Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (42 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You don't think he's good?

I mean I'd be a bit reserved on judging him, because he's only played one full season. He wasn't a starting player before this season. But to be honest the guy was amazing last season, he really took the Ligue by storm. Attacks very well, though his end product in terms of crossing and putting deliveries in, is not that good. But he's a constant threat with his cutting inside and shooting, he's also a very good dribbler for a fullback. Defensively, he does have a tendency to be naive in terms of positioning, but isn't that to be expected for a 20 year old. His one on one defending is extremely good, he's a very hard player to dribble.

All in all, I think and I say this with a lot of caution because after all it's one season, but IMO the next two years will show what he's made off, I will not be surprised if in two years time he's being courted by bigger clubs.

Then again, he could turn out to be another Tremoulinas :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
46.5m for Benteke.

And some people thought the Premier League clubs all getting money meant they'd be competitive. It only means their clubs will overpay for everything. Yes, the league as a whole will probably get 3-4 worldclass players... by overpaying. But they'll also get every average or hyped player too... by overpaying.
Yep. That's why I don't find it that overly concerning that all of the clubs are getting more money. They will just overpay even more for dross. Not much of a change there.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Witsel to Chelsea for 34M Euros. I wonder what this means for Oscar...
Chelsea is abit thin squad , I doubt this means any departure. Plus Witsel is kinda versatile and can play several roles , the kind of player Mourinho loves

40m for John Stones FFS.

Good let them have all this money.
Chelsea's interest on him has been a long one. That's a long replacement for Terry and he is the best English young defender at the moment.

"English Messi" Patrick Roberts to City, £10-11m. @JuveJay
Anyone watched him? Is he any good?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Chelsea is abit thin squad , I doubt this means any departure. Plus Witsel is kinda versatile and can play several roles , the kind of player Mourinho loves

Chelsea's interest on him has been a long one. That's a long replacement for Terry and he is the best English young defender at the moment.

Anyone watched him? Is he any good?
40M is still typical English overpricing garbage. There was world war 3 in this forum for years after we signed Bonucci for 15M (75m cronios dollars) FFS

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You don't think he's good?

I mean I'd be a bit reserved on judging him, because he's only played one full season. He wasn't a starting player before this season. But to be honest the guy was amazing last season, he really took the Ligue by storm. Attacks very well, though his end product in terms of crossing and putting deliveries in, is not that good. But he's a constant threat with his cutting inside and shooting, he's also a very good dribbler for a fullback. Defensively, he does have a tendency to be naive in terms of positioning, but isn't that to be expected for a 20 year old. His one on one defending is extremely good, he's a very hard player to dribble.

All in all, I think and I say this with a lot of caution because after all it's one season, but IMO the next two years will show what he's made off, I will not be surprised if in two years time he's being courted by bigger clubs.

Then again, he could turn out to be another Tremoulinas :D
its not that i dont think he will become good. Mark mentioned him a while back and said we should be looking at him as one of our targets for the LB spot and i simply find its not a big loss that we werent after him now that hes gone considering there are better options out there (Kurzawa, Mendy or the newest, Alex Sandro)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
its not that i dont think he will become good. Mark mentioned him a while back and said we should be looking at him as one of our targets for the LB spot and i simply find its not a big loss that we werent after him now that hes gone considering there are better options out there (Kurzawa, Mendy or the newest, Alex Sandro)
Out of the 3 ligue leftbacks he was by far the best performer last season mind you. That being said though, Kurzawa has always been highly regarded, unlike Amavi who was more of a surprise last season. Mendy IMO is not as promising as the other two.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Disappointing. Moved too soon to PSG if you ask me, could be something he regrets, because he didn't do too well last season, I'm not sure he'll get an opportunity next season.

If I were Juve, I'd monitor Kurzawa closely. Out of the three, he's the one who has now shown for two seasons that he looks like the real deal. He's already had two very good seasons. He's not the best defender, but neither was Evra back in the day, going forward he's a monster though. He had a very good understanding with Carrasco, plays well in tight areas, he's a decent crosser and he can score goals too.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Disappointing. Moved too soon to PSG if you ask me, could be something he regrets, because he didn't do too well last season, I'm not sure he'll get an opportunity next season.
too.
could turn out to be a great move if we would try to get him though, talent is there.
also he could learn from uncle pat.

...but since we will get sandro :)xfinger:)...never mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)