Nicolò Zaniolo - AM RC - Galatasaray (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ya know. If I was gonna bet on a player to recover fully from a couple ACL tears, it would be this guy. Guy has got tree trunks for legs. Got the muscle and strength built in those legs to overcome his knee issues imo. Looks like he’s out on substantial muscle in his legs post-injury which should be very helpful. Has very powerful leg drive too, good acceleration and quickness for his size, and doesn’t look like he’s lost much speed from pre-injury.

I love his style of play. Powerful, strong on his feet, and always pressing hard, with or without the ball. Him, Chiesa, and Vlahovic together would be absolutely immense.

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Ya know. If I was gonna bet on a player to recover fully from a couple ACL tears, it would be this guy. Guys got tree trunks for legs. Got the muscle and strength built in those legs to overcome his knee issues imo. Looks like he’s out on substantial muscle in his legs post-injury which should be very helpful. Has very powerful leg drive too, good acceleration and quickness for his size, and doesn’t look like he’s lost much speed from pre-injury.

I love his style of play. Powerful, strong on his feet, and always pressing hard, with or without the ball. Him, Chiesa, and Vlahovic together would be absolutely immense.
But Dybala Bro. :sad: :cry:

I love me some Zaniolo though.

Those weaknesses mentioned are absolute BS - maybe crossing, but he can definitely hold onto the ball and pass. WTF!

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    Ya know. If I was gonna bet on a player to recover fully from a couple ACL tears, it would be this guy. Guys got tree trunks for legs. Got the muscle and strength built in those legs to overcome his knee issues imo. Looks like he’s out on substantial muscle in his legs post-injury which should be very helpful. Has very powerful leg drive too, good acceleration and quickness for his size, and doesn’t look like he’s lost much speed from pre-injury.

:butchers:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    The knee injuries are a massive worry but there’s no doubting this guy is pure quality on the pitch.

For the right price it’s a gamble that we need to take. One of the most naturally skilful and inventive players I’ve seen in the last few years.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    i rate him and if he was free on moderate wages i'd sign him - but he's not.

we have pressing issues like replacing sandro, rabiot with better players, finding a midfielder who can actually attack and score, bonucci is the only. cb who's likely to be here in 2 seasons, dybala is probably gone and we need someone who can achieve 20g10a, etc.

if we had our 2017 squad we could take the risk with zaniolo. now let's fix the squad first and let's see whether we can still shoehorn in someone like him. currently we're certainly not in a position to gamble on expensive players.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    i rate him and if he was free on moderate wages i'd sign him - but he's not.

we have pressing issues like replacing sandro, rabiot with better players, finding a midfielder who can actually attack and score, bonucci is the only. cb who's likely to be here in 2 seasons, dybala is probably gone and we need someone who can achieve 20g10a, etc.

if we had our 2017 squad we could take the risk with zaniolo. now let's fix the squad first and let's see whether we can still shoehorn in someone like him. currently we're certainly not in a position to gamble on expensive players.
    That really depends on how the rest of this season goes.

If Dybala renews and Zakaria plays as great as Locatelli has been, then that already eliminates two needs.

It depends on if Rovella and Fagioli are part of the first team next season or not.

If all of the above comes true then we really do not need more mids unless we're selling McK. With Dybala and Chiesa back we will play with two mids anyways.

A CB and a LB are a must IMO. We should not miss out on Bremer and someone like Gaya if neither renews their contract.

And in attack we will lose Kulu, Morata and Berna. We need more offensive players for sure.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
    Easily a deal we must complete if possible, with or without Dybala.

Zaniolo is someone who's capable of playing in the hole or on the sides and we're greatly lacking capable players in both positions.

Don't let other positions draw the attention away from this need. We'll probably add a relatively cheap LB like Cambiaso. A CB doesn't cost that much plus we already have Gatti (to use or maybe soften the blow) and I guess our midfield splash will be partially funded by selling Rabiot and Arthur or McKennie, while we add Rovella and Fagioli to have enough bodies in there.

Also... His 2 ACL injuries don't actually worry me too much. He's young and it looks like he's recovering fine from them. Some minor issues are always to be expected in the season after but overall he's doing good.

piotrr

Мodеrator
    Sep 13, 2011
    Way too overhyped and overrated partly because there's a scarcity of good Italian attacking players

That shouldn't be a reason to gamble on a broken player so please stay away.
    He has the talent, hunger and ambition to really be a world class player. Unfortunately i don't think the injuries will ever allow him to be a reliable asset.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    The guy is a literal tank of a player, gifted on several areas that have green lights for him to become a world class player easily. I always wanted to see him here, ever since he started shining in Rome. However, I would understand if we skip on him because of his injuries. I would probably risk it and buy him, though, as I think he's totally worth the gamble, unlike some mediocre players like Ramsey. Having him, Chiesa and Vlahovic would be a fap fest and I doubt any team in the world would look forward to facing those guys.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)