Nicolò Zaniolo - AM - Roma (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
mbappe is beyond being a young player with potential. he is already proven quality.

it's up to zaniolo and haaland to prove that they are consistent quality

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
btw guys

zaniolo stats aren't that impressive: 6 goals and 2 assists this season in serie a. last season he had 4 goals and 2 assists

10 goals and 6 assists doesnt scream to me must have or absolute monster midfielder.

to give you perspective, pogba when around same age as zaniolo (19/20) scored 5 goals in serie a no assists. then when he was 20/21 he scored 7 goals and 11 assists. and pogba played for a coach that played him as a cm, as opposed to a free moving am like zaniolo. and pogba had to contend with teams defending 11 men and slow possession based football as opposed to zaniolo playing more open football.

not saying i want pogba back, or that zaniolo isn't good. what i am saying is zaniolo seems impressive because of highlight reels and potential as opposed to consistency or must have qualities.

havertz is a much more impressive youngster to go after.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
btw guys

zaniolo stats aren't that impressive: 6 goals and 2 assists this season in serie a. last season he had 4 goals and 2 assists

10 goals and 6 assists doesnt scream to me must have or absolute monster midfielder.

to give you perspective, pogba when around same age as zaniolo (19/20) scored 5 goals in serie a no assists. then when he was 20/21 he scored 7 goals and 11 assists. and pogba played for a coach that played him as a cm, as opposed to a free moving am like zaniolo. and pogba had to contend with teams defending 11 men and slow possession based football as opposed to zaniolo playing more open football.

not saying i want pogba back, or that zaniolo isn't good. what i am saying is zaniolo seems impressive because of highlight reels and potential as opposed to consistency or must have qualities.

Fuck Havertz. He's so overrated and would probably cost 30 million more. Zaniolo is the better player. Stats don't tell the whole story. You're also forgetting Zaniolo was injured for a large portion of the season.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i have considered it. if you look at stats then havertz played 4 matches (30 matches total) more than zaniolo (26 matches)

yet he scored 12 goals and 6 assists. so in 4 matches more he had double the goals and double the assists. for a very lackluster side.

in fact havertz has been consistently good for 4 seasons now. and he is only 21. same age as zaniolo. when havertz was 17/18 he had a similar number of/appearances for levrkusen as zaniolo did for roma last season and similar stats (4 goals and 5 assits). as a 17 year old. when havertz was rocking bundesliga, zaniolo was a nobody in inter youth team.

havertz last 4 seasons

30 games. 12 goals 6 assists
34 games. 17 goals 3 assists
30 games. 3 goals 8 assists
24 games 4 goals 5 assists.

that doesnt scream overrated. that screams talent that has been improving and being good for 4 years and is only 21. while zaniolo only has 2 seasons of ok performances and is same age. as for price, yeah we know good talent demand high prices. thats why we paid so much for de ligt and dybala.

to me it's better to spend more and get the superior havertz vs the maybe good maybe just hype zaniolo. if money was available.

i'd rather sign 10 havertz' before we waste any money on italian youth

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
btw guys

Zaniolo is coming back from serious injury.

Bundesliga is more open league for AMs.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Andrea Pirlo

With back 4 just don't play wingers. CR is not a winger anyway and he plays from the left, play Cuads on the right for width, Dybala and Zaniolo everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)