Nicolas Anelka (1 Viewer)

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He's been here a few weeks and in the twilight of his career, still looks better than the rest. He even ran back to defend. I don't think I've ever seen him do that in his life.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
What a huge slap in the face for Gio. Conte decided to play a proper striker as AM instead of Gio, because he doesnt trust his creativity enough to play him in his original position :howler:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Siena and Celtic are two great opportunities to see what he can do for 70-80 mins.
i'm not sure if he's ready. The Celtic tie is over so I'm all for playing him in that but we need the Serie A points and we don't exactly have a history of just easily swiping aside the minnows, even when it's at home.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What a huge slap in the face for Gio. Conte decided to play a proper striker as AM instead of Gio, because he doesnt trust his creativity enough to play him in his original position :howler:

Anelka isnt what you would call a proper striker at all (far from it), has been a natural second striker since his teens, I would say one of the factors of his career faltering is being misused/missunderstood as main striker (besides his character/attitude, inability to handle pressure), and hence be expected to produce amount of goals he isnt really built to deliver as a player (was ze case with PSG, Arsenal, Real and Pool), when his main skills is link up play and movement really, which he allways been fantastic at.

For this game, he was used in the hole in those last 15 mins, because he wouldnt be bullied off the ball as much as Gio, and latter is better of being wide and crossing or running into channels (as was ze case in that only chance he had).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)