Nicolò Zaniolo - AM - Roma (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
IMO Zaniolo should be a priority signing for us this summer. I don't remember the last time there was some Italian player with his characteristics. The way he utilizes strength & technique is incredible. And not just Italians, but looking at players generally, I'd say it's incredible how he stands out. He'd be by far the best capture if we get our hands on him.
I wouldn't go much further than Kulusevski to see the same combination of speed, technique & power. But it's definitely rare.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Kulusevski has really good stamina and work rate, good explosive burst acceleration at times to combine it with his strength (what he does to Koulibaly), but can't maintain it for long.

But Zaniolo has legit top speed for his size, so often he just kicks the ball forward and burns his mark with sheer cheetah force. Use it deceptively, doesnt pop at you too often. But his closest comparison is Kaka for this reason. He is really dynamic for combining the skills and strength with excellent speed.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Could be, but how long til he gets there?

In football, Acceleration > end speed for me.
Fairly quick enough actually. Look at any time he is in wing positions in this clip, he basically looks Bale lite, how revs the engine and just leaves you in the dust.

Monstrous counter attacking talent, because you cant touch him, shrugs you off with that powerful stature, while having the speed to leave you hanging.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Kulusevski has really good stamina and work rate, good explosive burst acceleration at times to combine it with his strength (what he does to Koulibaly), but can't maintain it for long.

But Zaniolo has legit top speed for his size, so often he just kicks the ball forward and burns his mark with sheer cheetah force. Use it deceptively, doesnt pop at you too often. But his closest comparison is Kaka for this reason. He is really dynamic for combining the skills and strength with excellent speed.
Really? Speed is the least quality I see in Zaniolo's skillset. He's not slow, but I wouldn't consider him a fast player at all.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Are we talking about the same player?

Zaniolo is fast as fuck , specially with the ball on his feet,dude runs like KAKA , he has big steps (cause he is tall) and is explosive.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Fairly quick enough actually. Look at any time he is in wing positions in this clip, he basically looks Bale lite, how revs the engine and just leaves you in the dust.

Monstrous counter attacking talent, because you cant touch him, shrugs you off with that powerful stature, while having the speed to leave you hanging.
I didn't say he was slow :p

He is quick, especially for his size.

Just not as quick as Kulusevski imo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We already know we aren't/can't spend big on a player this window. How we gonna come up with 50-60m for this if he even costs that low?

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Zaniolo's whole appeal is that he's physically superior to almost everyone else on the field. At least to me it looks that way. I don't know many players that can run with the ball like he does sometimes.

What makes him a pain in the ass is that he wants you to try and bear hug him so he can judo throw you to the floor or smack you in the face like he did Berna. That's a rare combination for a player with speed. Usually they want to just roll around on the ground.

If you have Zaniolo and Kulu at the same time, you start most matches with the two most physically superior players on the pitch. Wouldn't that be an amazing change of direction for this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)