Nicola Leali (1 Viewer)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Magnusson.

Leali was rarely tested but when he was, he pulled of some very nice saves.

I really hope once Buffon retires that Leali immediately takes over.

Buffon is 35 and has a contract until 2015. I could easily see Buffon extending and staying until 2016-2018 and retiring when he's about 38.

In the mean time, I hope Leali gets a couple years of Serie A experience and takes over the reigns at Juventus and not take some short gap solution like signing Marchetti, great GK - but he's already 30 and by 2018, he'll be 34/35.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Magnusson.

Leali was rarely tested but when he was, he pulled of some very nice saves.

I really hope once Buffon retires that Leali immediately takes over.

Buffon is 35 and has a contract until 2015. I could easily see Buffon extending and staying until 2016-2018 and retiring when he's about 38.

In the mean time, I hope Leali gets a couple years of Serie A experience and takes over the reigns at Juventus and not take some short gap solution like signing Marchetti, great GK - but he's already 30 and by 2018, he'll be 34/35.
agreed, we need to plan for after gigi, imo he has max 3 years of top class in him and after that we need a replacement.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Leali working towards Juventus
By Football Italia staff

Juventus-owned goalkeeper Nicola Leali has no regrets about failing to secure a summer move to a Serie A side.

The 20-year-old was wanted by a number of top-flight clubs, but he joined Serie B side Spezia on loan after spending last season with Lanciano.

“There was contact with Cagliari and Sassuolo, but Spezia was the best choice,” he told Calcio News 24. “I can play regularly here and I’m happy.

“I need to continue doing well on a year by year basis, in order for me to grow.”

Leali is rated highly in the peninsula and he could soon become an alternative to Gigi Buffon – even if that may not be in 2014-15.

“It would be hard to be at Juventus next season,” he added. “I’ll aim to do well this term and then, if possible, I’ll look to take another step up.

“I think the road to get to Juventus will be long and winding. I will have to work a lot to reach that objective.

“For this term I want to do well in the jersey of Spezia, but the dream is to play for Juventus.”

----

:tuttosport:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Leali working towards Juventus
By Football Italia staff

Juventus-owned goalkeeper Nicola Leali has no regrets about failing to secure a summer move to a Serie A side.

The 20-year-old was wanted by a number of top-flight clubs, but he joined Serie B side Spezia on loan after spending last season with Lanciano.

“There was contact with Cagliari and Sassuolo, but Spezia was the best choice,” he told Calcio News 24. “I can play regularly here and I’m happy.

“I need to continue doing well on a year by year basis, in order for me to grow.”

Leali is rated highly in the peninsula and he could soon become an alternative to Gigi Buffon – even if that may not be in 2014-15.

“It would be hard to be at Juventus next season,” he added. “I’ll aim to do well this term and then, if possible, I’ll look to take another step up.

“I think the road to get to Juventus will be long and winding. I will have to work a lot to reach that objective.

“For this term I want to do well in the jersey of Spezia, but the dream is to play for Juventus.”

----

Let's hope he continues to develop well and at least signs with a Serie A side next season. Would be great to have a ready made Gigi replacement. Very big future ahead for this guy.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
At least he realises he is unlikely to get a shot here until he is at least 22-23, but that shouldn't stunt his growth as a player at all.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
He's gotta work on many things in order to be a top level keeper. He's got fantastic reaction saves and all that, but he's got the Buffon tendency to deflect shots into the area like were they assists, he has no authority in the air and doesn't seem to communicate much with his backline.

Then again, I could be talking out of my arse, as I've only seen 5 full games with him BUT THAT'S MY RIGHT AS AN INTERNET POSTER.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Storari's contract expires july 1st 2014... Either Leali will come back and take over or we will sign a new 2nd choice goalkeeper.

Leali to play ~10 matches for us next season > some random rather expensive 2nd choice goalkeeper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)