Nicolò Fagioli (30 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Miretti isnt that special IMO
Fagioli - Im happy he stays but I hope he plays as well.
Rovella - Why? and where?
Miretti isn't that special? Really? Were you even watching our last few games? He was more active, more involved and far more forward in his thinking and passing than the two overpaid shitstains we have parading as midfielders.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 16, 2020
Yeah Miretti seems pretty special, I think Fagioli will have a harder time adapting to Juve/Serie A than Miretti or Rovella, both of which are younger iirc, due to play style. Glad that they will give him a chance.
It’s the opposite for me. I see Fagioli needing less time to adapt than Miretti, because he’s technically superior, his first touch (one of the most important qualities in football) is amazing and his vision is good too. I’d even say that his passing is better.

I see Miretti becoming a box to box midfielder and Fagioli a playmaker, either in a more attacking or defensive role, depending on the manager probably.

But there’s the age difference of course.

Either way, keep both of them next year.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Miretti isn't that special? Really? Were you even watching our last few games? He was more active, more involved and far more forward in his thinking and passing than the two overpaid shitstains we have parading as midfielders.
Being better than our failures doesnt make him special. It just means he doesnt complete suck.
Was I watching Juve`s last few games? Apart for one game which I kind of skipped (forgot who we were facing though), I did watch all the others.

Miretti is ok but I didnt notice anything that can make me say he is a potential starter in the near future.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Talk of him extending till 2026 and that he and Miretti will be a part of the squad next year, Rovella will be sold.

I'd be happy with this
I like Rovella and I hope we don't sell him. I'd rather have him in the squad who at least shows some promise than Pazienzas or Giannicheddas of this world.

Anyway, Agresti was saying that we won't sell him before Max can evaluate him during preseason.

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah Miretti seems pretty special, I think Fagioli will have a harder time adapting to Juve/Serie A than Miretti or Rovella, both of which are younger iirc, due to play style. Glad that they will give him a chance.
I tend to agree with this. However Rovella has one thing going against him compared to Miretti and Fagioli, he isn't club trained like the other two.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
[QUOTE="The Quazis, post: 6535424, member: 17956”]Anyway, Agresti was saying that we won't sell him before Max can evaluate him during preseason.[/QUOTE]
There lies what could the be the biggest issue with Max going forward. From the small sample size I have seen appears not to be his greatest coaching trait. Won many league titles previously but can’t say he wasn’t handed a very good squad.

Now he’s asking to sign the likes of PP and DiMaria when he knows Juve has very little money to spend. That’s all fine and dandy with me, but you don’t to resign the likes of MDS etc etc. Get some of those cheap promising 500k salary guys from other Serie a ciubs. Maybe pick from the ones that made MDL etc etc look like 500k players.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
lol everyone is entitled to their opinion but to me Fagioli is the best of the three and will make an immediate impact. I have no doubt if he got the opportunity Miretti got when he was here last year he would’ve also shined. I think hes more advanced than Miretti when reading the game and has better instincts and touch. That’s not a knock on Miretti, I just think Fagioli is a special player, probably why I’ve been swinging from his nuts all this time.

look at his touch, ball just dies at his feet

I love Rovella, but if Allegri won’t use him as his regista, idk what his role would be at Juve since hes not very versatile tactically. Shame really. I would start him and not look back.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Both Miretti and Fagioli count as home grown, right?

What I don't understand is selling Rovella. We bought him for 23 million?
Rovella was a plusvalenza operation with Petrelli and Portanova going to Genoa. It was all about the money, his contract was expiring and we still paid +20m.

I rather keep Miretti and Fagioli but you won’t hear me complaining if Rovella gets a chance.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
lol everyone is entitled to their opinion but to me Fagioli is the best of the three and will make an immediate impact. I have no doubt if he got the opportunity Miretti got when he was here last year he would’ve also shined. I think hes more advanced than Miretti when reading the game and has better instincts and touch. That’s not a knock on Miretti, I just think Fagioli is a special player, probably why I’ve been swinging from his nuts all this time.

I love Rovella, but if Allegri won’t use him as his regista, idk what his role would be at Juve since hes not very versatile tactically. Shame really. I would start him and not look back.
Agree 100%.

Fagioli seems to be the real deal and could be of immediate use imo.

Miretti was a breath of fresh air and helpful to us but I do think his ceiling is below Fagioli. Fagioli has such an amazing touch, it is so enjoyable to watch. And he just went through an entire season's grind in Serie B winning young player of the competition. He fought, he clawed, and worked with his teammates to get that club promoted and went through all the emotional parts of such an endeavor.

Miretti was playing against Serie C competition and doing okay, nothing amazing, and he came up and was told to not make mistakes, play smart and play safe and he did all those things. I just don't see him as anything more than a good, cheap 5th CM and thats awesome. We need those homegrown players who can be on the squad, not cost a fortune in wages or transfer fee and contribute at decent level when called upon in Serie A or Coppa. That's it.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Agree 100%.

Fagioli seems to be the real deal and could be of immediate use imo.

Miretti was a breath of fresh air and helpful to us but I do think his ceiling is below Fagioli. Fagioli has such an amazing touch, it is so enjoyable to watch. And he just went through an entire season's grind in Serie B winning young player of the competition. He fought, he clawed, and worked with his teammates to get that club promoted and went through all the emotional parts of such an endeavor.

Miretti was playing against Serie C competition and doing okay, nothing amazing, and he came up and was told to not make mistakes, play smart and play safe and he did all those things. I just don't see him as anything more than a good, cheap 5th CM and thats awesome. We need those homegrown players who can be on the squad, not cost a fortune in wages or transfer fee and contribute at decent level when called upon in Serie A or Coppa. That's it.
We should really just give chance to all three of them, there are so many aspects for the player to really succeed that it's impossible to say right now who will be the best of them in the end.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

The same here,

Fagioli looks the most talented by far for me. Not even a contest. The best of all is that the guy is green as fuck and a whole career in front.

Just by looking at the way he controls the ball , his dribbles and his passes...you know he is onto something good. Plain to see

Last edited:

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017

It's not because Fagioli isn't more talented that I think he will have a harder adaptation period, he has the talent to be the best of the lot. To play in Serie A and especially for Juve you need maturity in how you see the game, off the ball movement, positioning, physicality, the fundamentals of a midfielder before even making that awesome pass that Fagioli has the talent to make. Players like Rovella, Ricci, Salvatore Esposito excel at this and so they are more ready at an early age to take that responsibility. I saw the same in Miretti in the few minutes with the senior team and Allegri complimented him on his maturity. Its also, imo, why Fagioli hasn't been a fixture for the U21 national team like the others have been.

Its time anyway to make the jump and see, nothing else is too relevant.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
It’s too bad all three are right footed.
A midfield line of Miretti - Rovella - Fagioli would be balsy (and nothing Allegri would do), but if successful would make our midfield for a decade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)