Nick Against the World (76 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I have a feeling we've been here before, am I right? In any case I'm biased against Liverpool so I'm not completely fair to them I don't think. They deserved to win but they were inferior tonight.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What an absolute joke. Milan had six minutes of madness with the dumbass referee being the architect. Liverpool's second goal should never have happened because there was a clear offside that the imbecilic referee decided to let go even with his linesman's flag waiving in the air. Then good old diver Gerrard took a nice fall inside the box with minimal contact from Gattuso; the great referee was sure it was a foul. Then into penalty kicks Dudek was acting like a cheat shaking his legs and jumping feet off the line before the ball was kicked. If the referee had any balls or brains he would have called that shit back every time. Dudek is an absolute joke. Milan deserved to win and now we have all of gloryhunting England having a ball tonight. Congrats for all it's worth.

Nick, your team was robbed once again. Sorry dude.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Menace ] ++
Yeah poor poor poor Milan :rolleyes: they don’t even deserve to be in the final
Please, by that inane logic Liverpool shouldn't have been in Istanbul as well. Hell, they shouldn't have even made it past the Group Stage really.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
What an absolute joke. Milan had six minutes of madness with the dumbass referee being the architect. Liverpool's second goal should never have happened because there was a clear offside that the imbecilic referee decided to let go even with his linesman's flag waiving in the air. Then good old diver Gerrard took a nice fall inside the box with minimal contact from Gattuso; the great referee was sure it was a foul. Then into penalty kicks Dudek was acting like a cheat shaking his legs and jumping feet off the line before the ball was kicked. If the referee had any balls or brains he would have called that shit back every time. Dudek is an absolute joke. Milan deserved to win and now we have all of gloryhunting England having a ball tonight. Congrats for all it's worth.

Nick, your team was robbed once again. Sorry dude.
Oh ffs, when is it not the referee's fault??? Milan should have won it but if you lose a penalty shootout you have noone to blame but yourself.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Oh ffs, when is it not the referee's fault??? Milan should have won it but if you lose a penalty shootout you have noone to blame but yourself.
Because it's a little something called cheating. You can't jump a few feet off the line before a PK is taken Martin. It's illegal.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Because it's a little something called cheating. You can't jump a few feet off the line before a PK is taken Martin. It's illegal.
If it is then the referee should have called it. You don't play games by theoretical rules, you play by rules put into practice. And if that means the referee is such and such then that's the way it is, if you want to win this thing you better cope with it, it's always been that way. I was surprised myself he hardly gave any freekicks but it kept the flow intact so not a bad call.

Bottom line is there's no excuse for missing a penalty, that's a statement black on white saying you failed and you only have yourself to blame. The penalty taker is in such a position of advantage that any leverage the goalkeeper can get it'll never be 50/50, if you miss that's your own fault. Dida may have done the same in 2003 but we lost the shootout and that's it.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Martin, please. How would you feel if you had to take a penalty against a cheating keeper? Rules are rules and they have to be followed.
And the referee is there to reinforce them? I prefer a more pragmatic approach, it's much better suited to winning trophies. And that is you have to accept what comes your way and defeat it because it's never actually fair.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
What a Joke!!!!

Milan really showed the "Real" Football tonight but as Martin said things can happen in Football.

I agree with Andy about the 2nd and 3rd goal, OFFSIDE,PENALTY.

I can say L'pool only played for 6 min and thats all, but well...

I really wanted to see one of my fav players "Maldini" Lifting the Cup :down:, Fabolous goal and great game, in one word "LEGEND".....

am really sad Sheva couldn't end it.

I don't know what happened between Ancelotti and Inzaghi, But I'd never play Tomasson no-matter what.

One more thing say am crazy or whatever you want but I'd take Kaka over Ronaldinho anytime,anyday.

Hard Luck Milan:down:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

It may be illegal but EVERY goalkeeper in the game does it. Every one. I have not seen one keeper that has stayed exactly on his line on a free kick.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

It may be illegal but EVERY goalkeeper in the game does it. Every one. I have not seen one keeper that has stayed exactly on his line on a free kick.
Oh so just because everybody in the world is doing it everything is cool...

Hmm and I don't think every single keeper in the world cheats like that, especially when referees call it back every time. Double standards here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)