Nicolò Rovella (23 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
54% ground duels won, which is very good. He's short so hes always gonna be at a disadvantage on aerial duels, but he's still managed to win 44%, which is good for a guy with his build.
What are the %s for our mids?

I haven't seen a lot of Rovella but ground duels have always looked a weakness when I have. His issue has been positioning his body correctly, so should be an easy thing to coach out of him, if it hasn't already.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

I haven't seen a lot of Rovella but ground duels have always looked a weakness when I have. His issue has been positioning his body correctly, so should be an easy thing to coach out of him, if it hasn't already.
He's got an identical ground duel percentage as Locatelli, but Loca attemps a little more (3.2 vs 2.8) per game.

Speaking of Loca and Rovella, they would pair pretty well in a double pivot imo.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2013
Watched the game he played vs Napoli yesterday, and if these dummies have any plans for him that doesn't include Juve, it will be a big mistake. Huge. He's the best regista we have, and I would say he's one of the better registas in serie A this season. Great mix of technical ability and reading of the game; he ranks in the 99th percentile in europe in interceptions, 93rd percentile in passes attempted, and 92nd percentile in completion percentage.
Source please ?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
rabiot was the best last season, around 60%, the others around 50% give or take

this season our mids range from 43% to 53%, pogba slightly above 60%. my guess is that rabiot regressed because he plays higher and plays direct duels against cb's more often

our best of our regular players must be danilo (62%), sandro (60%), gatti and rugani (both 58%), the worst are one of the biggest guy of them all (vlahovic, 38%) and kean (34%). must be tactical, right? well, milik wins 51%, around the team average

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
rabiot was the best last season, around 60%, the others around 50% give or take

this season our mids range from 43% to 53%, pogba slightly above 60%. my guess is that rabiot regressed because he plays higher and plays direct duels against cb's more often

our best of our regular players must be danilo (62%), sandro (60%), gatti and rugani (both 58%), the worst are one of the biggest guy of them all (vlahovic, 38%) and kean (34%). must be tactical, right? well, milik wins 51%, around the team average
Vlahovic is really bad when you factor in his size/height. He should be dominating duels but gets pushed around too easy. I think a lot of it is mental though, he spends way too much time whining to the refs. He also isnt as good in the air as he should be. His issues aren't just Allegri, he needs to improve a lot.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
54% ground duels won, which is very good. He's short so hes always gonna be at a disadvantage on aerial duels, but he's still managed to win 44%, which is good for a guy with his build.
Wait, is 54% that good for ground duels? I presume in general you'd expect them to be 50-50 since it's a 1-on-1 scenario. Is 54% all that remarkable?

Asking in good faith, I'm excited about what I've heard and seen of this guy

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Wait, is 54% that good for ground duels? I presume in general you'd expect them to be 50-50 since it's a 1-on-1 scenario. Is 54% all that remarkable?

Asking in good faith, I'm excited about what I've heard and seen of this guy
yeah anything above 50% is good. Casemiro for example hovers around 55%

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
@Lion

- - - Updated - - -

Being real, this season could have gone so so differently if a different, more motivated version of Paredes had arrived.
Yeah, hes our only true regista sadly. Wouldve made a big difference if we got the guy we saw vs Cremonese the whole season. He did mention a couple days ago that he wasnt fit when he arrived, but idk if thats just an excuse or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)