Nicolò Fagioli (13 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Crime pays my friends
no other company would reward an employee for criminal behaviour like this.

every other company would terminate the contract due to bad publicity and of course intergrity.

the only companies that reward criminal behaviour of employees are scam companies engaging in illegal activities.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Renewed until 2028, salary increased from 0.750m annually to 1.5m annually.
As a gesture I guess it is nice to demonstrate to the player that we believe in him.

From a business perspective I dont think this makes any sense though, we just doubled his already long contract and added 2 extra years during a period of big uncertainty regarding his future at Juve and top-tier footie in general.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
As a gesture I guess it is nice to demonstrate to the player that we believe in him.

From a business perspective I dont think this makes any sense though, we just doubled his already long contract and added 2 extra years during a period of big uncertainty regarding his future at Juve and top-tier footie in general.
I mean, I think it does make sense from a business perspective if you think he will rebound from the gambling addiction.

He already proved himself on his very small contract and would've probably been given an extension with the thought being he is a midfielder of our future. So on those grounds the extension isn't out of the question. Add in he has shown some potential and thus would've gotten a raise from 0.750m wages (insanely low for a first teamer or rotational player in today's game) so even the wage increase makes sense.

If anything, looking at other midfielders and thinking he is near starter level for us, 1.5m is probably on the cheap end.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002

No its not... he is a addict and there are more responsable ways to demostrate that we believe in him...

1. You can be behind him as a club and let everybody know we are behind him, internally giving him all the help that he needs and even have a conversation with him and say "Listen you fu%& up, but we got your back, we will give you all the help you need, and if you commit to your recovery, after you recover yourself there will be a new contract with a raise in your salary"

2. If you want to renew him NOW, then sit with him and say "Listen kid, we got your back, and as a way to probe it we will renew your contract, but with the same salary"

This two options have something in common, you are demostrating support but also making him responsable for what he did!!

What Juventus is doing is not "helping" or "supporting" him, as a matter of fact they are doing the exact opposite, he is an addict and you are saying to him "everything is fine" and rewarding him.

And dont get me starting on the message we are giving to the public AND internally to the lockerrom and all the young lads on the team...

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

there are actually no details on the new contract. we can only speculate whether it makes sense or not

what if it includes an anti betting clause, making if possible to fire him or at least put him on minimum wage if he gambles once again? generally there are no legal grounds to fire a gambler as it's a medical condition whether you like it or not. as for the raise it might be some sort of advance payment and his wages could go back to 1m or lower in a few years. again, just speculating, i haven't seen any semi credible info yet

just on a side note, gambling isn't a crime. he's not under investigation by any civil authority. it's dumb and questionable on so many levels but as far as i know it's not criminal

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I mean, I think it does make sense from a business perspective if you think he will rebound from the gambling addiction.

He already proved himself on his very small contract and would've probably been given an extension with the thought being he is a midfielder of our future. So on those grounds the extension isn't out of the question. Add in he has shown some potential and thus would've gotten a raise from 0.750m wages (insanely low for a first teamer or rotational player in today's game) so even the wage increase makes sense.

If anything, looking at other midfielders and thinking he is near starter level for us, 1.5m is probably on the cheap end.
Ok, but he also has to rebound from not playing competitively for a season and being inconsistent for a while.

Imo the most likely scenario is he'll take time to get back to match fitness and proving himself, so business wise the best decisision would've been to renew him (or not) during next season when we have a better idea on how well he's doing and what are the future prospects.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Ok, but he also has to rebound from not playing competitively for a season and being inconsistent for a while.

Imo the most likely scenario is he'll take time to get back to match fitness and proving himself, so business wise the best decisision would've been to renew him (or not) during next season when we have a better idea on how well he's doing and what are the future prospects.
Maybe.

I mean, he's training with the squad and receiving all the coaching every other player is receiving. Sure, that's not the same as playing the matches but its not like he's restricted from training with the clubs. I think the gamble with waiting until next season is he rebounds and is even more of a starter for us and asks for more than 1.5m wages which are pitifully low for a starting level midfielder.

Risk versus reward and the risk won out. He could very well come back, take the next step in his development, and be a top 30 midfielder in the world and then we're talking 4-5m wages.

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
There are so many things wrong with this picture...from our idiot board to extend contract, to his friendship with a guy who left milan for inter...

What fuc... era we live in.

I would break his legs just because he plays for shiter.

I hope fagiot never plays for juve again, crying baby should suck his friends...

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)