Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (123 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pibull1986

Reggae Boy
Oct 26, 2009
:rofl:

Josemi, Antonio Nuñez, Jan Kronkamp, Mark Gonzalez, Ryan Babel, Andrea Dossena, Phillip Degen etc....such mastery in the transfer market

Benitez is such a myth, easily one of the most overrated managers of the past 10 years.
But his Valencia team was dope and one of the best i have ever seen...the Ayala-led backline, the Albelda-Baraja combo in the middle, the zest and Modjo of Vicente and of course Aimar in the front ....was a good team....his Liverpool team was good tooo, but i don't get how he messes up everywhere he go, especially with his spending, the players u mentioned are fo-giggles..... don't understand how they cud have strike his fancy

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
But his Valencia team was dope and one of the best i have ever seen...the Ayala-led backline, the Albelda-Baraja combo in the middle, the zest and Modjo of Vicente and of course Aimar in the front ....was a good team....his Liverpool team was good tooo, but i don't get how he messes up everywhere he go, especially with his spending, the players u mentioned are fo-giggles..... don't understand how they cud have strike his fancy
It's worth pointing out two things: he inherited a Valencia team who had made the Champions League Final the previous season, and that Real Madrid and Barcelona were very poor in the two seasons he won it, in comparison to the quality of teams you see now.

The 2001-02 side of his were very tactical but also not fun at all to watch. I just looked at the league table and they won the title scoring 51 goals in 38 games. Even considering how boring that team were that is surprising.

The 2003-04 side he had integrated Vicente and Albelda, and Mista, Rufete, Salva around Aimar instead of the mediocre Carew and Juan Sanchez, offsetting the loss of Mendieta. Curru Torres replaced Angloma as well. But a lot of credit for building the solid base of that team goes to Cuper, Benitez made them tougher to beat, but the core was there, his real success was what he did at the other end of the field, because Valencia really needed new forward players and ideas.

pibull1986

Reggae Boy
Oct 26, 2009
True...Cuper led the foundation of that team, a fast paced counter-attacking machine...but the most important jigsaw of that team: Medieta (brains of the team) Kily Gonzalez and Claudio Lopez and Gerard (am not sure) as well left when he got there...so he have to put some work into it and its not an easy feet with the budget of Valencia....but as you have said his stamp was to change and reshuffle the team from the waist up (changing from a DLP based team to a true AM-based team backed with two intelligent midfielders) and did good as their threat up front and potent was raised significantly (as the numbers speak)....and that goalscoring rate would have been much better hadn't it been for Mista ....i think i have never seen an attacker who repeatedly miss sitters like him....

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Good move both for him and Lazio. 15 mil isn't too much or too low IMO just a decent price.

He's 31 right now, in a slow pace Serie A all you need is a striker with a great instinct infront of the goal which he has like klose

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Getting RVP and managing to keep their young talents and candreva along with the rest of their assets, they'll probably in the top 3 again, if not 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)