Nicolò Fagioli (36 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
kvara wasn't even nominated for best u23 player, he was best overall player candidate (and winner eventually)
True, and it was a bad decision. Kvara had a very good season, excellent even, but not even close to Victor Osimhen, who was the real MVP.

I checked the u23 players in serie A, and it's hard to argue against the Fagioli choice. It's also hard to explain why him exactly, but it's hard to argue against him either. I don't know who else was nominated, but if we exclude Kvaratskhelia, Fagioli, despite not having a great season, definitely had a better season than most of the u23 players.
His main rivals for this award, imo, were: Parisi from Empoli, Zalewski (and perhaps also Bove) from Roma, Udogie (and maybe Samardzic) from Udinese, Miretti from Juventus, Thiaw and Kalulu from Milan, Rovella from Monza, Scalvini and Hojlund from Atalanta.

Tbh, Fagioli was among the best 3 or best 5 for sure.

The u23 selection from serie A is not that great. That's my take from this little research.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
True, and it was a bad decision. Kvara had a very good season, excellent even, but not even close to Victor Osimhen, who was the real MVP.

I checked the u23 players in serie A, and it's hard to argue against the Fagioli choice. It's also hard to explain why him exactly, but it's hard to argue against him either. I don't know who else was nominated, but if we exclude Kvaratskhelia, Fagioli, despite not having a great season, definitely had a better season than most of the u23 players.
His main rivals for this award, imo, were: Parisi from Empoli, Zalewski (and perhaps also Bove) from Roma, Udogie (and maybe Samardzic) from Udinese, Miretti from Juventus, Thiaw and Kalulu from Milan, Rovella from Monza, Scalvini and Hojlund from Atalanta.

Tbh, Fagioli was among the best 3 or best 5 for sure.

The u23 selection from serie A is not that great. That's my take from this little research.
AFAIK Baldanzi and Scalvini were nominated with him. Udogie was shit, so was Zalewski

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Udogie wasnt shit, he had 7 G+A and averaged over 2 tackles per game, which is a lot for his position and more in line with the numbers a CB puts up. Yes I'm still pissed about not signing him.

8AE1B47D-D10D-4F96-BEFC-53CB9E50C3F7.jpeg
u wont be mad when he will be available for 10m, after 1 year on the bench at Spurs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)