Nicolò Fagioli (27 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
what do you mean doesnt need? I hate stating the obvious but it looks like I need to: Playing in serie B is much better than serie C.
Yes I thought the same as players develop more at a higher level.

But there’s more, knowing our U23 team we would probably fight for relegation in Serie B, not creating much and conceding a lot. Moral would be very low especially because it are a bunch of kids with 3 veterans guiding them.

There’s a big difference between the Primavera competition and Serie C, mostly the physicality is different, games are more nasty and all those U23 kids suddenly face older guys who already have a professional career for years.

I think that youth football isn’t as performance based as we think it is. You really want to find the right environment where players can develop in a nice way. Guys like Correia and Ranocchia probably had a nightmare season if we were in Serie B this year. And Zauli would never think of using U19 kids like Tongya and Miretti if he had the fear of losing his job

Don’t get me wrong it would be cool to see the U23 in Serie B, but I don’t think it should be our priority and I believe we would struggle a lot

If we have to change one thing the board should talk with the Lega to change the rules, as things are right now U23 players are forbidden to play for the U23 after 5 senior games and that’s not much.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have always been against loaning young players into oblivion, so having a U23 side competing in Serie B is a much better alternative. However, I still think the best prospects should be kept in the main squad provided they're good enough to get some time now and then.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@Hust

I think his biggest problem is that Sarri made him think that he is something.
:grin:

last season was so weird

Honestly I thought you guys were joking with all the hype about his performance yesterday. I mean it was a Crotone dead at 3-0 and given up with 20 minutes to go. They didn't make it any harder for him than a Serie C match.

But yeah, wanna see more him.
You know who else played yesterday in midfield against the same shitty crotone and didn’t do anything at all? Bentancur

- - - Updated - - -

Which one whines more?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The kid has been hyped for at least 2 years now. Yesterday's cameo is good for Pirlo and for the team - with 3 healthy CMs, you need to give him more chances and he can only benefit from that. He looks like a perfect match to what we've been missing - good movement, head is always up and sees a lot, good timing with his passes. He can get out of pressure nicely and actually plays the ball forward.

The kid is a solution for Pirlo, not a problem. If he can field Frabotta vs inda in an away game, he can use Fagioli to rotate CMs, who carry some knocks or are simply tired anyway.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The kid has been hyped for at least 2 years now. Yesterday's cameo is good for Pirlo and for the team - with 3 healthy CMs, you need to give him more chances and he can only benefit from that. He looks like a perfect match to what we've been missing - good movement, head is always up and sees a lot, good timing with his passes. He can get out of pressure nicely and actually plays the ball forward.

The kid is a solution for Pirlo, not a problem. If he can field Frabotta vs inda in an away game, he can use Fagioli to rotate CMs, who carry some knocks or are simply tired anyway.
Well said.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Played vs spal b in coppa, then came on as sub vs a relegation team. Next, needs to come on as sub vs other teams, then start vs a relegation contender, etc. If he passes all of the above, only then can he start vs a verona. Already better than benta lol.

There is a chance but the thing is no`1 goes straight to Serie B while 6 more teams IIRC have a playoff - Juve U23 will definitely not finish first but a 7th place is pretty much what we seem to be heading.
I guess we will end at 6-8.
I thought runners up from the 3 serie c divisions have a playoff for the 4th promotion spot. Or is that outdated?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)