No No No ...Mico and Maresca Should Remain with us ! (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
Saying Micco has done more than DP is a tad bit overboard don't you think.

I would not let Miccoli off this season because he proved could be useful to us, but I never had the thought of him as our leader or something like that ....

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
IncuboRossonero, i'm not sure why you dont rate Miccoli highly considering he is second choice to del piero and still manages to impress and score in games.

And facts are facts, Del Piero is 30 years of age on November 9th this year. He gets injured a lot and who is to say that he will be around in 2 or 3 seasons time. Miccoli is the perfect player to replace him even if he hasnt grown the leadership skills that you are talking about. Not all players lead a team, but that doesnt mean that he cant be del piero's replacement.

If anything, Miccoli is unlucky that Lippi shows great faith in his captain. Del Piero is inconsistant at the moment and he's not firing on all cylinders. Miccoli really should be starting ahead of him and if he was, he'd be making a bigger impact IMO.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
dont let your feelings get into this, if miccoli is replaced by a better man, then why not?
Replaced by who exactly? we all know that support strikers with del piero's characteristics in their play are getting scarce these days, especially at miccoli's age.

worse case scenario, del piero keeps on getting injury prone and within 2 seasons he moves on. Miccoli is also gone. We could seriously be risking our support striker position. players like Di Vaio are not good enough for it as they dont create enough.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Miccoli and Maresca r gr8 players, and they r young players, in the future they will be gr8 footballers.
So I think Juve mustn`t let them go. They r gr8 players and r important to Juve

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Appiah has the potential to be a Davids as he has shown at Brescia. However, i dont thnik he has shown any form at all so far for juve which can resemble Edgar Davids at his best.

As for zalayeta, we will only miss him if di vaio and trezeguet both get injured. Hopefully this doesnt happen.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
Appiah has the potential to be a Davids as he has shown at Brescia. However, i dont thnik he has shown any form at all so far for juve which can resemble Edgar Davids at his best.

As for zalayeta, we will only miss him if di vaio and trezeguet both get injured. Hopefully this doesnt happen.
We will never miss him .... do not let the gal in nou camp fools you

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Maresca and Miccoli must stay, it's that simple really because they're our most promising players right now.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ahmed ] ++

We will never miss him .... do not let the gal in nou camp fools you
Zalayeta isn't an amazing player, we know this, but what I feel is that he's a very useful player. He pitches in with the odd goal every now and again and always gives his best. Most importantly, he was a decent squad player. If two of our strikers get injured what're we going to do? We'll be in big trouble; four forwards isn't enough when you're competing in three competitions.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I'm with you Sallyinzaghi, the game against Roma showed clearly we need someone like Davids.

Tacchinardi just went round trying to kick lumps out of the Roma midfield, his performance (and Conte's) was embarrassing as you could see they had no answer to Roma's play and were resorting to fouling them.

Tacch was like a little spoilt child, you could see he was annoyed at how bad he was in comparison, and was just lashing out at them.

We need a big-time player in midfield, not Tacchinardi or Appiah. The sad thing being, we've just sent to Barca one of the best in the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)