Nicolò Rovella (19 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
They have option/obligation. They can send him back if he sucks, they just need to pay 2.5M or something
2.5M is still better than the 22M or whatever they would have to pay for a permanent move. I highly doubt that’s gonna happen unless the obligation kicks in. Idk what those are specifically but I doubt it will. They’re out of CL and he isn’t even a starter.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don't wanna bust your dreams but Paredes isn't going anywhere. Unless they pull a miracle and ship his ass to Arabia.
Do we have an obligation? What is it based on?

- - - Updated - - -

nailed it

Ok people - next season:

Locatelli, Pogba, Rovella, Miretti, Fagioli, Zakaria*

*sell and replace?[insert name of sixth CM]

Out: Arthur, BigMac, Rabiot, Paredes
If Pogba stays fit.. otherwise I see us pushing for SMS.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

- - - Updated - - -

I see them going after SMS either way, especially since Rabiot will probably price himself out of Juve. Pogba and SMS play on opposite sides, so they can coexist. It’ll mean less playing time for Fagioli though, but Pogba isn’t durable so he’ll have space.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

No, its not an obligation, it's an option. And I believe one of the triggers is playing time. Hence, once he started showing his true form, we've completely stopped playing him. He's gone.

Rovella, Fagioli, Miretti, Pogba, Locatelli, should be the mids next year, probably adding a 6th if we don't sell Zarakia or keeping him.

As much of a fan I am of SMS, we don't need midfield reinforcements with this crop of young, wage-light, Italian mids. We need FBs, a CB, and probably a GK.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
No, its not an obligation, it's an option. And I believe one of the triggers is playing time. Hence, once he started showing his true form, we've completely stopped playing him. He's gone.

Rovella, Fagioli, Miretti, Pogba, Locatelli, should be the mids next year, probably adding a 6th if we don't sell Zarakia or keeping him.

As much of a fan I am of SMS, we don't need midfield reinforcements with this crop of young, wage-light, Italian mids. We need FBs, a CB, and probably a GK.
do we really need fullbacks though? Seems like the three man backline is here to stay. Left flank seems set. They need someone to replace Cuadrado but that’s more of a winger than a fullback.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
do we really need fullbacks though? Seems like the three man backline is here to stay. Left flank seems set. They need someone to replace Cuadrado but that’s more of a winger than a fullback.
If we are going with three at the back moving forward, you'd probably want another RWB and then we definitely need a starting CB and a rotational CB so that FB need turns into a dire CB need. Bonucci is finished, Gatti is raw and shouldn't be starting in any big Serie A or CL matches. And GK need is pretty big. Woj is massively overpaid and I don't know how I feel being a top level club with Perin as our starter.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
If we are going with three at the back moving forward, you'd probably want another RWB and then we definitely need a starting CB and a rotational CB so that FB need turns into a dire CB need. Bonucci is finished, Gatti is raw and shouldn't be starting in any big Serie A or CL matches. And GK need is pretty big. Woj is massively overpaid and I don't know how I feel being a top level club with Perin as our starter.
Gatti is raw but shouldn’t they just trust him? He just started a big game and more than held his own. i do agree that they need a LCB though. But I think Gatti is fine as the third (or in this case fourth) CB

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Do we have any top young fullbacks/wingbacks in our U-23 that look close to ready?

I haven’t paid much attention but any of Mulazzi, Barbieri, Verducci, Turicchia looking good?

Looks like we extended Turicchia to 2025 just a week ago?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

On FM the obligation is set at 25 appearances in the league during the season. Not sure how true that is.

Unless he really kills it in the second half of the season I don't see us buying him.

We need a 6th midfielder there. Fine with Rabiot extension if he continues playing like this. I don't see a difference in his effort which would suggest he's trying just because it is a contract year. He still has a tendency to disappear during games. But I see a difference in decision making, determination to get forward, pass forward etc.

SMS if he can come for cheap yeah ofc, but spending big on him while wide positions and at least one more CB are so badly needed would be very shortsighted agree

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
On FM the obligation is set at 25 appearances in the league during the season. Not sure how true that is.

Unless he really kills it in the second half of the season I don't see us buying him.

We need a 6th midfielder there. Fine with Rabiot extension if he continues playing like this. I don't see a difference in his effort which would suggest he's trying just because it is a contract year. He still has a tendency to disappear during games. But I see a difference in decision making, determination to get forward, pass forward etc.

SMS if he can come for cheap yeah ofc, but spending big on him while wide positions and at least one more CB are so badly needed would be very shortsighted agree
Yeah, I don't think we should extend Rabiot unless its a paycut. His 15 games this year don't excuse the years of average play.

An extension of Rabiot means probably a raise and even at his current wages its money better spent elsewhere. We can keep Rabiot for 7m net or we can bring back Rovella at 1-2m net and buy another midfielder. It's just not worth it imo. Even at his best right now, he's not worth 7m net because of the opportunity cost. That's money better spent elsewhere because we already have a overabundance of midfielders. He can be replaced by any one of Miretti, Fagioli, Locatelli, Pogba, or Rovella and even with a possible drop in quality, its not enough to outweigh reducing those wages.

Last edited:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
They have option/obligation. They can send him back if he sucks, they just need to pay 2.5M or something
I just don't believe this. Hopefully I'm wrong. But that's not how they conduct business. Paredes and PSG wouldn't be willing to accept a temporary deal, and Juventus always bend to this kind of conditions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)