No Cassano transfer? (2 Viewers)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Roma Given Transfer Embargo
7/1/2005 11:54:00 AM
Roma have been handed a one-year transfer embargo by FIFA after Philippe Mexes’ controversial move from Auxerre last summer.
The defender joined the club before his Auxerre deal had expired, and although the transfer was cleared, the giallorossi have still been severely punished.

They were told late last night that they will be unable to buy anyone in the next two transfer windows.

The club will now appeal although the good news is that the embargo shouldn’t affect the transfers of Shabani Nonda, Samuel Kuffour and Rodrigo Taddei which have already been concluded.

I think that will definately cancel the cassano deal as juve are offering players plus cash and now roma can only accept money. any thoughts?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Roma is highly unlikely to accept any Cassano bid from us now that they can't get Mutu or Miccoli in return.

I think that the penalty for Roma is very harsh by the way.

OP
Boudz

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    unfair since auxerre had already accepted the transfer a year ago, i think

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    It wasnt unfair, they stolen Mexes,
    other clubs including Juve would made probably bigger bids for him,
    we may loan them Mutu+Chiellini+Miccoli and maybe give us the money under the table for them if needed,
    or another similar solution

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Yep:
    http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11394

Personally, I'd rather have Gila over Cassano anyway. But Capello has a thing for Cassano, and the love seems to be mutual. Which would be a big dent for Capello's plans.

But I hope this might improve our chances of picking up someone like Gila instead.
    Well I know this is usually out of the question, but why not both?

Its a big drame here. Milan want Chelsea's Crespo and/or Parma's Gilardino, Chelsea want Gilardino or our Trezeguet. By selling Trezeguet to Chelsea, Milan gets Crespo which in theory should lower the highest bid on Gilardino, and we would have the money to take him home.

And Roma can sell Cassano, but they can't reinforce in that area for a year. Which makes me really doubt that they'll sell him, though letting him go for free would be crazy.

If they still can loan players, we could loan them Miccoli for a year + 4€m or something for Cassano.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Good. Now we can focus on buying a world class partner for Emerson, something we really need.

And this could spell "Free Transfer for Cassano" next summer as well.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Good. Now we can focus on buying a world class partner for Emerson, something we really need.

And this could spell "Free Transfer for Cassano" next summer as well.
    I want Gerrard :down:

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
    Its hard to tell which position we will get a class player in ...but we really need it in midfield....i think personally

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    heard talks between gerrard & Liverpool didnt go too well. and im sick with the cassano saga. hope we get him!?

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by njork10 ] ++
    but would gerrard wanna take a risk of moving to a foreign country with the world cup looming.
    yeah...his place is virtually garunteed.

njork10

Jun 30, 2005
    i dont agree he wasnt that good in the euro and certainly in the other games ive seen for england.Remember england are spoilt for choice when it comes to midfielders

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by njork10 ] ++
    i dont agree he wasnt that good in the euro and certainly in the other games ive seen for england.Remember england are spoilt for choice when it comes to midfielders
    as an unashamed england follower, in my eyes the form or carrick and co have to be stupendous to oust Gerrard. Only Signor Beckham could do it to allow SWP in...otherwise i dont see any options realistically who have mor equality than he...lampard is a given partner anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)