Nicola Legrottaglie (4 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't know about that, I remember earlier in the season he gave a brilliant performance away to Bayern and a few days later had an atrocious game in Serie A against weaker opposition(can't remember who).

I felt that summed up his time at Juve as he can play fantastic in big CL matches yet lose his head completely in small games. Hopefully as the team improves so will his consistency.

I was surprised that him and Canna played well together tonight because in the past that partnership has looked shaky for Juve and the NT.
Part of it is about how Juve play.

Against big teams, Juve are more defensive so there is less space for the CBs to cover, which masks Legrottaglie's main weakness; his lack of pace.

Against smaller teams, Juve are attacking more and leaving bigger spaces for the CBs to defend in, which Legrottaglie finds tough.

Buy on AliExpress.com

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I think he is a better player than he gets credit for round here.
He's terribly inconsistent.
he's almost a wc defender when it comes to defending set pieces, better say all the high balls but when it comes to low passes, one two's he gets lost, hes lacks the reflex of positioning and his speed doesn't help him either.. Otherwise a perfect sub..he has done his duty at juve without any doubt.

May 22, 2007
Every other week I feel like I change my opinion on how well he has performed. If he was consistently good then he would be held in much higher regard, but he does do a lot of stupid things.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
I feel sorry for him. He hasn't been any worse than the likes of Grosso and Cannavaro over the last two seasons and this would've been his one shot at a major tournament.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Legrottaglie: 'It's a blow'

Tuesday 11 May, 2010

Juventus defender Nicola Legrottaglie admits that it came as a blow to hear that he isn't in Italy's preliminary World Cup squad.

The 33-year-old centre-back trained with the Azzurri at a training camp held in Rome only last week.

Speaking to ANSA, Legrottaglie said: “Lippi called me, and I thanked him again for the last two years.

“He explained to me why and I replied that he shouldn't have to give his reasons.

“I am certain that he has done it in good faith. It's not my habit to think differently.

“My friends have been calling me in the last few minutes. It is a blow. But I am taking it as a chance to grow personally.

“It's in these moments that you measure the authenticity of your faith, and I would like to once again thank God.

“I will try to grow as a man after this disappointment.”

FI

Poor Jesus boy. A bench warmer in 7th place Juve and he wants to be in the world cup. It doesn't work.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Legrottaglie: 'It's a blow'

Tuesday 11 May, 2010

Juventus defender Nicola Legrottaglie admits that it came as a blow to hear that he isn't in Italy's preliminary World Cup squad.

The 33-year-old centre-back trained with the Azzurri at a training camp held in Rome only last week.

Speaking to ANSA, Legrottaglie said: “Lippi called me, and I thanked him again for the last two years.

“He explained to me why and I replied that he shouldn't have to give his reasons.

“I am certain that he has done it in good faith. It's not my habit to think differently.

“My friends have been calling me in the last few minutes. It is a blow. But I am taking it as a chance to grow personally.

“It's in these moments that you measure the authenticity of your faith, and I would like to once again thank God.

“I will try to grow as a man after this disappointment.”

FI

Poor Jesus boy. A bench warmer in 7th place Juve and he wants to be in the world cup. It doesn't work.
I think he took that really good. Classy guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)