Non-Juve Transfer news (official or rumors) (52 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I only watched them twice. When I watched them, they played a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 of sorts. The basic idea is a striker, an attacking midfielder behind him, and then two attacking wingers, that you could consider forwards because of high up the pitch they play(hence 4-3-3), and two central midfielders. The central midfielders seem to be decided already, they're going to play with Modric and Kroos. The wingers, AM and striker are the positions they've shuffled around with from what I've seen. They played Bale as the attacking midfielder in some games, while in others he played on the right. Isco/James played on the right whenever Bale was played in the AM role. Ronaldo almost always played on the left and Benzema as the striker. Jese was also played as the striker in some games, and in others on the wings.

In a nutshell, I'd say the 4 attacking positions will be interesting, while the 2 CM's and the defense are pretty straightforward.
:tup:

Bale as AM is interesting. i know he played there for Tottenham sometimes in his last season, but have no idea how he was. Isco/James as AM and bale on the right would make more sense, but lets see how Benitez will make that work 1st. Kovacic will rotate at CM probably if they continue with this setup. defense is well known if they dont sign anyone, but i think Benitez will rotate the team more than Ancelotti

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ya i agree Bale should definitely play on the right, i don't understand why Benitez wants to play him in the AM role, he offers no creativity, while they have James/Isco as options. I strongly doubt Kovacic will be able to start in his first season there. I know he probably prefers the AM role, but do you think he's capable of playing in a deeper position, i.e as a rotation option with Modric/Kroos? Haven't watched much of Inter the past couple of seasons to be honest.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Ya i agree Bale should definitely play on the right, i don't understand why Benitez wants to play him in the AM role, he offers no creativity, while they have James/Isco as options. I strongly doubt Kovacic will be able to start in his first season there. I know he probably prefers the AM role, but do you think he's capable of playing in a deeper position, i.e as a rotation option with Modric/Kroos? Haven't watched much of Inter the past couple of seasons to be honest.
I thought Kovacic was more of a deeper lying playmaker.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Kovacic plays AM for Croatia i think with Modric-Rakitic behind him, and i do think he is better suited for the AM role, but Real have better players at the offensive positions (Ronaldo-Bale-Isco-James) for him to get much playing time, and thats the main reason why i think he will rotate with Modric/Kroos (Illara leaves them i think so that leaves him as 1st choice and L.Silva as 2nd choice backup). i also think he wont start maybe even 1st 2 seasons, Modric and Kroos when healthy are currently irreplaceable and he is still very young going to the biggest club in Europe. it will take him time to settle in. not sure if he can succeed as a CM in a 2 man mid for them, he has the necessary characteristics to play there in a possession based formation, but since Benitez is an unpredictable guy, he might as well never even play there, so id rather see what he has in mind 1st.

what he is planning with Bale at AM is a mystery to me. he under performed last season, so maybe Rafa wants to involve him more into the game this way. or maybe he prefers Bale on the left side, but since Ronaldo is there, he plans to make him drift to the left more from the AM position when Ronaldo is running into the central areas. James on the right side should work out great though imo. might start watching Real more next season. will be interesting to see if Benitez will pull a Luis Enrique there or flop like he usually does at a top club

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Inter have fucked up, as usual, but I also don't think Kovacic has made a smart move. He needs to be the champion someone and learn somewhere like Liverpool, then move, à la Suarez.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
My point is that he is a gamble for Real Madrid - well, they can afford the risk and ship off to PL for good money if he flops - and also for the player himself, but for Inter they are selling an important young player with a lot of potential so they can sign a good established player(s) with no room for growth (probably Perisic).

The usual short-sightedness from that club.

Swapping Pirlo for Drazen Brncic (who?) and Cannavaro for Fabian Carini, I hope this is a similar regret.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I think Kovacic will rotate with Modric and Kroos, no way they consider him as an AM.

Last year Madrid started to crumble when Modric went down i think Kovacic is there as insurrance incase Modric gets injured again.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/57...decided-to-leave-wolfsburg-for-man-city-waz/

"Big news regarding Kevin De Bruyne’s future was broken late on Wednesday night by reliable local Wolfsburg newspaper Wolfsburger Allgemeiner Zeitung.
The 24-year-old Belgian winger has reportedly decided to leave the German club in order to join big spending Premier League giants Manchester City.
A club record fee of around €80m (£56.7m) is expected to be enough to acquire the former Chelsea youngster, with De Bruyne set to earn a whopping €16m (£11.3m) a year at the Etihad."

What a hard decision must have been, 2 or 16 mil.€ per year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)