Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Milan sure are revolutionizing their squad though huh.

Kessie, Mussachio, Conti, Rogdriguez, Borini, Andre Silva and supposedly Kalinic is next.

And Inter are spending 60mil on a pair of teenagers?! Gee guys the battle for 3rd place has never looked so exciting :tup:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's also never stood out to me besides being a good athlete. Maybe he just goes about things in a certain way, someone you appreciate more watching over a period of time.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Sevilla Goalkeepers coach is going to resign, and he has an offer from PSG (MARCA).

- - - Updated - - -

Thiago Maia will probably ends up in Milan.

LEquipe confirmed that Inter Milan wants him, while Goal said AC Milan is also ready to make an offer.

Mar 3, 2014
Why? Watching him for Lyon, I didn't see anything great about him. Just a solid but limited DM.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
There isn't anything great, but he just about has no weakness. He's just solid all around. I think he's the type of player who will see his stock rise as he plays for better teams. Unfortunately, he waited a really long time to move away from OL.

I'll just include his rankings out of 254 CMs/CDMs
1) Tackling: #4
2) Attempted Tackles: #16
3) Tackling: #24
4) Interceptions: #27
5) Fouled: #18
6) Clearance: #28
7) Passes Blocked: #17
8) Successful Dribbles: #55
9) Unsuccessful Touches: #253
10) Dispossessed: #93
11) He hangs slightly above median in: Total passes and accurate short passes, but is ranked #249 in unsuccessful long passes, and #56 in inaccurate long passes.
12) He ranks around median in key passes, below median in shots taken, below median in assists
13) He is an indirect set piece threat
14) Ranks #43 in total aerials, and #34 in aerials won
15) He's very two footed, with his shots coming equally from his right and left

I did some analysis ranking all the CDMs with respect to statistics out of 100. Think of them as statistic-based FIFA scores.

#1: Kroos - 95
#2: Thiago - 90
#3: Modric - 89
#4: Gonalons - 89
#5: Pjanic - 88
#6: Naby Keita - 86
#7: Jonas Hector - 85
#8: Paul Pogba - 85
#9: Davide Di Gennaro - 84 (I'm not claiming it is perfect LOL)
#10: Jean Michael Seri - 84
#11: Kerem Demirbay - 84
#12: Marcelo Brozovic - 84
#13: Adrien Rabiot - 83
#14: Ander Herrera - 83
#15: Benat - 82

And just for laughing sake I will point out that the bottom 20 ranked players included:
-Barberis, De Roon, Uche, Padoin, Luis Gustavo

And they got Gonalons for 5 million.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
His price is very cheap, but I dont really care much for stats, all I can say is I seen fair bit of Lyon games throughout the years, and in very very few of them did he ever impress me.

Thats a very cheap and solid backup signing to make, but he is not someone who is gonna make any difference for Roma. They already signed Grenier and now Gonalons, Roma going after the wrong Lyon players.

Mar 3, 2014
His price is very cheap, but I dont really care much for stats, all I can say is I seen fair bit of Lyon games throughout the years, and in very very few of them did he ever impress me.

Thats a very cheap and solid backup signing to make, but he is not someone who is gonna make any difference for Roma. They already signed Grenier and now Gonalons, Roma going after the wrong Lyon players.
Yeah, if you're not a stats guy it won't matter much to you.
For me, I don't think stats are the only important thing but I think they are crucial. In my analysis, I penalized players for being on weaker teams, weaker leagues, even penalized players if they weren't performing well vs. peers. For example passing share was important in my analysis...which is basically how much of the teams passes go through that player.
Stats won't be perfect, but I can imagine combined with actual game play observations can be very important, especially if you're watching a CDM which often go out their business quietly. Wingers are easier to scout, but to actually sift through questions like "how good is this guy at tackling?", "does he win in the air", well I think stats can be a crucial component of an assessment toolkit.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its a tool to assist you but not much else, it shouldnt be overly complicated with gazilion stats that are given too much importance, when you should just watch games often and pay more attention. If you havent seen a player enough it can be guiding hand to get a hint, but not much else, especially when they can be misused and misread alot, compared to actually just seeing said player yourself more.

But getting lost into stats for sports seems to be an american obbession so I can understand it if you are used to it (doubly so if its related to your work to boot).

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
It's definitely an American thing, and afaik it also makes a lot more sense with a lot of the sports that are more popular over there.
Not sure about some other of their sports but i hate when they bring up stats all the time in basketball. Just watch the damn game and rate performances based on what you see

Jun 6, 2015
I think it comes down to the knowledge one has about the sport in question. If you have played a certain sport it's easier to rate players talent and skill level by only watching as you have some kind of understanding what the players are supposed to do on the pitch.

For example I haven't played basketball so I have no clue when a player is out of position or where that player should move in certain situations. Looking at stats will give me some guidance in rating these players but I still lack the knowhow to take all the other important stuff that you don't see in stats in to consideration.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
There isn't anything great, but he just about has no weakness. He's just solid all around. I think he's the type of player who will see his stock rise as he plays for better teams. Unfortunately, he waited a really long time to move away from OL.

I'll just include his rankings out of 254 CMs/CDMs
1) Tackling: #4
2) Attempted Tackles: #16
3) Tackling: #24
4) Interceptions: #27
5) Fouled: #18
6) Clearance: #28
7) Passes Blocked: #17
8) Successful Dribbles: #55
9) Unsuccessful Touches: #253
10) Dispossessed: #93
11) He hangs slightly above median in: Total passes and accurate short passes, but is ranked #249 in unsuccessful long passes, and #56 in inaccurate long passes.
12) He ranks around median in key passes, below median in shots taken, below median in assists
13) He is an indirect set piece threat
14) Ranks #43 in total aerials, and #34 in aerials won
15) He's very two footed, with his shots coming equally from his right and left

I did some analysis ranking all the CDMs with respect to statistics out of 100. Think of them as statistic-based FIFA scores.

#1: Kroos - 95
#2: Thiago - 90
#3: Modric - 89
#4: Gonalons - 89
#5: Pjanic - 88
#6: Naby Keita - 86
#7: Jonas Hector - 85
#8: Paul Pogba - 85
#9: Davide Di Gennaro - 84 (I'm not claiming it is perfect LOL)
#10: Jean Michael Seri - 84
#11: Kerem Demirbay - 84
#12: Marcelo Brozovic - 84
#13: Adrien Rabiot - 83
#14: Ander Herrera - 83
#15: Benat - 82

And just for laughing sake I will point out that the bottom 20 ranked players included:
-Barberis, De Roon, Uche, Padoin, Luis Gustavo

And they got Gonalons for 5 million.
That list look quite weak but one big doubt, our main DM target isn't even it

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
But for the price he's a way better signing than the likes of Rincon. Would have been a solid back up DM for a 4231.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)