Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Now both Wijnaldum & Depay are close to joining Barcelona
Cant wait for this Dutch Barca experiment to fail big time. Can't see Depay thriving, I think learning from his time at man utd and now at Lyon, he's the sort of player that needs to be at the centre of it all, so long players like Messi are at Barca, that's never happening.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
How about Arthur 24, Kulusevski 20 and MCKennie 22?
Those played you named are going to be worth around to 125 million in transfer fees and the jury is still out on them. It’s high risk, high reward but if those players fail that’ll be all money down the drain.

I consider developing talents coming through the academy a much brighter and wiser idea. Why don’t we even scout such players in a much younger age?
Who’s the last successful academy player we had? I can’t think of anyone bar Marchisio.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Those played you named are going to be worth around to 125 million in transfer fees and the jury is still out on them. It’s high risk, high reward but if those players fail that’ll be all money down the drain.

I consider developing talents coming through the academy a much brighter and wiser idea. Why don’t we even scout such players in a much younger age?
Who’s the last successful academy player we had? I can’t think of anyone bar Marchisio.
Well, Kean made it to the first team and was useful. We should have kept him.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
don't think juve's corporate culuture, or fans have that sort of patience.

so unless the youngster comes out with exceptional talent right away like a pogba, or amessi. juve will never give them a chance to develop by staying here 2-5 years.

we don't even do real madrid policy of selling with buy back options. wish we did that at least.

@JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

We scout and sign youth players from all around Europe and South America, every season. The problem is always the same - they need to be exceptional youth players to even make the squad because Juve are consistently the biggest and costliest squad in the league. For a young player to get a chance it means an experienced international has to sit in the stands or on the bench. As a coach there is no prerogative to try to blood young players. This is not Atalanta or Ajax or Dortmund or RB franchise, so they won't do it unless an exceptional, first-team ready player is there. They are told to win or lose their job.

I also think our youth development is generally poor, be that coaching or identification of players. When you see the players coming through the academy of Inter in particular, there is no excuse for us to not be the same or close. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd. Not every season is there talent but it's far more prevalent elsewhere. Atalanta are the best in Italy, they are a world-famous academy, but they have been geared towards producing players for a long time out of necessity. There is no such thing for Juventus, only a nice idea for it to happen. I don't think we can do both things at the same time, but a first team-quality player every few years is not unreasonable.

If you look at teams like Man Utd for example, how have they been able to develop Rashford and now Greenwood into the team? Easy, they've been shit for quite a few years. If they had Cantona, van Persie or van Nistelrooy up front those players get less chances. I think big clubs need to buy in at least three times as many young players as they develop, law of averages suggests that there are going to be better young players in the combined youth set ups of every other club in the world than there will be in just your club alone. Those who can buy the best will, which is why we bought De Ligt and then Kulusevski. I think it's perhaps a pipe dream to think we can produce a player like they do at Ajax or Atalanta, but I haven't given up on it. It's that initial first team exposure that is the issue here, that willing to risk failure and bad performances where a young player grows which simply does not go hand-in-hand with a club motto that is to win every season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is money Chelsea earned from sales, sponsorships and a transfer ban. Abramovich can't do what he did when he took over, and he's a lot more hands-off these days with Granovskaia running the show.

She's done well for them financially, but their transfer record is unpopular and poor under her. £72m for Kepa? Morata, Bakayoko, Batshuiyi, Drinkwater, Sarriboyz. Dire.

Now they have cash to spend that few others have after lockdown, which inevitably means better players. Seems like a boom or bust mercato for them, but they've bought not just expensive but young, so even in worst-case scenario there is resell value.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Havertz is a massive coup for them. Could be another mediocre year 20/21 but they are building long term with a young and talented team.

I'm sure within 2-3 years it will pay dividends

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
we’re signing 33 year old Suarez, signing oldies has always been an Italian thing bar Atalanta and Sassuolo no club is really being run with long term sustainable objectives.

A lack of vision is quite noticeable in the entire league. It’s also the main reason why the league has been falling behind in Europe. Just look at how the red bull clubs are being ran, there’s no real Italian equivalent
De Ligt, Demiral, Arthur, Rabiot, Mckennie, Pellegrini, Kulusevski were all signed within the last 18 months.
5 of these players are potential starters while 2 are decent backups.
We've fucked up a lot in the last few years, but the direction towards a younger, fresher team is obvious.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
We scout and sign youth players from all around Europe and South America, every season. The problem is always the same - they need to be exceptional youth players to even make the squad because Juve are consistently the biggest and costliest squad in the league. For a young player to get a chance it means an experienced international has to sit in the stands or on the bench. As a coach there is no prerogative to try to blood young players. This is not Atalanta or Ajax or Dortmund or RB franchise, so they won't do it unless an exceptional, first-team ready player is there. They are told to win or lose their job.

I also think our youth development is generally poor, be that coaching or identification of players. When you see the players coming through the academy of Inter in particular, there is no excuse for us to not be the same or close. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd. Not every season is there talent but it's far more prevalent elsewhere. Atalanta are the best in Italy, they are a world-famous academy, but they have been geared towards producing players for a long time out of necessity. There is no such thing for Juventus, only a nice idea for it to happen. I don't think we can do both things at the same time, but a first team-quality player every few years is not unreasonable.

If you look at teams like Man Utd for example, how have they been able to develop Rashford and now Greenwood into the team? Easy, they've been shit for quite a few years. If they had Cantona, van Persie or van Nistelrooy up front those players get less chances. I think big clubs need to buy in at least three times as many young players as they develop, law of averages suggests that there are going to be better young players in the combined youth set ups of every other club in the world than there will be in just your club alone. Those who can buy the best will, which is why we bought De Ligt and then Kulusevski. I think it's perhaps a pipe dream to think we can produce a player like they do at Ajax or Atalanta, but I haven't given up on it. It's that initial first team exposure that is the issue here, that willing to risk failure and bad performances where a young player grows which simply does not go hand-in-hand with a club motto that is to win every season.
Would’nt all elite clubs suffer from that? Yet RM have Carvajal and Valverde in their starting XI and Vazquez and Nacho as their back-up players. Same goes for Bayern who have Kimmich, Muller and Alaba who came through their academy and recently won the CL with those. The only current academy player we have is Rugani, who is our 5th choice CB

my point is that throwing money at promising young wizkids is only sustainable if you have the money.

If the economical climate of football and transfers are going on a downwards spiral due to Miss Rona we will all have less money for transfers the coming years. Meaning we can’t sign these young wizkids again.

You could say bringing the average age down is rejuvenating and we are signing young and expensive players, I’m saying you can’t do that when the money is gone. Meaning if these players fail we will get less in return, make a loss and cant properly replace him with new a-grade talents. You cant sell the likes of Pjaca and Berna easily. Which is why we are chasing 32 year old freebies right now in the first place.

The current European top scorer is Immobile, our very own academy player. Yet we are chasing 32 year old freebies for their last contract.

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
De Ligt, Demiral, Arthur, Rabiot, Mckennie, Pellegrini, Kulusevski were all signed within the last 18 months.
5 of these players are potential starters while 2 are decent backups.
We've fucked up a lot in the last few years, but the direction towards a younger, fresher team is obvious.
Young yes, But like 4 of them are question marks whether or not they are good enough. Pellegrini might even be turned into Plusvalenza.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Would’nt all elite clubs suffer from that? Yet RM have Carvajal and Valverde in their starting XI and Vazquez and Nacho as their back-up players. Same goes for Bayern who have Kimmich, Muller and Alaba who came through their academy and recently won the CL with those. The only current academy player we have is Rugani, who is our 5th choice CB

my point is that throwing money at promising young wizkids is only sustainable if you have the money.

If the economical climate of football and transfers are going on a downwards spiral due to Miss Rona we will all have less money for transfers the coming years. Meaning we can’t sign these young wizkids again.

You could say bringing the average age down is rejuvenating and we are signing young and expensive players, I’m saying you can’t do that when the money is gone. Meaning if these players fail we will get less in return, make a loss and cant properly replace him with new a-grade talents. You cant sell the likes of Pjaca and Berna easily. Which is why we are chasing 32 year old freebies right now in the first place.

The current European top scorer is Immobile, our very own academy player. Yet we are chasing 32 year old freebies for their last contract.
The clubs that win every season suffer from it, but not the ones who are fighting for a CL place. We certainly do worse than other teams but I already explained part of it. There is also the issue of young players understanding the tactical systems in Italy. In other leagues it is easier to just let young players go and play.

I don't understand your point on Berna or Pjaca. Pjaca also had injuries that ruined his career, that is nothing to do with club choices.

Immobile I think is a niche striker. He scored a lot of goals for an ultra-attacking Zeman team in B (that also had Insigne and Verratti) but the club has to balance generating income and developing players. There wasn't much to suggest he was Juve quality then.

We actually made more money for half of his contract than Lazio ended up paying for him. He's done very well for himself but we had Tevez, Morata, Coman, Giovinco, Llorente and Matri when he was sold to Dortmund so it's hard to find space. Moggi used to call these players "piggy banks", but I suppose it's natural that now and again one of them comes good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)