Nicklas Bendtner (13 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
The #10 thing was a fake interview from Tuttosport. They've done many fake interviews or quotes like that in the past.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
My thoughts on Bendtner:

Pro
- Very mobile for someone who is 6'5"
- Uncommon touch and control for someone that size
- Useful in the air
- Has done better with Denmark than he has at Arsenal

Con
- Average finisher at best
- Thinks he is better than what he is - whether he buys into Conte's philosophy remains to be seen
- Off field activities, which should decrease with less of a pisshead culture in Italy

Overall he could be useful if he comes with the right attitude. We don't have a striker like him, and for a fourth choice attacker on loan he's not bad at all.

For people expecting a striker of a much higher current standing obviously he's very disappointing.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
My thoughts on Bendtner:

Pro
- Useful in the air

Con
- Thinks he is better than what he is - whether he buys into Conte's philosophy remains to be seen
- Off field activities, which should decrease with less of a pisshead culture in Italy

Overall he could be useful if he comes with the right attitude. We don't have a striker like him, and for a fourth choice attacker on loan he's not bad at all.

For people expecting a striker of a much higher current standing obviously he's very disappointing.
in b4 B81 calls you apologist.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
My thoughts on Bendtner:

Pro
- Useful in the air

Con

Pretty good assessment and in all honesty if he buys into contes system he could explode

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
i swear to God, this guy was one of the reasons that i believed that not only in Egypt u can play football if you wash the Coach's car or being his cousin or S U C K I N G his d i c k but u can find this in Europe too.
:lol: Totally agree. 7aga Wiskha ya akhi. El sa3look el safih dah 7ayel3ab fe Juventus. A7A!

Translation for all inferior beings who can't speak the language:

It's disgusting/revolting Bro. This insignificant insect is actually going to be playing for Juventus. Fuck it!

---------- Post added 01.09.2012 at 07:24 ----------

Pretty good assessment and in all honesty if he buys into contes system he could explode
He might explode in his pants :p

---------- Post added 01.09.2012 at 07:25 ----------

I think he's going to score less than 10 goals in all competitions :stuckup:

Like Amauri was to Hustinki, this dud is to me.

Mar 30, 2006
I think he will get a fair amount of goals for us if he gets playing time. We create alot of chances and maybe people might have problems with his size in italy. Once Giovinco and Isla are playing in the starting 11 he should be getting a fair amount of crosses and good build up play.

It is hard for him to do worse then Boriello so even if he just gets 10 goals he will be a success when you consider our leading goal scorer last season had 10. So from a Loaned player to get 10-15 would be great.

I hope he surprises us and turns out to be fantastic. Wishful thinking maybe though

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Looking at his numbers in all competitions, including international. In 11/12 he was at Sunderland, of course.

11/12 - 13 goals (244 mpg)
10/11 - 12 goals (167 mpg)
09/10 - 14 goals (164 mpg)
08/09 - 18 goals (206 mpg)
07/08 - 12 goals (221 mpg)

Looks like his ratio was improving until he was sent out on loan. You'd expect it to be worse at an inferior team.

But also it suggests that expecting better than a 1 in 3 average from him is unreasonable.

If he scores more than 10 in the league I'd be surprised.

---------- Post added 01.09.2012 at 01:33 ----------

The #10 thing was a fake interview from Tuttosport. They've done many fake interviews or quotes like that in the past.
This one is actually true, it's quite infamous amongst Arsenal fans.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think he will get a fair amount of goals for us if he gets playing time. We create alot of chances and maybe people might have problems with his size in italy. Once Giovinco and Isla are playing in the starting 11 he should be getting a fair amount of crosses and good build up play.

It is hard for him to do worse then Boriello so even if he just gets 10 goals he will be a success when you consider our leading goal scorer last season had 10. So from a Loaned player to get 10-15 would be great.

I hope he surprises us and turns out to be fantastic. Wishful thinking maybe though
If he does well, we might end up signing him on a permanent basis, and then struggling to get rid of him for 3-5 years :scared:

Mar 30, 2006
Well his stats are not great but it should be considered he is only 24 so each year he will get better and Juve gets alot more chances during a game then a team like Sunderland would. I am praying he can shock us and get 15-20.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)