Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (153 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
"Always spend" Only the last 2 years have we been spending big money. Always sold to buy in the past.

£35 million for Richarlison is ok I think, it will end up being £44 million IF we get top 4/win a cup and he scores over 20 goals.............so that mean it will only ever be £35 million then!!:lol:

We are playing catch up, and have been shit for over 20 years.

- - - Updated - - -

You have no idea about what happened mate. Much more to it than blame Koeman.

The club has been run terribly.

No coincidence that managers we deemed not good enough, will go on to better things than Everton.
Your club has been run terribly since Moyes left, I posted something prior to the Koeman post about how short sighted they've become, everything that never used to be associated with everton, something tells me this will continue with marco silva, gambling 50 mill on richarlyson sounds like awful piece of business especially given how his form went midway through last season, there's no way he's a 50 mill player

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Your club has been run terribly since Moyes left, I posted something prior to the Koeman post about how short sighted they've become, everything that never used to be associated with everton, something tells me this will continue with marco silva, gambling 50 mill on richarlyson sounds like awful piece of business especially given how his form went midway through last season, there's no way he's a 50 mill player
Not cost £50 million, its £35 million with £5 million if we win stuff!!!!

We have to gamble, and I think he is a good player. Most players are over-priced to prem teams.

His form tailed off due to Marco Sikva leaving, and the fact that he had played 60 games in 12 month as a 20 year old.

We have had new ownership over the last 2 years, so things have changed off the pitch. They just need to get it right, takes time for these things. The new board, new ground, new DOF, managers etc.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Everton spent €90M on Richarlison and Sigurdsson combined. That is AWFUL business especially considering that they're not a so big club to spend €40M + on a single player, especially that both of them aren't worth that money.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Everton spent €90M on Richarlison and Sigurdsson combined. That is AWFUL business especially considering that they're not a so big club to spend €40M + on a single player, especially that both of them aren't worth that money.
you just used to Bayern being tight with their money, I think Everton easily can afford on player like that every summer, according to Deloitte they're 20th in the world at moment when it comes to revenue. Problem is, they spend more than just 40m, at least during the past year :D

you could argue that Richarlison isn't the best bet, but if the coach is convinced he's the real deal and if Watford weren't ready to part with him for less than that, dude is probably more talented than people think

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Average teams in the EPL with big tv money are the ones ruining the market. They have a lot of money coming in but good players are not really interested in playing for them so what they end up doing is signing average players for a lot of money.

I feel like its things like this is why we'll end up with a super league with all of the best teams together. Sooner or later teams will start asking why teams like Everton and Watford should have this much money without being able to bring anything to the table when the same money could be sent to teams like Barca, Real, Juve and Bayern who could actually contribute something.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Average teams in the EPL with big tv money are the ones ruining the market. They have a lot of money coming in but good players are not really interested in playing for them so what they end up doing is signing average players for a lot of money.

I feel like its things like this is why we'll end up with a super league with all of the best teams together. Sooner or later teams will start asking why teams like Everton and Watford should have this much money without being able to bring anything to the table when the same money could be sent to teams like Barca, Real, Juve and Bayern who could actually contribute something.
I used to like the idea of European Super League, but now I feel that it would get boring fast, with same teams playing each other over and over again.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Sooner or later teams will start asking why teams like Everton and Watford should have this much money without being able to bring anything to the table when the same money could be sent to teams like Barca, Real, Juve and Bayern who could actually contribute something.
Everton and Watford are well off because people, globally, are paying to watch the Premiership on TV to levels that far exceed the other leagues.

So if Juve and Bayern (particularly those two) want a piece of that, then they would have to accept that means the other teams in their leagues having more of their share of the commercial revenue in order to become more competitive. Juve and Bayern are popular clubs, and Juve in particular has a great marketing prescence, but whilst both teams routinely win their leagues year in year out there is just not going to be that much interest from the TV companies in Serie A or Bundesliga.

Yes, Everton are inflating the market. But you cannot blame them for doing what they do. The only way to get round this is for Serie A and Bundesliga to make their leagues more commercially appealing to sponsors and broadcasters, otherwise all the money will continue to gravitate towards PL and the big two Spanish teams.

Italy had several highly competitive teams in the 90's, and the league was so strong that seven teams could challenge for the title. Milan and Juve, followed by a combo of Inter, Fiorentina, Lazio, Roma and even Parma/Sampdoria to an extent. That's when it had a real global interest - even inward looking Englanders were watching Serie A in the 90's.

It is not the PL model which is at fault or requires change, it is the other leagues - and the other clubs in Serie A etc - that needs to step it up.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010

Its attitudes like that that are the problem with football.

Pure elitist.

All well and good just picking to support a massive club, but those smaller local clubs are what makes football work.

Clubs like Chelsea & Man City are now massive clubs.....but are actually smaller than Everton in real football terms.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Everton and Watford are well off because people, globally, are paying to watch the Premiership on TV to levels that far exceed the other leagues.

So if Juve and Bayern (particularly those two) want a piece of that, then they would have to accept that means the other teams in their leagues having more of their share of the commercial revenue in order to become more competitive. Juve and Bayern are popular clubs, and Juve in particular has a great marketing prescence, but whilst both teams routinely win their leagues year in year out there is just not going to be that much interest from the TV companies in Serie A or Bundesliga.

Yes, Everton are inflating the market. But you cannot blame them for doing what they do. The only way to get round this is for Serie A and Bundesliga to make their leagues more commercially appealing to sponsors and broadcasters, otherwise all the money will continue to gravitate towards PL and the big two Spanish teams.

Italy had several highly competitive teams in the 90's, and the league was so strong that seven teams could challenge for the title. Milan and Juve, followed by a combo of Inter, Fiorentina, Lazio, Roma and even Parma/Sampdoria to an extent. That's when it had a real global interest - even inward looking Englanders were watching Serie A in the 90's.

It is not the PL model which is at fault or requires change, it is the other leagues - and the other clubs in Serie A etc - that needs to step it up.
If you're trying to say that BPL is more competitive than Serie A you are wrong. Last season City won the league before the race has properly begun. Previously you had ManU dominating, then Chelsea and City were basically exchanging the titles between themselves. In the last ten years I can remember only few examples when the title race was really tight. And if it was, it was only between two teams, not more.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Pure elitist.

All well and good just picking to support a massive club, but those smaller local clubs are what makes football work.

Clubs like Chelsea & Man City are now massive clubs.....but are actually smaller than Everton in real football terms.

A club like Everton is perfect practice material for the top clubs. They're guaranteed to end anywhere between 5th and 15th, they always have a decent squad, but not a great squad. They play to win games, but not competitions. And last but not least they usually play quite fairly too, so the superstars of the league rarely get hurt while going to Everton.

Perfect sparring partner for the real contenders imo :tup:

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
A club like Everton is perfect practice material for the top clubs. They're guaranteed to end anywhere between 5th and 15th, they always have a decent squad, but not a great squad. They play to win games, but not competitions. And last but not least they usually play quite fairly too, so the superstars of the league rarely get hurt while going to Everton.

Perfect sparring partner for the real contenders imo :tup:
We used to be one of those contenders.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

Pure elitist.

Its a business though, the product would be so much better if all of the best teams where playing together.

But then again, who knows who would take the likes of Evertons place within this new league? Cuz there surely always has to be bottom teams, and what teams would those be? Would teams in Manchester and Liverpool still get the players the usually do? Or would players rather play and live in more attractive places like Italy/Spain/France if it was still same league and same money anyway?

Would the league be closed like they are in the US? And would there be a salary cap?

Who knows, but it would make for a way better product.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Yes. 30 years ago. You'll never be a contender again. And you know this.
Nope. City & Chelsea & Spurs all challeng, why cant we.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a business though, the product would be so much better if all of the best teams where playing together.

But then again, who knows who would take the likes of Evertons place within this new league? Cuz there surely always has to be bottom teams, and what teams would those be? Would teams in Manchester and Liverpool still get the players the usually do? Or would players rather play and live in more attractive places like Italy/Spain/France if it was still same league and same money anyway?

Would the league be closed like they are in the US? And would there be a salary cap?

Who knows, but it would make for a way better product.
Lol, I think our Prem is a good enough product as it is mate, ta.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Spurs don't challenge at all. They'll end 3d or 4th for a few years then sink away again. You are what you are in this life and you, my friend, are canon fodder.
Lolz, ok mate.

Spurs challenge as much as Liverpool do.

The Ev will rise agin..

Well my team does win, I support Real Madrid too, and Juve, and Basiktas. :juventus:

oh and Lazio, been a few times. Great people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)