Nicola Leali (46 Viewers)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
:p ill trust you but it would have been interesting to see his flaws and what he needs to work on other than in general.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
'twas a master stroke sending Leali to Lanciano. A favourite for the title of Serie B whipping boys...but the bookies didn't count upon Leali. Who has been immense, truly immense. Shame about Prince Gouano, but fuck it, Nicola is in the very least continuing to show incredible promise. Our future, is certainly in safe hands.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Most promising thing about him is how he stays on his feet for as long as possible. The agility and reaction is to be expected. If he improves his handling and aggression he could be world class.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
He really does look extremely promising. I guess we can expect him back here at the start of the 2015-2016 season? :D
Let's assume that he will continue to maintain his current form, if not keep improving...next season, at best, he could be in the mix for a starting spot at a Serie A team from the bottom half of the table. Maybe one of the newly promoted side. Does well there, and at the earliest he would join our squad at 21 years old in the summer of 2014. Probably more likely the season after, but then again, much may well depend upon Buffon's physical state.

so he's better than Branescu?
He is a year older, already owning a starting spot at a Serie B side most expected to remain in a season long relegation battle after debuting in the second tier. After times with the U16/17/18/19, Nicola is now also often part of the U20 national set-up. Definitely much more potential already seen in the italian. However, Branescu has been the first choice primavera keeper for two consecutive seasons now, is well established as part of the romanian international youth setup, and looks to have a bright future. If we didn't rate him highly he would't be owning the starting gloves. Leali could well be that once in a generation freak like Santo Buffon. And could turn out to be a brilliant purchase and spot by Beppe and Paratici.

Most promising thing about him is how he stays on his feet for as long as possible. The agility and reaction is to be expected. If he improves his handling and aggression he could be world class.
Agreed, Deep C. He looks like he has spent his infancy been force fed videos of Buffon, Schmeichel, Pagliuca, Kahn and is working on movement he has continued to study as he has grown into adolescence. His bravery and confidence remind me of the Dane and Kraut.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Nice vid. I like that he wears his sleeves short like Gigi, and he's quite cocky. He's got damn impressive reflexes and he does well to hold onto strong shots, but he does appear to be a bit theatrical like Casillas, making the routine saves look dramatic.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Nice vid. I like that he wears his sleeves short like Gigi, and he's quite $#@!y. He's got damn impressive reflexes and he does well to hold onto strong shots, but he does appear to be a bit theatrical like Casillas, making the routine saves look dramatic.
That's what reminds me of Pagliuca...that fucker threw himself all over the place. It seemed like he couldnt catch the ball unless he dived/jumped/lunged/did a back flip or forward somersault...still, a damn good keeper on his day. I used to enjoy watching him. As well as tubsy wubsy Peruzzi. He had..what all the keepers I mentioned had in abundance, the same thing which I suspect sets Leali apart from others of his age; strength of character and slightly Berserker spirit. Most, if not all the best keepers have a hint of lunacy about them. Buffon is the only one I have known who hides it well...but its there. You can see it in his eyes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)