Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (116 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
How about Soyuncu and Sokratis, what is your guys opinion on them? I dont follow the Bundesliga to be honest . So dont know much about these players and whether i should be optimistic :p
@zizinho if im not mistaken, you follow the Bundesliga too. What is your opinion on Soyuncu and Sokratis?
i have no idea who Soyuncu is and last time ive seen Sokratis was for his NT, should tell you how much ive been into non Juve and Serie A football lately :D

but i do rate Sokratis, when at 100% hes gonna be one of the best CBs in England. good on the ball, strong in the air, good tackler, basically everything you need from a defender in EPL. also worth noting, he was linked to us last 2 seasons, and we usually scout them good players you know :p

- - - Updated - - -

That’s my take on it too.

Didn’t look anywhere near as good last season, and once players like him begin to decline physically, it’s a pretty quick decline. And I have no doubt Roma are sick of his off-field behaviour too.
the obvious example - Vidal. someone will say Vidal was due to injuries, but Radja had his fair share as well. and their playing style is quite demanding, very taxing on the body. i dont think many manage to prolong their careers well into the 30s while maintaining a WC level, its usually their mid to late 20s when the decline already begins

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
How about Soyuncu and Sokratis, what is your guys opinion on them? I dont follow the Bundesliga to be honest . So dont know much about these players and whether i should be optimistic :p
@zizinho if im not mistaken, you follow the Bundesliga too. What is your opinion on Soyuncu and Sokratis?
What lgor said :D

I might rate Sokratis a little higher than him though. He's Been holding together that Dortmund backline on his own at times. Should definitely do well in Engerland.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
i have no idea who Soyuncu is and last time ive seen Sokratis was for his NT, should tell you how much ive been into non Juve and Serie A football lately :D

but i do rate Sokratis, when at 100% hes gonna be one of the best CBs in England. good on the ball, strong in the air, good tackler, basically everything you need from a defender in EPL. also worth noting, he was linked to us last 2 seasons, and we usually scout them good players you know :p

- - - Updated - - -

the obvious example - Vidal. someone will say Vidal was due to injuries, but Radja had his fair share as well. and their playing style is quite demanding, very taxing on the body. i dont think many manage to prolong their careers well into the 30s while maintaining a WC level, its usually their mid to late 20s when the decline already begins
I see you post a lot in the Buli thread, and also talk about a lot of Buli players, but thats probably because Bosnian players play there often, no? :p

What lgor said :D

I might rate Sokratis a little higher than him though. He's Been holding together that Dortmund backline on his own at times. Should definitely do well in Engerland.
Mm, its good to see that opinions on Sokratis are mostly positive. After the Mustafi signing which cost a lot of money and came with a lot of hype, and before that the various other central defenders we bought that were mostly disasters from Mertesacker to Silvestre, Squillachi, Vermaelen, and all the rest; my first reaction to any centerback we sign is suspicion. Granted I've seen Sokratis play many times for his NT and also for Dortmund in the Bayern games and CL games, and mostly he's been quite solid. But then again those matches aren't like following a player week in week out. I remember having a positive opinion about Mustafi, because whenever I saw him play for Valencia he was quite good.

Wilshere confirms that he will leave. Emery told him that he would have a secondary role in his plans.
@Fred
Really sad what has happened with him. I think injuries definitely played a huge part in ruining his career, I rated him as a youngster. He's an Arsenal boy through and through, I personally would have loved for him to stay on even as a backup player, but that won't be good for his career. Unfortunately the best he can do now is a midtable EPL club.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I see you post a lot in the Buli thread, and also talk about a lot of Buli players, but thats probably because Bosnian players play there often, no? :p

Mm, its good to see that opinions on Sokratis are mostly positive. After the Mustafi signing which cost a lot of money and came with a lot of hype, and before that the various other central defenders we bought that were mostly disasters from Mertesacker to Silvestre, Squillachi, Vermaelen, and all the rest; my first reaction to any centerback we sign is suspicion. Granted I've seen Sokratis play many times for his NT and also for Dortmund in the Bayern games and CL games, and mostly he's been quite solid. But then again those matches aren't like following a player week in week out. I remember having a positive opinion about Mustafi, because whenever I saw him play for Valencia he was quite good.

Really sad what has happened with him. I think injuries definitely played a huge part in ruining his career, I rated him as a youngster. He's an Arsenal boy through and through, I personally would have loved for him to stay on even as a backup player, but that won't be good for his career. Unfortunately the best he can do now is a midtable EPL club.
no, i did watch a lot of BuLi, but last 1-2 seasons i cant bring myself to watch if its not Juve. still watch some BL, when a player/coach or the whole team interest me, for example Schalke this season with Tedesco, Meyer, Goretzka, Pjaca, Kolasinac before that. Hoffenhein last season etc. still watch Serie A and CL a lot. La Liga i never cared about, EPL got boring when CR and later SAF left.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Too much of a risk, I don't think teams like Dortmund would be interested in him. Even supposing they were, he's an Englishman, he'd probably prefer a london club like Crystal Palace over Dortmund :D

- - - Updated - - -

"Sampdoria do not sell unless there are excellent offers," Ferrero told SportItalia .

"We do not look for buyers. We have natural talents whose values increase exponentially.

"Sampdoria is a stepping stone. It's a family-run club and that allows players to grow up. It's normal they have aspirations to play for big clubs, but I do not need to sell out.

"Torreira has left for €30 million. I bought him from Pescara when no one believed.

We bet and we won, paying just €3 million. The money that comes in is used to keep the club going.

"Sampdoria is a stepping stone. It's a family-run club and that allows players to grow up."

- Ferrero

Looks like Torreira signing is more or less done as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)