Nicklas Bendtner (10 Viewers)

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Vialli on Juve-Chelsea, plus Bendtner
By Football Italia staff

Gianluca Vialli has looked ahead to next week’s game between former clubs Juventus and Chelsea, while warned Nicklas Bendtner to keep things simple.

The two European giants will meet at Stamford Bridge on September 19 as this season’s Champions League begins.

“It will be a game between two sides who have points to prove,” Vialli, who won the European Cup with the Old Lady, told Tuttosport.

“Juventus, because they are back in the Champions League after a few years away. Meanwhile, Chelsea will have to re-start without Didier Drogba. The Blues have changed a lot in an effort to be less predictable.”

The Bianconeri have been away from Europe’s top table for a few years and Vialli expects this campaign to be one of consolidation rather than glory.

“I think this season will be one for Juventus to build a base for the future,” he continued.

“However, if there is one Italian side who can do well in the Champions League this term, then it is Juventus. They play with intensity and a propensity to attack.

“They also did some very good work in the transfer market when you consider value for money – Mauricio Isla, Kwadwo Asamoah and Sebastian Giovinco.”

Vialli was also questioned on La Signora’s decision to sign Bendtner on loan from Arsenal on transfer deadline day.

“I think Juventus did well strategically. After understanding that it was impossible to sign a great champion, they were wise in not spending crazy money for a player who would not arrive with the guarantee that the side would take a step up in level.

“I believe that Bendtner can do well if he doesn’t try to be better than what he is. Every now and again he’ll look to do something special, but that is not his job. He should leave that to Mirko Vucinic.

“He should concentrate on his physical ability as a penalty box striker. He can score a lot of goals that way.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)