Ronaldo-------------------------Kulu

---------------------Zaniolo
-Arthur----------------------
--------
Bentancur​

And the defensive shape:

Ronaldo Dybala

Arthur Bentancur Zaniolo Kulu
Or maybe with a different coach... more of a 4-2-3-1?
The only question is whether Zaniolo can track back reliably beside Bentancur in a 4 man bank. Rarely have I seen us try a non-traditional player there. The most we've stretched it is with Ramsey. I guess if you press high all game, you will rarely have to actually come back into a deep 4 man midfield. But against a good team....

The other solution is to put Arthur there and Zaniolo at LCM.

A 4-2-3-1 would require Ronaldo to actually cover the left side so I can't see that happening.

Then again, you could always try
4-3-1-2.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Yeah, he would be a good replacement for Chiellini/Bonucci now they getting old. Unlike the Ruganis, Caldaras, Mancinis of his young peers, he has the ability to become a top defender.
Romagnoli is closer to Rugani than Bonucci/Chiellini.

Even some Milanisti are beginning to realize that after thinking he's the best defender in Serial A (among other best in the league Milan players).

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
zaniolo should have a clause when he joins that he must follow ronaldo's advice on applying hygiene and beauty care products.

maybe then he can clear his acne face and reach his potential in handsomeness for us.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Still remember the uproar when we gave him away.

Can't see zaniolo and kulu playing at the same time with CR and Dybala on the field.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Swap Zaniolo and Kulu and I'm in
Kulu actually thinks he is better as trequartista and he basically can play on the right and left too
With Kulu in the center he can swap position with both Zaniolo and Ronaldo, as both players tends to drift to the middle
And when possession lost, Kulu with his workrate can drop as 1 of the 3 midfield with Bentancur down to a more deep position left Ronaldo and Zaniolo hanging around the halfline ready to run for counter attack

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Kulu actually thinks he is better as trequartista and he basically can play on the right and left too
With Kulu in the center he can swap position with both Zaniolo and Ronaldo, as both players tends to drift to the middle
And when possession lost, Kulu with his workrate can drop as 1 of the 3 midfield with Bentancur down to a more deep position left Ronaldo and Zaniolo hanging around the halfline ready to run for counter attack
Maybe. I see Kulu as a more "system" player – can beat his man almost from the standstil, can do Robben, can provide width, but he needs a place to gain speed, and it's hard to do that in the center.
Zaniolo is more like poor's man Kaka, can do everything and everywhere, very hard to stop when he is on the run, very hard to outmuscle, can receive the ball with a back to the opposite goal. He won't be effective on a wing imo.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Dybala
Ronaldo - Kulusevski - Zaniolo
Rabiot - Bentancur​
I think this can work. If we press high enough, keep possession and recycle the ball quickly, teams will be too busy defending. Of course, against the European giants like Bayern, Liverpool and Madrid, we need a more cautious approach. However, Zaniolo is a must. With Dybala, Zaniolo and Kulu we'd have, arguably, the most exciting attacking trident in Europe, once Ronaldo leaves/retires in a couple of seasons.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
Forget Zaniolo he is not coming. Friedkin is close to buy Roma. Zaniolo- Juve will never happen on his watch

Dybala
Ronaldo - Kulusevski - Zaniolo
Rabiot - Bentancur​
I agree with you often concerning players. But this line up is totally unbalanced. You specially should know number 1 Dybala is not a typical CF. He comes back help the midfield and so on. If Dybala comes back and plays in between the lines and that is what he do best, who takes his place. As a pure CF he will totally be blocked by the central defenders 2. Ronaldo is a pure attacker does not help in defense, and does not fit in that system.. Zaniolo does not defend . We only have 2 mids they will all ways be overrun. The worst line up there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)