21m, and 11m for half a year isn't a loss. Or am I counting something wrong?

I counted wrong :D
So, Chelsea are paying 14m, of the 24m total, so it's not a loss for Atletico, but I did count wrong above.
according to orstein, the fee will be around 11m total, so a bit shy of the half of the 24m that felix costs atleti for a season

Reminds Juve of recent years a lot eh?

From Higuain, through Arthur to CR7. Pretty much all the big-money signings caused a major financial upset, not only for the high transfer fees.
yeah, and it isn't their first similar big money deal that proves to be a bumpy ride for both club and player. morata was the first recently, so at least juve could benefit of that issue for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)