Nicolò Fagioli (20 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
The thing is though our "youngsters" ARE shit and ARE mostly old. I like Fagioli, but Miretti, Iling and Soule are nowhere near good enough.

Iling's pace would probably get him a guaranteed starting spot at somebody like Viola but the other two I don't think would make the cut in a top 6 serie A team.

Part of the issue is we think 23 is young. It's not.
Yet we both know that we could make a huge list of players we considered as top players and who still were under the radar at a smaller club than Juventus is when they were 22 or 23.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Yet we both know that we could make a huge list of players we considered as top players and who still were under the radar at a smaller club than Juventus is when they were 22 or 23.
I really do get this point, and another good example from our own academy is Marchisio. He took a long time to turn beast.

I just think we're all just so relieved to see any players in their 20s get minutes that we are overlooking them all not being good enough at all. If they werent already on our team they would never be on our radar whatsoever

- - - Updated - - -

How old are you again? :b81:
This is the day I was born, you figure it out :sheik:

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20230919_003055.jpg

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I have a feeling his ceiling is good mid-table Serie A player. Someone who will be a club legend nr 10 for Cagliari or Torino and play until he is 38. If he is lucky he reaches Lazio or Napoli, like a Stefano Fiore or Roberto De Zerbi.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I have a feeling his ceiling is good mid-table Serie A player. Someone who will be a club legend nr 10 for Cagliari or Torino and play until he is 38. If he is lucky he reaches Lazio or Napoli, like a Stefano Fiore or Roberto De Zerbi.
i think he can be a useful squad player for us on the long run. even starter if jj keeps lowering its standards lol

my problem with fagioli is that he seems to lack the killer drive of true champions. in other words, not man enough (yet) for the job at juventus. again, jj has different standards to juventus so he might get away with it

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
i think he can be a useful squad player for us on the long run. even starter if jj keeps lowering its standards lol

my problem with fagioli is that he seems to lack the killer drive of true champions. in other words, not man enough (yet) for the job at juventus. again, jj has different standards to juventus so he might get away with it
He also is pretty fragile and gets muscled over easily. Same thing for Miretti. I wonder how they survive the training intensity Evra mentioned.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
He also is pretty fragile and gets muscled over easily. Same thing for Miretti. I wonder how they survive the training intensity Evra mentioned.
The answer is we don't train like that now

- - - Updated - - -

stop starting Miretti, wonder how different things would’ve been if Fagioli played the entire game
Let's be honest, not that different.

Great assist by him, and I agree he should be ahead of Miretti in the order

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)