Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Mahrez has significant end product, deadly finisher and excellent crosser, two things he beats Salah in. Difference is Salah is like two times faster so he gives defense headache on sheer volume of attacks he gets past easily on.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Salah has 14 and 15 league goals over the past two seasons for Roma, Mahrez has 17 and 6. That doesn't necessarily mean Salah is the better finisher, in fact you're probably right, it's the sheer volume of attacks that really matters here. But overall I think it does mean Salah is the better player. Dude is incredibly fast, is a constant threat and can still provide a goal or an assist when he's not playing well.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Salah has 14 and 15 league goals over the past two seasons for Roma, Mahrez has 17 and 6. That doesn't necessarily mean Salah is the better finisher, in fact you're probably right, it's the sheer volume of attacks that really matters here. But overall I think it does mean Salah is the better player. Dude is incredibly fast, is a constant threat and can still provide a goal or an assist when he's not playing well.
People tend to exaggerate Salah's wastefulness, and is more a forward then Mahrez is (closer to all out creative/shooting winger then going into box alot), but I defenitely seen Salah miss like half a dozen shots infront of goalie in some games that Mahrez doesnt. Tho as said, he is so quick and tricky he just gets into so many chances. Plus Spalletti plays so hyper offensive that Salah is given the reign and space so much more, then a bunkering Leiceister.

And the comparison is for Mahrez in his best season, last season was fairly average, but at his best, he didnt have many chances but the ones he did he just clinically finished, was kinda freaky how smooth he was.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I think Mahrez will be a lot more useful than Salah who's way too frustrating to have in a team. I don't think there's any exaggeration in Salah's wastefulness because we could have scored at least 30 goals considering how many open goals he missed.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's signing a contract with qatar in qatar, not psg
He is, but he's playing for PSG and PSG have to abide with UEFA rules. The only reason he's doing this is to evade those rules while actively committing tax evasion in the process (all parties are at risk to be prosecuted if the deal really is the way it is presented here). While it may not be illegal in terms of financial fair play just yet, I'm sure they will now address this obvious lacune.

Btw if taxes are paid and money is being pumped into the economy I couldn't care less about huge financial deals. This is something else though. This is just spitting in the working man's face.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think Mahrez will be a lot more useful than Salah who's way too frustrating to have in a team. I don't think there's any exaggeration in Salah's wastefulness because we could have scored at least 30 goals considering how many open goals he missed.
I must have missed something, are you really a Roma fan? I always thought that only your brother was a Roma fna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)